Trailer 24.04.2012 四大名捕 先行版预告片

Wuxia Drama "The Four" Slated for Release in July
2012-04-25 17:05:48 Chinese Films

Director Gordon Chan and Wang Changtian, CEO of Enlight Media, along with lead actors Deng Chao, Liu Yifei, Jiang Yiyan, Cheng Taishen, Bao Beier and Japanese actor Ryu Kohata, attended the event. [Photo: Mtime.com]

"The Four", produced by Enlight Media and considered one of the most highly-anticipated wuxia films in 2012, held a news conference in Beijing yesterday, Mtime.com reports.

Director Gordon Chan and Wang Changtian, CEO of Enlight Media, along with lead actors Deng Chao, Liu Yifei, Jiang Yiyan, Cheng Taishen, Bao Beier and Japanese actor Ryu Kohata, attended the event.

The first trailer for the film was unveiled, and it gave a glimpse of the four detectives' special skills.

Co-directed by Gordon Chan and Janet Chun and adapted from Wen Ruian's famous novel of the same name, "The Four" is Gordon Chan's first wuxia drama. His previous works such as "King of Beggars" and "Cat and Mouse" involved some wuxia elements, but this was obviously overshadowed by their comedic elements.

"I never shoot real wuxia films. In this field, my best teacher was Tsui Hark, and I don't dare get involved in this casually. I hope my teacher is able to see my efforts in this film," Chan said.

Wang Changtian, CEO of Enlight Media, and Gordon Chan announced together at the end of the conference that "The Four" is set to hit mainland screens on during the summer holiday slots on July 12, going up against Lu Chuan's costume war epic "The Last Supper" set to release on July 5.

Wang also stated that "The Four" is set to develop into a trilogy.

"I am crazy about wuxia. In negotiations with the novel's author, Wen Ruian, we intended to shoot a trilogy. As a result, the second and the third installments have started shooting before the first one's release."

By Liu Shuai
Been wondering when we might see Crystal Liu in another wuxia.