Thread: FTC vs. UFC - Monopoly Investigation Coming

Threaded View

Every decision has a cost.

A fighter can take a pay cut fighting for the UFC, for sure. But when he blows up, he blows up big and continues to make good purses on a regular basis. He also gets promotions and side-deals. Nevermind what these fighters make monetary-wise when they set up their own MMA "thinktanks" and call them schools/teams. These guys are literally pouring their sweat and blood into creating one of the most effect martial arts curriculums in existence. These guys don't teach because they cannot "do." They can "can" and they do "do."

Too many regulations will KILL the sport. You'll get congressmen and commissioners trying to set standards for martial arts--that is, you'll get the usual TMA BS. MMA in many states has had to fight Uncle Sam just to legalize the sport, for Christ's sake! Why would anyone want to bring those useless lumps of trash back into the equation?

Try your luck with another company/league. You won't get the repeat purses and media blowup.

And as we all know, fighters love personal recognition.

Troll the forums for awhile, and you'll see how people pimp their lineages.

**I admit, I'm biased. I'm a free-market anarchist like Lao-Tzu. I'm not into the Shaolin style of surivival (kowtow to Dear Leader, comply with regulations, always back down, sacrifice tradition to the party line)...LOL.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 02-19-2012 at 03:13 PM.