Thread: The yik kam transform

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by nasmedicine View Post
    Exactly, I think some people might be feel threatened by your presentation of the five layers because for them it's such a foreign concept from what they are normally used to especially when training WC. IMHO, the five layers is not reinventing the wheels but rater provides and excellent schematic for understanding the full functionality/utilization of the wheel. It's a nice package for something that would otherwise become disorganized and lost if not presented this systematic fashion. In any case I have said what I need to say for now. You have clearly written everything that can possibly written about the YK transform for those who are truly seeking.

- Nirav

I am in my 50s now. we dont live forever, I have spend 30+ years in trying to figure out what the heck is going on. so, it is my believe that if I dont want these things to be lost, I need to release it without reservation. at some point of our life we need to do something to contribute to the public.

not to mention, all what I am present doesnt belongs to me but the red boat WCK ancestors. It will be very selfish if I dont present it openly.

my personal view is that, WCK needs to adapt to the five layers or equavalent systematic teaching. otherwise WCK does not have a bright future but get limited in the very tribal type of thinking and teaching. As we know, none of those tribal type of thinking and teaching will survive evolution and new technology.

Like everything in the history, people always get short because of bringing up new ideas and concept. so, that is expected by me. also, i dont blame people for those because we ourselve will also did those stuffs, if we are in a different position. it is not the people it is the situation and position.

No one needs to like the Yik Kam transform and I do not expect every one to like it. However, I do want to say that, if you dont like it, create your own. but make very sure you have all based covered. because the technology in martial art is going to get more and more high tech. a style can get obsolete over night. and I dont want to see any WCK lineage fade away.

also, I dont use those fuzzy term Qigong....etc. but very specific details term. that is because everything said needs to be able to implemented and pragmatic.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-10-2012 at 09:27 PM.