Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The yik kam transform

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Great! Thanks!
    Hendrik, you are a gentleman. Though we may not agree on what is "fact", you have made a friend in Sydney.
    Last edited by imperialtaichi; 06-14-2012 at 06:22 AM.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

I disagree. This actually happended 2-3 decades ago when Wing Chun, a complete Chinese Martial Art, was turned into a sansau based 'scientific' kung fu style! Saying that, passed generations at least fought I guess, but the overall basic standard of the fighters was much less then too I suppose so Wing Chun stood its ground. Not so easy these days. ------------

Spencer,

IMHO,
    Unless one has the WCK shock pulse power one really doesn't have WCK.

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    Hendrik, you are a gentleman. Though we may not agree on what is "fact", you have made a friend in Sydney.
    John,

Thanks.

If you don't understand me, that doesn't make you an enermy.

There is a data point here you might want to check.
    Matt here know the very basic of YKT is similar to Wu Shrfu's Art . You might want to check what is Wu Shrfu's art .

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...&postcount=150

http://shaolinwugulun.wordpress.com/...-wu-nanfang-2/

And if YKT very basic is similar to Wu ShrFu arts basic, what is the mean in term of the class of the art.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-14-2012 at 06:40 AM.

Spencer,

IMHO,
    Unless one has the WCK shock pulse power one really doesn't have WCK.
    I agree Hendrik, but you also need more than just a shock pulse signature to be a rounded representation of Wing Chun. So much more IMHO.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I agree Hendrik, but you also need more than just a shock pulse signature to be a rounded representation of Wing Chun. So much more IMHO.
    Well, a BMW with a different type of engine is not a BMW . Disregard of how it races.

This is what I’ve been saying all along

Well, a BMW with a different type of engine is not a BMW . Disregard of how it races.
    Which means; sometimes we could teach an old dog a new trick. Same engine but different body/different engine same body………

Take care,

I see your point but I aint a car dude! I know that's hard to understand, but I aint a car and neither is Wing Chun. This 'engine' you are talking of that represents us is not the ONLY engine either. It's Yik Kams engine so it should be easy to 'show' if it still exists using Wing Chun methods rather than Hsing Yi or Bagua masters demonstrating something else.

So Yik Kam is a BMW. Ip Man is a Rolls Royce?
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I see your point but I aint a car dude! I know that's hard to understand, but I aint a car and neither is Wing Chun. This 'engine' you are talking of that represents us is not the ONLY engine either. It's Yik Kams engine so it should be easy to 'show' if it still exists using Wing Chun methods rather than Hsing Yi or Bagua masters demonstrating something else.

So Yik Kam is a BMW. Ip Man is a Rolls Royce?
    You know.
    If the Lee Shing family still doing WCK reserch On visiting different lineage.

May be now it is a good time the family zoom in to YKT.

YKT is an educational process of trackable wing Chun 1850 in today's language.

Not a business money making or ego boosting makerting product.

An information make public to share to preserve a part of wing Chun 1850 And Benifit people .

Since it is an educational process. It takes the University approach, anyone can study, investigate and master it with a clear standard and expectation.

Heaven and Earth

Hendirk

There’s nothing wrong with what you’re presenting, nothing at all. But everything I’ve said is tractable within a University approach as well.

And if one combined what we’re saying together in the sense of University approach, because that’s where I learned it, most would come to the same conclusion (Same thing but different method); like you said,

Last edited by Ali. R; 06-14-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    Hendirk

There’s nothing wrong with what you’re presenting, nothing at all. But everything I’ve said is tractable within a University approach as well.

And if one combined what we’re saying together in the sense of University approach, because that’s where I learned it, most would come to the same conclusion; like you said,
    Ali,

You are free to have your ideas.

Ali,

You are free to have your ideas.
    I wish they were my ideas and then I’ll write a book; but they’re not. And I feel the same way in what you’re presenting; but it’s nothing wrong with that.

It looks like this is just going around and around about how he is just describing "internal" kung fu, it can be any style.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    It looks like this is just going around and around about how he is just describing "internal" kung fu, it can be any style.

Cheers

Chinese Internal Martial arts has the general and particular keys elements.

The general keys elements is similar to the three basic of the physical layers.

The particular keys elements is such as is the weight is at the bubble spring area, the yang side, or the heel ect.

Every internal martial art has a uniqueness. Thus, they are different.

Every chinese internal art has to develop the body of the art first , and then using the develop body of the art to support the applications or martial applications.

Also, going direct to study some fix applications examples is called dead art in ancient china. These type of art doesn't not represent internal Chinese martial art, but a quick solution in the ancient china. That is to prepar the common people to guard thier village or tribe under urgent needs. That is a different deal compare to the professional martial art learning which goes for well rounded in depth development such as the Chen tai ji family.

One has to be clear on these facts.

YKT follows this tradition since it is a part of the Chinese internal art of 1850.

Thus, the first four layers of the 5 layers is for developing the body of the art.
    The fifth layer is the application of the art. And each layer has both the general and particular keys elements.

As another example, with in the physical layer , after the six bow is activated, the physical layer snake engine is then activated in sequence.

For traditional Chinese internal art such as wing Chun 1850, unless one is clear in a certain degree on the body of the art, it's strength and weakness, jumping into the applications is impractical for a full rounded ancient internal art development.

Again, as said above,

it is also a common practice in china to train the common people a certain fix fighting applications to such as the common villagers for the purpose of guarding their village at emergency , or such as the followers of a group in the uprising.

This type of practice is a different type compare with the professional internal martial art development.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-14-2012 at 12:50 PM.

One thing I can say is; Hendrik isn’t one to let facts get in the way of a good Narrative.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 06-14-2012 at 12:37 PM.