Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: The yik kam transform

GlennR,

I would ask you to leave this thread politely.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    superficially it seems like standing loose, breathing naturally, Qi , fajin..... ect. In depth, this is something even 1/ten thousand propotion of Chinese cannot grasp. very obviously after 1850 opium war the chinese culture and tradition got disrupted. So, if we dont start doing something now, we WCner will have a difficulties in the future to recover the big picture.
    Hendrik,

I respect your views on YKT. I will not argue with you over it.

However, I would suggest that there are countless VERY skilled Martial Artists in China, in WC and in other arts, with knowledge beyond our understanding. To think that YKT is somehow better than everything else, and somehow has things that no one else have, is a type of egocentric thinking. I travel extensively in China, I have seen numerous truly amazing skills and knowledge.

I agree with you that a WCK University would be great! If I have one, I will appoint you as head professor in YKT; I will have Alan Orr, SJ Ronin, Vajramusti, Phil Redmond and many others to head their own faculty and share their knowledge. You cannot have a University with YKT faculty only. You cannot have a YKT faculty assuming and making statement what other faculties have or don't have.

Hendrik, I respect your views on YKT. If you learn to respect others, others will respect you too. Doesn't Zen Buddhism teach us to not be obsessed with our own views but to see it from others too?
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

John,

However, I would suggest that there are countless VERY skilled Martial Artists in China, in WC and in other arts, with knowledge beyond our understanding. ------ J

I agree with you.

To think that YKT is somehow better than everything else, and somehow has things that no one else have, is a type of egocentric thinking. I travel extensively in China, I have seen numerous truly amazing skills and knowledge. -------J

if you read my previous posts, there is no where to make claim that YKT is somehow better then everything else.

in fact, I am saying it is just a basic reference on what is very likely happen in 1850. also, I encourage others to compose their own system.

YKT is an introduction of the basic elements of internal Chinese martial art 1850 for those who have not exposed to the elements. an educational process, that is all.

I agree with you that a WCK University would be great! If I have one, I will appoint you as head professor in YKT; I will have Alan Orr, SJ Ronin, Vajramusti, Phil Redmond and many others to head their own faculty and share their knowledge. You cannot have a University with YKT faculty only. You cannot have a YKT faculty assuming and making statement what other faculties have or don't have. -------J

if you look at the YKT cloosely, it says nothing on how Yik Kam Lineage does things, but basic elements are laying out and define to clarify the elements accord to tcma internal.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...23#post1173523

Hendrik, I respect your views on YKT. If you learn to respect others, others will respect you too. Doesn't Zen Buddhism teach us to not be obsessed with our own views but to see it from others too? ------J

ofcause respect others is a must.

In my view, there is no disrespect on this thread toward others.

What I have seen is most people jump due to the assumption of YKT is something threatening. and really doesnt read through what I am posting and trying to understand what is YKT is about.

in fact the following is in my post

--------------------------

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...18&postcount=5

I do have different agendas, and the number one is about education. what I lay out here is the common denominator of WC 1850 accross WCK lineages and not as much as Yik Kam lineage. i am using Yik Kam's teaching to present these common denominator, that is because I must speak with facture evidence with what I have in hand. if anyone has a solid WC 1850 treasure, I am encourge him to share with us. and I take it equal in position as what I inherit from Yik Kam.

if you look at it with my presenting WC 1850 common denominators view. then there is no assumption and no underestimate and no contradiction on any lineages systematic or continuous flow. in fact, YKT is a set of verifed common denominators which one can use as reference aids to further develop one's own lineage system.

--------------

E. Trash it.

after you know what you are doing. trash the Yik Kam Transform away. because you no longer needs boat after you cross the river.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-26-2012 at 04:21 PM.

GlennR,

I would ask you to leave this thread politely.
    Why should i?
    You happily jump onto threads and ramble on about your 1850 stuff, why cant i ask some logical, and obvious, questions.

Ill ask again, if you feel so strongly about saving your precious 1850 WC why dont you start your own group?

If indeed you have inherited it, shouldn't you be doing your best to preserve it?

Isnt that the whole idea of things being "passed along".... you keep passing

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Why should i?
    You happily jump onto threads and ramble on about your 1850 stuff, why cant i ask some logical, and obvious, questions.

Ill ask again, if you feel so strongly about saving your precious 1850 WC why dont you start your own group?

If indeed you have inherited it, shouldn't you be doing your best to preserve it?

Isnt that the whole idea of things being "passed along".... you keep passing
    you have missed my point and what you care is only revenge because you hate me due to my comment on TST demo.

as I have told you :

if I am correct on the TST demo comment, then whatever you think doesnt matter.
    If I am wrong on the TST demo comment, then it is my mistake and it is not yours mistake.

until you get out of the revenging TST and punished with anything mentallity what positive could come out from you?

in fact, since you know TST, why dont you invite him here to discuss?

you have missed my point and what you care is only revenge because you hate me due to my comment on TST demo.

as I have told you :

if I am correct on the TST demo comment, then whatever you think doesnt matter.
    If I am wrong on the TST demo comment, then it is my mistake and it is not yours mistake.

until you get out of the revenging TST and punished with anything mentallity what positive could come out from you?

in fact, since you know TST, why dont you invite him here to discuss?
    Revenge? Really.
    You can keep side stepping the questions all you like, by throwing up the TST thing , but it doesnt change the fact that you dont answer simple basic and very logical questions.

Why dont you start your own group?

Isnt that, as the inheritor of your system (your very own words), is supposed to do???

Or was it in your Sifus mind that you would teach by online preaching??

Revenge? Really.
    You can keep side stepping the questions all you like, by throwing up the TST thing , but it doesnt change the fact that you dont answer simple basic and very logical questions.

Why dont you start your own group?

Isnt that, as the inheritor of your system (your very own words), is supposed to do???

Or was it in your Sifus mind that you would teach by online preaching??

1. I inherit the art doesnt mean I am the gate keeper.

2. what is the point to start a group? you like to do that doesnt mean everyone has to follow you. isnt it?

3. everyone share these days as in Youtube. it is a modern culture. like it take it , dont like it leave it. you like to play police and go policing all the youtube contributors?

1. I inherit the art doesnt mean I am the gate keeper.
    You have clearly said that you have inherited and dont want it lost. What does that make you? The janitor?

2. what is the point to start a group? you like to do that doesnt mean everyone has to follow you. isnt it?

Ahhhh, thats why you havent started a group. you dont know what one is. Ok, ill explain.
    A WC training group would be a number of people that get together to train in the style of Wing Chun. This would involve physical interaction and not incessant rambling on the internet.
    Understand?

3. everyone share these days as in Youtube. it is a modern culture. like it take it , dont like it leave it. you like to play police and go policing all the youtube contributors?
    So your sifu did foresee internet teaching..... amazing!!

You have clearly said that you have inherited and dont want it lost. What does that make you? The janitor?-------G

This is a free world, everyone is free to do what they like.

Ahhhh, thats why you havent started a group. you dont know what one is. Ok, ill explain.
    A WC training group would be a number of people that get together to train in the style of Wing Chun. This would involve physical interaction and not incessant rambling on the internet.
    Understand? --------G

That is your way. if you like it do it for yourself.

So your sifu did foresee internet teaching..... amazing!!-------------G

this is a youtube era, you like it take it, you dont like it leave it. you are not police of internet right?

What comment about TST ?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    What comment about TST ?
    Hendrik thinks TST has no idea what he is doing.

This is a free world, everyone is free to do what they like.
    Yep, youre right. Thats why im free to pick you up on your constant preaching, just as you are to preach.

Understand? --------G

That is your way. if you like it do it for yourself.
    Call me old fashioned, but i would have thought mastering a physical set of techniques would require physical practice

this is a youtube era, you like it take it, you dont like it leave it. you are not police of internet right?
    Yep, no more than youre the judge. Here's a site where all your theories might work

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/

Make sure to pick an 1850 avatar!!

Blog Entries
    Who is TST?

Allow me to ask a stupid question here. I can see that someone may go to others thread to express different opinion. I can't see why someone wants to start a thread so he can argue against everybody.

If I start a discussion thread, I'll listen instead of arguing. To me, starting a thread and argue is preaching. Starting a thread and listen is discussion. Do I miss something here?

Blog Entries
    Call me old fashioned, but i would have thought mastering a physical set of techniques would require physical practice.
    You are absolutely right on this. I have taught people for free just because I need training partners.

Who is TST?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chu_Shong-tin

Allow me to ask a stupid question here. I can see that someone may go to others thread to express different opinion. I can't see why someone wants to start a thread so he can argue against everybody.

If I start a discussion thread, I'll listen instead of arguing. To me, starting a thread and argue is preaching. Starting a thread and listen is discussion. Do I miss something here?
    I think you summed it up nicely