Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rush Hour 4

confirmed?

The Wait is Over – Jackie Chan Confirms Rush Hour 4 Movie is Coming
    By Jackfroot - October 2, 2017

The legendary Kung Fu actor, Jackie Chan, recently made a visit to the Bay Area, with a pitstop at Google in Mountain View, followed by the San Francisco Chronicle.

While at the SF Chronicle, Chan did a brief live Facebook video interview with Peter Hartlaub, a Chronicle Pop Culture Critic.

One Facebook live viewer asked Jackie Chan if there would be another Rush Hour movie. Chan confirmed to the fan that the script will be done next year and that he will be meeting with the Director and Chris Tucker to go over further details within the week.

Further, in the interview, Chan discusses some of the early struggles he faced in acting due to the difficulties of learning English. When he wasn’t filming in the US, he continued his acting career in Asia, where he did many other successful films like ‘Rumble in the Bronx’.

Jackie Chan then details his current ambitions of becoming a Producer. Last but not least, he finishes with a mention of his upcoming film, The Foreigner, which releases in America on October 13th.

Check out the live interview:
    Chronicle Live: Jackie Chan

Even though almost a decade has spanned between the release of the first Rush Hour and the third one, fans are still asking for a fourth sequel! Articles from Complex dating back to 2014 have been anticipating a sequel for years, as well as fans on Social Media:

Follow
    Krillin @KofiJ_20
    Nothing would make me more happier than a Rush Hour 4 movie
    1:58 AM - Aug 25, 2017
    Replies 1 1 Retweet 2 2 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    We hope this movie will be what everyone’s been waiting for with the same mixture of kung-fu action and comedy that we’ve all come to love because, frankly, who doesn’t love a Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker combo?
    Sad I missed Jackie when he came through.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

As if Chris Tucker is going to bail on this...

WHERE IS CHRIS TUCKER? JACKIE CHAN NEEDS HIM FOR 'RUSH HOUR 4' (AND SO DO WE)
    BY JANICE WILLIAMS ON 10/6/17 AT 9:39 AM

Ten years have passed since we last saw detectives Young Lee and James Carter taking down the Chinese mafia on the big screen in the Rush Hour franchise. Now, Jackie Chan, who played Lee in the first three movies, is calling on Chris Tucker, his screen partner, to agree to Rush Hour 4.

In an interview with Power 106’s The Cruz Show Wednesday, Chan revealed that there was indeed a Rush Hour 4 in the works. But there is one problem: Tucker has not yet signed on.

“[It’s coming] next year,” Chan said. “For the last seven years, we’ve been turning down the script, turning down the script. Yesterday, we just agreed.”

Although Chan seemed excited to finally have another Rush Hour in the works, he made it clear that if Tucker wasn’t involved, he wouldn’t be either.

“Next year [we’ll] probably start—If Chris Tucker agrees,” he said. “It’s not about money! It’s about [having] time to make. I tell Chris Tucker, ‘Before we get old, please do Rush Hour 4.’”

Despite being 64 years old, Chan does not believe he or his 46-year-old castmate are too old to create another action-packed film. “Rush Hour you can do anytime,” he said.

In their last outing, 2007's Rush Hour 3, the partners were causing mischief in Paris during a mission to find an infamous mob boss. In Rush Hour 2 (2001), they were causing trouble in Lee’s native Hong Kong after an explosion at the U.S. embassy killed two Customs agents. And before that, when the unconventional duo was first teamed together, they were tearing up the streets of L.A. to find a Chinese diplomat's daughter who had been kidnapped.

Jackie Chan (left) and Chris Tucker at the 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party at the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts in Beverly Hills, California, on February 26.
    PASCAL LE SEGRETAIN/GETTY IMAGES

Tucker, once one of the highest-paid actors in Hollywood, has kept a low profile in recent years. With the buddy-cop franchise and the classic Friday under his belt, the former Def Comedy Jam icon seems to enjoy staying out of the spotlight, appearing on screen occasionally in small roles like Danny in 2012’s Silver Linings Playbook. In 2015, he re-emerged briefly for his own stand-up special on Netflix.

During an interview with the Los Angeles Times ahead of his Chris Tucker Live Netflix special, the actor said he’s still been hard at work.

“I went back to my roots,” Tucker said. "Having a lot of fun. It's been great doing what I wanted to do. I never stop working. I'm always on the road, honing my craft. I'm touring around the world: Australia, the Middle East, Asia, Malaysia, Singapore.”

He added, “There were also the charitable things when I wasn't filming. I got to travel with Bill Clinton through Africa, which was an incredible experience. You get this success and other people invite you to do things and take these trips. I'm glad I said, 'I'm going to Africa and learn what's going on in the world.' It shaped me as a person and shaped my life going forward.”

If Tucker was to join the Rush Hour 4 cast, it would be his first time in a leading role since Rush Hour 3.
    It amuses me how much the media go nuts for this sequel. Of all the Jackie films...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Agreed? "We" as in the royal "We" or does he mean Tucker too?

Why has Jackie's Foreigner press appearances become all about Rush Hour 4?

Jackie Chan Teases ‘Rush Hour 4’: “We Just Agreed”
    by Erik Pedersen
    October 6, 2017 7:36am

New Line Cinema

“Which one of y’all kicked me?” Hard to believe it’s been nearly 20 years since LAPD Detective James Carter took a boot to the face from that unknown assailant in Rush Hour. Now it sounds like Chris Tucker’s manic character might be reunited with Jackie Chan’s Hong Kong Detective Inspector Lee for a fourth adventure in the East-beats-West series.

New Line Cinema

Chan gave a radio interview Thursday in which he teased that a Rush Hour 4 in very much in the works — the first misadventure in the series since 2007. “For the last seven years, we’ve been turning down the script, turning down the script,” Chan told L.A. outlet Power 106’s The Cruz Show. “Yesterday, we just agreed.”

Chan, who was on the air promoting his newest film, STX’s October 13 opener The Foreigner with Pierce Brosnan, also said: “The script probably at the end of this month will have a second draft, and next year, probably [we will] start. I hope — if Chris Tucker agrees.”

The original Rush Hour grossed $244 million worldwide for New Line Cinema and cemented the Hong Kong-born Chan as an English-language action star, after he had broken through in the U.S. with 1994’s Rumble in the Bronx. Its success led to his pairing with Owen Wilson for 2000’s Shanghai Noon, which spawned a sequel two years later. The buddy-cop action-comedy Rush Hour series with Tucker continued with Rush Hour 2 ($347M WW in 2001) and Rush Hour 3 ($258M, 2007). Brett Ratner directed all three.

Video of the full 14-minute interview is above; the Rush Hour talk starts at 2:20.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Kill Tucker

More Rush Hour 4 buzz from Jackie's Foreigner press appearances but this one is hilarious - of course Tucker is going to do it - Tucker would pay to do it now.

Jackie Chan hypes up Rush Hour 4, threatens to kill off Chris Tucker to make it happen
    BY SHANGHAIIST IN NEWS ON OCT 11, 2017 8:30 PM

It's been ten years since the last Rush Hour movie opened in theaters to the universal disgust of critics but relative enthusiasm from moviegoers, making $258 million at the box office. Now, Jackie Chan is looking to get the band back together for a sequel.
    The 63-year-old actor and self-defense instructor tried to stir up some hype for Rush Hour 4 during an appearance yesterday on the Today Show to promote his latest martial arts flick, The Foreigner. During that broadcast, and another appearance following it on Live with Kelly and Ryan, Chan repeatedly tried to bully his former co-star Chris Tucker into signing onto a sequel, threatening that if he does not, the new movie will open with his funeral.
    "If you're not going to do it, the beginning of the movie: funeral, he died," Chan said. "His son take over."

Chan first teased Rush Hour 4 in a radio interview last Thursday, saying that he had already agreed to a script and was just waiting for his partner-in-crime-fighting to sign on as well.
    "For the last seven years we've been turning down the script, turning down the script... yesterday we just agreed. Probably end of this month they'll have a second draft. Next year, they'll probably start, I hope -- if Chris Tucker agrees," Chan said.
    In the first Rush Hour film, Chan played a dedicated Hong Kong detective who is teamed up with a loud, over-the-top LAPD detective, played by Tucker, and tasked with rescuing the Chinese consul's kidnapped daughter. The premise made for a bearable action-comedy that was even somewhat enjoyable at points. However, not so much for the sequels, which stretched the premise thin and repeated gags and jokes from the first movie with limited success. There is likely little hope that a fourth movie would help to redeem the series.

A decade ago, Chan also blamed his buddy Tucker with delaying Rush Hour 3, which took six long years to come out. Since the turn of the century, Tucker has only acted in four movies: Rush Hour 2, Rush Hour 3, Silver Linings Playbook and Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk.
    By Máté Mohos
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

More rumors

Rush Hour 4 is happening as Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan reunite
    Claire Rutter
    Thursday 22 Feb 2018 11:00 am

Rush Hour 4 is in the making guys (Picture: Moviestore/REX/Shutterstock)

Chris Tucker has confirmed that they’ve finally got a script for Rush Hour 4 that they are happy with. Jackie Chan had previously confirmed that he had agreed to star in the project while speaking on The Cruz Show, but nothing materialised. Now, Chris has confirmed that the movie is on its way and he hopes it’ll be the best ever. Speaking on ESPN’s podcast, The Plug, he confirmed that Rush Hour 4 will be hitting cinemas. ‘It’s happening. This is gonna be the rush of all rushes. Jackie is ready and we want to do this so that people don’t ever forget it,’ he said. Last year Chan said: ‘For the last seven years, we’ve been turn[ing] down. turn[ing] down the script. But yesterday we agreed.’

Terri Foster-Brasby
    ‏Verified account
    @SheKnowsSports_
    Follow Follow @SheKnowsSports_
    More
    BREAKING NEWS: @christuckerreal confirms on #ThePlugESPN that Rush Hour 4 is happening and in the works saying, “It will be the rush of all rushes.” 🎧 NOW http//:http://es.pn/2EYhrxt #BreakingNews #RushHour4 #TheUndefeated
    0:521,753 views
    11:37 AM - 21 Feb 2018 from Connecticut, USA
    Forgive my skepticism (we all gotta be skeptical nowadays because who knows when we're reading posts from Russian bots) but I'll believe this when it gets reported by the trade journals.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

a female reboot

wait....what?
    EXCLUSIVE: STX Studios: Female ‘RUSH HOUR’ Reboot in the Works
    Skyler Shuler March 5, 2019

Female centric reboots are becoming the big thing. We have already seen Ghostbusters, Ocean’s 8, and What Men Want. A female-centric 21 Jump Street is also in the works, but that’s not the only buddy-cop franchise getting the female reboot treatment.

We have learned that STX studios are in early development on a female-centric reboot of the popular action comedy Rush Hour.

Details on the series are being kept under-wraps at this time. However, we have learned that the studio has offered one of the leading roles to The Meg star Bingbing Li, in the Jackie Chan role. No details to who would star opposite Li.

It is not known at this time if the long-awaited Rush Hour 4 will still happen. Back in January, The films co-star Chris Tucker shared an update on the project.

“We’re working on a few things on the script right now, so we’re trying to get into production, but we’re working on it and trying to get it going. Jackie Chan wants to do it, I want to do it, the studio wants to do it, so we’re trying to get it together. I was definitely down as long as it comes together right – and it looks like it’s coming together right.”
    The three previous Rush Hour films were a success at the box office. Grossing a combined $850 million at the worldwide box office. In 2016, CBS took Rush Hour to the small screen with Justin Hires and Jon Foo in the respective roles made famous by Tucker and Chan. The series was cancelled after one season.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

More from Tucker

Tucker is dying to make this happen.

Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan Hint At Potential Rush Hour 4
    BY GRANT HERMANNS ON APRIL 8, 2019

Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan hint at potential Rush Hour 4

Fans have been anxiously waiting for James Carter and Yang Lee to reunite on the big screen for another action-packed adventure and after years of discussions and hints, stars Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan have reunited in a seeming tease for Rush Hour 4.

The 47-year-old actor took to Instagram this morning with a photo showing his reunion with his 65-year-old co-star and, while no caption was featured with the photo, the two were seen arms around each other and holding up the number four, creating a huge debate as to if the film is finally coming to fruition.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Ctuckerworld (@christucker) on Apr 7, 2019 at 10:02am PDT
    Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker started making audiences laugh with the films back in 1998. We got our second film in 2001 and the third in 2007, with the first three films grossing $850.6 million at the worldwide box office. There were rumblings about Rush Hour 4 back in 2012, but it came to nothing. Last year, Jackie Chan spoke about a possible fourth installment, saying that it’s likely to happen.

“For the last seven years, we’ve been turning down the script, turning down the script,” Chan told Power 106 Los Angeles. “Yesterday, we just agreed… the script, probably end of this month. They’re on the second draft. Next year, probably start. I hope. If Chris Tucker agrees.” He also said, “It’s not about money. It’s about time to make, otherwise… Rush Hour 4, we’re all like old men! Before we get old. I tell Chris Tucker, before we get old, please, do Rush Hour 4!”

Should a fourth Rush Hour go forward, it will likely be with a new filmmaker behind the camera, as original trilogy director Brett Ratner is facing numerous allegations of sexual harassment and has severed ties with Warner Bros., the parent company behind the franchise’s studio New Line Cinema.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

false

From Jackie's official site:

“We have noticed that false information that Mr. Chan would act in the motion pictures Rush Hour 4 and The Karate Kid 2 is spreading through multiple social media platforms, and that certain apparently infringing parties have misappropriated the personal WeChat and email accounts of Mr. Esmond Rend, a motion picture industry professional, to release false information concerning the hiring of the crew, casting, audition and other matters in connection with the pictures Rush Hour 4 and The Karate Kid 2,

“With respect to the above information, on behalf of Mr. Chan, we hereby declare that any and all such information, as spread by such infringers, relating to Mr. Chan providing or about to provide acting services in the motion pictures Rush Hour 4 and The Karate Kid 2 is false.

“Any relevant information released by any infringer through appropriating the personal WeChat and email accounts of Mr. Esmond Ren is false, and Mr. Chan does not have anything to do with such released information or the content thereof.”
    THREADS
    Rush Hour 4
    The Karate Kid II
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Again...

He just says this now to grab headlines because he knows that it's the only movie the press can remember...

Jackie Chan Says ‘Rush Hour 4’ Is In The Works And Teases Drama Film He Has Directed “For Women” — Red Sea Film Festival
    By Zac Ntim
    International Reporter
    @ZacharyNtim

December 8, 2022 6:32am

Jackie Chan.
    Photo by VCG/VCG via Getty Images.
    Jackie Chan made a rare on-stage appearance at the Red Sea Film Festival Thursday, where he told fans that he is currently in talks to make a fourth Rush Hour movie.

“We’re talking about part 4 right now,” he told the festival crowd, adding that he was going to meet with the film’s director this evening to discuss the script. He did not identify said director, but American filmmaker Brett Ratner directed all three previous versions.

Ratner hasn’t directed a film since 2014. In November 2017, seven women, including actresses Olivia Munn and Natasha Henstridge, accused the filmmaker of sexual harassment and misconduct, causing Warner Bros. to sever all ties with the producer-director with whom they had a lucrative deal.

Chan starred in three Rush Hour films between 1998 and 2007 alongside comedian and actor Chris Tucker. The franchise follows a Hong Kong detective inspector who forms an unlikely relationship with a loudmouthed LAPD officer to solve a series of international crimes.

The original Rush Hour grossed $244 million worldwide for New Line Cinema and cemented the Hong Kong-born Chan as an English-language action star. However, Chan said that he expected the film to bomb at the box office, and he had planned to quit Hollywood for good due to the lack of interesting roles he had been receiving.

“I tried so many times to go to Hollywood, but after that, I said no more Hollywood because my English is not good, they’re not my culture, they don’t like this kind of action,” he said.

Chan said he only received scripts about East Asian detectives in America, but he was keen to expand his creative endeavors when the script for Rush Hour passed his desk.

“My manager said look, there’s a script, and it’s called Rush Hour. I said no, Hong Kong police? I’m not going to do it. He said Jackie, why don’t you try last time. I said okay, this is the last time.”

After the first film was released, Chan said he received a call from Ratner and Tucker, who said, “Dude, we’re a huge success. We’re 70 million in the first weekend.”

“For me, I don’t have a count of what 70 million is. I don’t know the box office. I just know its certainly a success. And then they made part 2 and part 3,” he added.

Later during the keynote, Chan spoke about his start in the movie business as a stuntman for Bruce Lee, who he said took a liking to him on the set of Fist of Fury and would often cast him in overtime shifts so that he could clock extra pay from the production.

Chan also told the audience that 2022 marks his 60th anniversary in the film business.

However, despite his long and successful career as an action star, Chan told the festival crowd that he plans on making “less action stories, more love stories” in the future, and he is currently prepping a project which he described as a “drama film for women.”

“I hope very soon it can release here,” he told the audience. “It’s a drama film. And it’s made for women. I hope one day you can see it.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips