Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The yik kam transform

Quote Originally Posted by nasmedicine View Post
    Exactly, I think some people might be feel threatened by your presentation of the five layers because for them it's such a foreign concept from what they are normally used to especially when training WC. IMHO, the five layers is not reinventing the wheels but rater provides and excellent schematic for understanding the full functionality/utilization of the wheel. It's a nice package for something that would otherwise become disorganized and lost if not presented this systematic fashion. In any case I have said what I need to say for now. You have clearly written everything that can possibly written about the YK transform for those who are truly seeking.

- Nirav

I am in my 50s now. we dont live forever, I have spend 30+ years in trying to figure out what the heck is going on. so, it is my believe that if I dont want these things to be lost, I need to release it without reservation. at some point of our life we need to do something to contribute to the public.

not to mention, all what I am present doesnt belongs to me but the red boat WCK ancestors. It will be very selfish if I dont present it openly.

my personal view is that, WCK needs to adapt to the five layers or equavalent systematic teaching. otherwise WCK does not have a bright future but get limited in the very tribal type of thinking and teaching. As we know, none of those tribal type of thinking and teaching will survive evolution and new technology.

Like everything in the history, people always get short because of bringing up new ideas and concept. so, that is expected by me. also, i dont blame people for those because we ourselve will also did those stuffs, if we are in a different position. it is not the people it is the situation and position.

No one needs to like the Yik Kam transform and I do not expect every one to like it. However, I do want to say that, if you dont like it, create your own. but make very sure you have all based covered. because the technology in martial art is going to get more and more high tech. a style can get obsolete over night. and I dont want to see any WCK lineage fade away.

also, I dont use those fuzzy term Qigong....etc. but very specific details term. that is because everything said needs to be able to implemented and pragmatic.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-10-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    equavalent systematic teaching. otherwise WCK does not have a bright future but get limited in the very tribal type of thinking and teaching. As we know, none of those tribal type of thinking and teaching will survive evolution and new technology..
    See there you go again, with your personal POV “of those poor people” who don’t do/know what you do (sad); so all may be doomed according to you “The Messenger” as you were told.

also, I dont use those fuzzy term Qigong....etc. but very specific details term. that is because everything said needs to be able to implemented and pragmatic.
    Yeah,,,, and you will really pick it up if you’re a MITT Graduate too, because higher education makes the world go-round.

I believe it is time to raise this issue because martial artists needs to be strong and healthy to protect others. instead of going through all type of macho stuffs and by the age of 45, the body run like an old car.
    I'm 57, and myself and most of my nontraditional MA peers without access to the 1850s or 1600 "technology" (it's highly debatable whether the concept of "technology" existed in either era) do not experience the symptoms you feel compelled to warn us about.

In my experience following a Western style healthy diet and sensible exercise program have resulted in more leaps in longevity and health into old age then those of TCMA masters. There are very few IMA or WC masters that lived as long as Helio Gracie or Jack LaLanne.

And despite "all" the anecdotal evidence presented, I think I'll take my lifestyle advice from people qualified in related disciplines rather than a Buddhist engineer who dabbles in amateur history.

My advice to all - avoid unproven exotic diet plans and lifestyle practices based on
    ideology promoted by the unqualified, passionate or otherwise.

Passion can be misguided.

Think for yourself. Question authority, especially the self-promoted kind.

YK transform for those who are truly seeking
    I seek down paths other than that one, which I am confident goes nowhere I would ever want to be.
    Last edited by anerlich; 06-10-2012 at 11:31 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

I am in my 50s now. we dont live forever, I have spend 30+ years in trying to figure out what the heck is going on. so, it is my believe that if I dont want these things to be lost, I need to release it without reservation. at some point of our life we need to do something to contribute to the public.

not to mention, all what I am present doesnt belongs to me but the red boat WCK ancestors. It will be very selfish if I dont present it openly.
    The question would be, who says that even after 30 years you are right?

my personal view is that, WCK needs to adapt to the five layers or equavalent systematic teaching. otherwise WCK does not have a bright future but get limited in the very tribal type of thinking and teaching. As we know, none of those tribal type of thinking and teaching will survive evolution and new technology.
    Well if evolution is the judge why isnt the "1850 WC" still prevalent? Perhaps evolution did its job

Like everything in the history, people always get short because of bringing up new ideas and concept. so, that is expected by me. also, i dont blame people for those because we ourselve will also did those stuffs, if we are in a different position. it is not the people it is the situation and position.
    Thanks for the understanding attitude.

No one needs to like the Yik Kam transform and I do not expect every one to like it. However, I do want to say that, if you dont like it, create your own. but make very sure you have all based covered. because the technology in martial art is going to get more and more high tech. a style can get obsolete over night. and I dont want to see any WCK lineage fade away.

So youre suggesting that everything else out there is flawed? Otherwise why would we have to create our own?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post

The question would be, who says that even after 30 years you are right?

Those who can activate the sets to attain the dynamic body structure, momentum recycle, force pulse generation are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    See there you go again, with your personal POV “of those poor people” who don’t do/know what you do (sad); so all may be doomed according to you “The Messenger” as you were told.

Yeah,,,, and you will really pick it up if you’re a MITT Graduate too, because higher education makes the world go-round.

1. If you like to take yourself as poor people every time other present something that is your freedom.

2. You don't have to keep reading my posts . No one force you to isnt it?
    As you say you are a strong mind not a weak mind. Strong mind can just cut it off and never waste time on reading and complaining on something they don't like to read.

I understand and I agree. Bottom line it's up to the individual.
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Everybody's gotta plan, until they get hit!" - Mike Tyson

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung

I understand and I agree. Bottom line it's up to the individual.
    Yup. It is a free world.

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    I'm 57, and myself and most of my nontraditional MA peers without access to the 1850s or 1600 "technology" (it's highly debatable whether the concept of "technology" existed in either era) do not experience the symptoms you feel compelled to warn us about.

In my experience following a Western style healthy diet and sensible exercise program have resulted in more leaps in longevity and health into old age then those of TCMA masters. There are very few IMA or WC masters that lived as long as Helio Gracie or Jack LaLanne.

And despite "all" the anecdotal evidence presented, I think I'll take my lifestyle advice from people qualified in related disciplines rather than a Buddhist engineer who dabbles in amateur history.

My advice to all - avoid unproven exotic diet plans and lifestyle practices based on

I seek down paths other than that one, which I am confident goes nowhere I would ever want to be.
    103 ! Chu Chung Man

I've tried the foreign concept thing myself dealing with this: http://detroitwingchun.com/steinerdigrams.htm Man I caught hell, I’m agreeing with him (because I know). I don’t remember you standing up preaching back then about being nice to foreign concept week for me -or- anyone else for that matter; sounds like you had a cup of that “tea” Hendrik was talking about.
    Back then I didn't know anyone who had learned the YK transform. However there were many occasions where I agreed with Hendrik purely based on my interpretation of what I read. It is only now that I realized that I wasn't to far off, yet at the same time there were subtitles that one would never get from reading. It's not better than anything nor is is worse it's just a systematic way to train the YKT to bring back the internal aspect to one's WC. You don't have to train the YK style to master it. So you can keep your existing WC and incorporate this into it and "transform" it. You can talk to Navin, Mike or even Jim for more input.
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung

Back then I didn't know anyone who had learned the YK transform. However there were many occasions where I agreed with Hendrik purely based on my interpretation of what I read. It is only now that I realized that I wasn't to far off, yet at the same time there were subtitles that one would never get from reading. It's not better than anything nor is is worse it's just a systematic way to train the YKT to bring back the internal aspect to one's WC. You don't have to train the YK style to master it. So you can keep your existing WC and incorporate this into it and "transform" it. You can talk to Navin, Mike or even Jim for more input.
    Yes, that is true.

It is about support to make every ones investment in WCK practice of sets to have a great return. And no longer keep practicing sets but dont know what to expect.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-11-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post

You can't dawg it unless you try it. I'm a realist and my logic is result based. If I want to built my endurance I cross train, If I want to lower my weight I eat healthy food, If I want to understand more about internal wing chun I check out whatever is available.

Unfortunately there isn't to much out there and 90% of that is garbage. But I agree with you that one should see their own path and try what works for them, but please keep in mind that the Yik Kam Transform at the end of the day is only a name.

If I wanted to I would rename it to something more western and less "exotic". It's not the name or the ego of the person preaching "My stuff works!", the better question is "Will it work for me?". What you've done so far has worked very well for you and that's great.

If your content then more power to you. When you are finally not content then you will seek and that doesn't necessarily have to be on this forum, right? To be honest sometimes I wonder why anybody would share one this forum in light of the constant backlash, but at the end of the day you only share something when you really want other people to have it as well, regardless of the criticism. Can't please everyone. For those who don't want it, they don't have to take it and instead can get it from somewhere else. Nothing wrong with that at all. I do it all the time.
    Last edited by nasmedicine; 06-11-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

I thought this was about technology, sounds very spiritual to me.

1. If you like to take yourself as poor people every time other present something that is your freedom..
    You cannot free me my mind its already free, oh dear messenger

2. You don't have to keep reading my posts . No one force you to isnt it? As you say you are a strong mind not a weak mind. Strong mind can just cut it off and never waste time on reading and complaining on something they don't like to read.
    As long as I don’t come and sit in your circle my mind will always stay strong. I don’t need anyone to tell me what my mind needs. Thanks but no thanks; because I’m not weak minded.

I advise you to stay out of people heads; you’re not a Doctor, so stop playing like one with your “Psychophysical” approach.

I’m sorry Hendrik but your superior intellect could get you in a lot of trouble if you’re not careful. I know what I’m reading; so you can’t fool me like the others.

You cannot free me my mind its already free, oh dear messenger

As long as I don’t come and sit in your circle my mind will always stay strong. I don’t need anyone to tell me what my mind needs. Thanks but no thanks; because I’m not weak minded.

I advise you to stay out of people heads; you’re not a Doctor, so stop playing like one with your “Psychophysical” approach.

I’m sorry Hendrik but your superior intellect could get you in a lot of trouble if you’re not careful. I know what I’m reading; so you can’t fool me like the others.

Thanks for your opinion.

There is no superior intellect here but common sense.
    Also, I am just pull the curtain to let everyone who like to see what is in WCK.

Thanks for your opinion.

There is no superior intellect here but common sense.
    Also, I am just pull the curtain to let everyone who like to see what is in WCK.
    Sure, the common sense part is your doing “Psychophysical Chi Kung”….