Thread: The yik kam transform

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    J
    I disagree. This actually happended 2-3 decades ago when Wing Chun, a complete Chinese Martial Art, was turned into a sansau based 'scientific' kung fu style!
    Whoops, Dr. Leung Jaan introduced the Sansik/Sansau back in the 1800's. I believe it's in you lineage too, right? And it was very scientific!

If you want to discuss this, start another thread. Let's not derail Hendrik's thread.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    Whoops, Dr. Leung Jaan introduced the Sansik/Sansau back in the 1800's. I believe it's in you lineage too, right? And it was very scientific!

If you want to discuss this, start another thread. Let's not derail Hendrik's thread.
    Not that I want to get into it here but I will say this... Far too much is emphasis is put on Leung Jans 'Kulo period' which was at the end of his martial art life, his retirement methods so to speak. It should be understood that he did not teach his 12 hands throughout, just at the end, so it shouldn't be concentrated on so much IMHO unless you just want a 'quick fix'. Great for that, not so great for getting a complete picture of Wing Chun like Ip Mans curriculums IMHO.

And yes, some in the Lee family have these methods but they too are far older (from an earlier generation) than the current trends, and so are different again.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術