Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: The yik kam transform

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Oh, I am a zen practitioner .

Yes, I have not a thing. Hahahaha.
    I think you mean zero practitioner rather than zen.

You still havent told me, who have you fought and/or who have you trained?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    I think you mean zero practitioner rather than zen.

You still havent told me, who have you fought and/or who have you trained?

See, you don't know zen. Hahaha.

I know as much about zen as you know about fighting.............. zero

I know as much about zen as you know about fighting.............. zero
    Ok. You are the world class mighty fighter!

could you please create a new thread and not hijacking this one?
    Thanks!

Ok. You are the world class mighty fighter!

could you please create a new thread and not hijacking this one?
    Thanks!
    Not at all, but then i dont write thousands of posts telling people what or how the real (you use 1850 ) WC is

Oh, but i was sparring on the weekend mixing up my WC against some MT guys.

You would have sparred how recently?

Not at all, but then i dont write thousands of posts telling people what or how the real (you use 1850 ) WC is

Oh, but i was sparring on the weekend mixing up my WC against some MT guys.

You would have sparred how recently?
    lets move to the other post.

lets move to the other post.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hendrik apparently started this thread and I won't try to hijack it or insert too much of my own views.
    Hendrik appears to have several different agendas. A notable one is his discussion of Yik Kam version of wing chun. It is one version of wing chun and here and there I get some insights into the original form of his art. I understand his suggestions of standing loose, breathing naturally, coordinating the joints and adjustments to forces from different directions.He has no monetary motives in his Yik Kam agenda.

However imo there are several issues I would like to briefly touch on:

1. He posts before proofreading and editing or getting help on editing-this makes for uneven and difficult communication.

2. I have seen his basic Yik Kam form and it is more impressive than other Yik Kam folk's motions including Wang Kiew Kit(sp?)

3. Some Yik Kam folks have added hung gar and choy li fut to their repertoire.

4. Hendrik underestimates that there are lines of wing chun that are far more systematic and continuous in their development compared to what he has discussed or shown to be yik kam.He has taken time to do videos and posting. But his comments on all of wing chun is fairly preachy. His knowledge of other wing chun often appears to be derived from some friends and watching videos. But then he is not alone on this list on judging by watching videos- atleast in large part.

There is no Chan There is no Hendrick. Only virtual Chan Only virtual Hendrick.
    Only virtual Hendrick WCK. Full circle Hendrick has no WCK. HAHAHAHA
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

Joy,

Great to have your input.
    The following are my view.

Hendrik apparently started this thread and I won't try to hijack it or insert too much of my own views.---------------------J

Joy, as I talked about I would love if the WCK culture evolve into a University type of open learning culture. Thus, you are not hijacking, please feel free to comment and ask questions, because that is how We build up a new culture.

What I consider Hijacking is those who's agenda is trolling and endless stress in figthing sport to interupt and disrupt the communication , mutual learning, and investigating WCK as a holistic art.

It is also violate my personal belive or the ancient chinese martial artists Wu De on boasting how good is one can fight....etc. I have no interest in tell others who can fight or what technics can penetrate what internal organs and how deep it can go....etc. Is those stuffs exist? yes, by evident. But that is not the point. the point here is to evolve the culture to a holistic Universitiy open learning type.

Saying that, as many who have seen me knows, I dont take student, I dont have school. I dont take a cents sharing WCK. I am just like a voluntee teacher who teaches in the university. and hope others make good use of the information to help others. People comes taking my class and that is the relationship. No cultural or tribal bondage but based on human conscience of mutual respect and open discussion.

Hendrik appears to have several different agendas. A notable one is his discussion of Yik Kam version of wing chun. It is one version of wing chun and here and there I get some insights into the original form of his art. --------J

I do have different agendas, and the number one is about education. what I lay out here is the common denominator of WC 1850 accross WCK lineages and not as much as Yik Kam lineage. i am using Yik Kam's teaching to present these common denominator, that is because I must speak with facture evidence with what I have in hand. if anyone has a solid WC 1850 treasure, I am encourge him to share with us. and I take it equal in position as what I inherit from Yik Kam.

The name Yik Kam Transform is given because it is a Transform, an educational process to open up different boundaries. It is name Yik Kam to give credit to the contributor who makes things possible, similar to the achedemic we name something with some one's name. I can called it Hendrik Transform, because is my 30+ years of work. But I didnt because I am not the master but a research student.

I understand his suggestions of standing loose, breathing naturally, coordinating the joints and adjustments to forces from different directions.He has no monetary motives in his Yik Kam agenda. ---------------

In my view, if the WC 1850 is not break and recatagorized into five layers or anything to make it understandable now. we will loose the WC 1850 art, the WCK 1850 root accross the lineages. and I dont care if it is my way my lineage or my system, but is the wc 1850 version going to stay? not saying there do not possible exist a superior 2010 version of wc, but focus on WC1850.

superficially it seems like standing loose, breathing naturally, Qi , fajin..... ect. In depth, this is something even 1/ten thousand propotion of Chinese cannot grasp. very obviously after 1850 opium war the chinese culture and tradition got disrupted. So, if we dont start doing something now, we WCner will have a difficulties in the future to recover the big picture.

so, the agenda here, and I am not shy to tell, is we have to be educated to know what is it means in 1850 and I propose using the layer catagorization to seperate and conque to understand them. if others come up with a better solution, i am all supporting it.

finally, it is not just that standing loose, quite mind, breathing naturally....etc. it is much much complex and deeper then those. It is not an art from Yik Kam I am presenting. I am presenting the elements of how the WC 1850 ancestors make things happen. Some might be similar as we are today do. some might be totally different.

However imo there are several issues I would like to briefly touch on: -------J

Sure. please feel free.

1. He posts before proofreading and editing or getting help on editing-this makes for uneven and difficult communication. ------ J

True.
    I Try to post what I know and experience as much as possible. thus, I have an issue here. I think Matt is a great example to solve a big part of this issue via asking me questions to clearify what I am saying. and I like that.

2. I have seen his basic Yik Kam form and it is more impressive than other Yik Kam folk's motions including Wang Kiew Kit(sp?) -------J

Impressive or not, I take a stand on go by book and keep my own invention away. That way, it is as it is. what one sees is what one get.

3. Some Yik Kam folks have added hung gar and choy li fut to their repertoire.-- -------J

There is no question on these. because even from the same sifu, some students view things differently and they have the freedom to tailor their art.

4. Hendrik underestimates that there are lines of wing chun that are far more systematic and continuous in their development compared to what he has discussed or shown to be yik kam. --------------J

if you look at it with my presenting WC 1850 common denominators view. then there is no assumption and no underestimate and no contradiction on any lineages systematic or continuous flow. in fact, YKT is a set of verifed common denominators which one can use as reference aids to further develop one's own lineage system.

He has taken time to do videos and posting. But his comments on all of wing chun is fairly preachy. His knowledge of other wing chun often appears to be derived from some friends and watching videos. But then he is not alone on this list on judging by watching videos- atleast in large part.-----------------j

everyone is free to inteprate what I do. and I am ok with that. when the mission is to safe the WC1850, there might be taken a preachy. not to mention I am not perfect but do everything I can with public minded to open the information to the public.

and disregard to how other view me, my agenda is simply it is all about educational introduction of the common denominators which exist in WC 1850, and verified with the rule of principle of TCMA internal cultivation.

as for knowledge, I stick with the law of physics, biology, chemistry, and what can be verifiable as in graduate study in the university.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-26-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Joy, as I talked about I would love if the WCK culture evolve into a University type of open learning culture. Thus, you are not hijacking, please feel free to comment and ask questions, because that is how We build up a new culture.
    And in this forum, you have a combination of this, along with monkeys throwing feces.

Thus, we capture the culture of the whole human race.

IMHO,

Sometimes we WCner might want to think on these things

in the past, people stand in the YJKYM and they can accumulate into their dan dien, can I do it?

always saw WCK inch power in the movies, can I do that? it is possible? how? what does it contribute in combat ? what advantage?

ancient WCK is a close body combat art, can I have handling when others using grappling and how can i get out?

ancient WCK is supposed to be healty and develop one's body to be strong, do I have a healthy body?

ancient WCK claim the practice of sam bai fut in the SLT as Neigong, what is it? how to do it? what can be expected?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-26-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Henrick

I think your approach to listing information is the problem, you don't know what these guys were doing in 1850, you can only guess at it from your experience of what you have learned.

You should word your stuff as, this is what I think they were saying in their writings based on Hendricks experences. Period, no wrong or right WC, just your guess from your practice.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Henrick

I think your approach to listing information is the problem, you don't know what these guys were doing in 1850, you can only guess at it from your experience of what you have learned.

You should word your stuff as, this is what I think they were saying in their writings based on Hendricks experences. Period, no wrong or right WC, just your guess from your practice.

Cheers
    1. There are evidence and various of ways, could verify what the ancetors were doing in 1850. in fact some ancestors like Yik Kam has passed down well preserve record and sets to be traced. No guessing needed.

2. It is not based on what Hendrik thinks or experience but the Chinese in 1850 culture across china across different internal martial art. No guessing job and not something based on my practiced. It is objectively verified with many ancient sources. Also, it has nothing to do with who is right or wrong , it is a presentation of existed art with evidence.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-26-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Hi Hendrik. I would like to offer an observation. I hope you reconcider at some point accepting some students. You have stated many times and many ways, that IYO most if not all of these stuffs cannot be transmitted by words,internet or mimic, rather only through 'baisai' with their sifu. If this is true, and you are the sole 'inheiritor' of these real VT, this maybe a dis service to the 'community'. In fact you may be dooming these domains of the style to extinction but for history books and old stale internet sites. You do have background in very tough fighting. Perhaps when you have more time. However, reminding people at every turn that it's a waste of time merely reading about and attempting to mimic or practice without a master completely trained in only exactly what is presented in print(you being the only master that knows it in exact contex and execution through inheiritance), can be seen as a bit of a catch 22 in my opinion.
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 06-26-2012 at 02:52 PM.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

And you see yourself as a professor ofcourse

What I consider Hijacking is those who's agenda is trolling and endless stress in figthing sport to interupt and disrupt the communication , mutual learning, and investigating WCK as a holistic art.
    What i consider trolling is someone using a public forum as his personal megaphone for his own agenda.

Go start your own group FFS and show us the result in a year!

And this is no "investigation", its you seeking attention

It is also violate my personal belive or the ancient chinese martial artists Wu De on boasting how good is one can fight....etc. I have no interest in tell others who can fight or what technics can penetrate what internal organs and how deep it can go....etc. Is those stuffs exist? yes, by evident. But that is not the point. the point here is to evolve the culture to a holistic Universitiy open learning type.
    Cop out

Saying that, as many who have seen me knows, I dont take student, I dont have school. I dont take a cents sharing WCK. I am just like a voluntee teacher who teaches in the university. and hope others make good use of the information to help others. People comes taking my class and that is the relationship. No cultural or tribal bondage but based on human conscience of mutual respect and open discussion.
    Cop out

I do have different agendas, and the number one is about education. what I lay out here is the common denominator of WC 1850 accross WCK lineages and not as much as Yik Kam lineage. i am using Yik Kam's teaching to present these common denominator, that is because I must speak with facture evidence with what I have in hand. if anyone has a solid WC 1850 treasure, I am encourge him to share with us. and I take it equal in position as what I inherit from Yik Kam.
    Amazing how you dont seem to attract fellow 1850 WCers

The name Yik Kam Transform is given because it is a Transform, an educational process to open up different boundaries. It is name Yik Kam to give credit to the contributor who makes things possible, similar to the achedemic we name something with some one's name. I can called it Hendrik Transform, because is my 30+ years of work. But I didnt because I am not the master but a research student.
    Its name is Yik Kam to give it crediblity.... youd call it Hendriks in a flash if you thought you could get away with it

In my view, if the WC 1850 is not break and recatagorized into five layers or anything to make it understandable now. we will loose the WC 1850 art, the WCK 1850 root accross the lineages. and I dont care if it is my way my lineage or my system, but is the wc 1850 version going to stay? not saying there do not possible exist a superior 2010 version of wc, but focus on WC1850.
    Ill say it slowly again......

Why dont you start your own group?

superficially it seems like standing loose, breathing naturally, Qi , fajin..... ect. In depth, this is something even 1/ten thousand propotion of Chinese cannot grasp. very obviously after 1850 opium war the chinese culture and tradition got disrupted. So, if we dont start doing something now, we WCner will have a difficulties in the future to recover the big picture.
    So its the opium wars fault now??

so, the agenda here, and I am not shy to tell, is we have to be educated to know what is it means in 1850 and I propose using the layer catagorization to seperate and conque to understand them. if others come up with a better solution, i am all supporting it.
    No you dont. This is your little project and the only people you acknowledge are people that agree with you

finally, it is not just that standing loose, quite mind, breathing naturally....etc. it is much much complex and deeper then those. It is not an art from Yik Kam I am presenting. I am presenting the elements of how the WC 1850 ancestors make things happen. Some might be similar as we are today do. some might be totally different.
    And youre the gate keeper arent you

1. He posts before proofreading and editing or getting help on editing-this makes for uneven and difficult communication. ------ J

True.
    I Try to post what I know and experience as much as possible. thus, I have an issue here. I think Matt is a great example to solve a big part of this issue via asking me questions to clearify what I am saying. and I like that.
    You like people that believe you.... who would have thought

4. Hendrik underestimates that there are lines of wing chun that are far more systematic and continuous in their development compared to what he has discussed or shown to be yik kam. --------------J

if you look at it with my presenting WC 1850 common denominators view. then there is no assumption and no underestimate and no contradiction on any lineages systematic or continuous flow. in fact, YKT is a set of verifed common denominators which one can use as reference aids to further develop one's own lineage system.

Prove it

He has taken time to do videos and posting. But his comments on all of wing chun is fairly preachy. His knowledge of other wing chun often appears to be derived from some friends and watching videos. But then he is not alone on this list on judging by watching videos- atleast in large part.-----------------j

everyone is free to inteprate what I do. and I am ok with that. when the mission is to safe the WC1850, there might be taken a preachy. not to mention I am not perfect but do everything I can with public minded to open the information to the public.

Heres an idea..... start your own group!!