Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Instructor course

Instructor course

Hi everybody,

do you guys know of anybody who offers a full time course to become kung fu instructor?
    I do not really care about location (could be China,could be USA, whatever) or style, there are also no financial issues.
    Would be great to hear from you.

Greetings

we have a forum poster that goes by the handle Bawang, he has instructor courses.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    we have a forum poster that goes by the handle Bawang, he has instructor courses.
    He teaches how to make rice bowls.

Ed Parker Kenpo?

He used to run ads for black belt instructors, no experience necessary.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

So, you don't care what you learn, where you learn it from, or how much it costs...as long as you're called a "kung fu instructor" by the end?

I'll teach you!

I'm curious, f you don't care what style you learn or where you learn it from, why do you want it to be "kung fu"?

Quote Originally Posted by deremifri View Post
    Hi everybody,

do you guys know of anybody who offers a full time course to become kung fu instructor?
    I do not really care about location (could be China,could be USA, whatever) or style, there are also no financial issues.

Greetings
    My Instructor course is $7500.00 USD and I am in Cleveland, Ohio. Your Choice of style is Northern Shaolin, Southern Hung gar or Angry Monkey Fist. The course is 3 years and you will need 200 hours of teaching here in my classes and a lot of other stuff.

if you are serious PM me

ginosifu

My instructor course is only $6500 and it includes 2 sets of silk pajamas. I'm also Chinese so you know its legit.

being a student first

over time

you will be teaching/instructor assistant

over time

you will be teacher/instructor.

It takes time.

I agree with SPJ. As an average learner I have had quite a few instructors and I think the best way to learn is to find a true high level martial artist and just train with them for many years. The active part of the training and how the instructor explains the moves verbally is the least important part of the training. The passive part of the training including looking at how the instructor does the moves and getting beaten up by him is the most important part as our bodies will absorb and pick up the moves even without us noticing. After achieving a reasonable level ourselves it will be easy to see what is correct and what is wrong in other people like the beginners who come to train with your teacher. At that point one can gradually start to teach and traditionally most martial artists have learned teaching like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    My instructor course is only $6500 and it includes 2 sets of silk pajamas. I'm also Chinese so you know its legit.
    Ok.... so I will throw in a couple sets of silk pajamas, a flimsy shiny sword and a pair of Feivues! I'm Italian if that does anything for ya.

ginosifu

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    Ok.... so I will throw in a couple sets of silk pajamas, a flimsy shiny sword and a pair of Feivues! I'm Italian if that does anything for ya.

ginosifu
    I concede defeat.

Real answer:

I don't know any "instructor" courses, but I know of a lot of places that offer intensive or residential training.

The sports colleges here in China offer degrees in Wushu, Traditional Gongfu, Sanda, kickboxing, boxing, etc, though the quality of these places are not entirely consistent.

There are many private gongfu schools in China that offer this kind of training. As per Chinese culture, either foreigners are not welcome or must pay an princely sum. I cannot recommend any private school in China at this time.

If you are willing to look beyond gongfu, I can recommend at least several places in Japan that offer high quality training at a fraction of the costs in China, though I guess the high cost of living in Japan might offset that.

Finally, I would advise the OP to not start a martial art with the goal of becoming an instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by deremifri View Post
    Hi everybody,

Greetings
    Are you in the Toronto area?
    How committed are you to this?
    Are you sure you aren't putting the cart before the horse?
    I say that because most people that learn Kung Fu and are committed to it as a lifestyle become instructors eventually.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I think it's important to find someone who you believe you can learn from at your level. Learning is a ongoing process, one that never end. Even a 90 year old could learn something from a small child. We are always growing, so I would say use your instinct and try to avoid any "instructor qualifications programs" unless you have good recommendations.

Blog Entries

.......... Do I hear 5,500?

Going Once....Going Twice
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"