Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
Did I not give them enough credit for Cricket??? LOL Clearly I'm mistaken and dense...maybe you could shed some light on India's athletic prowess on the international stage on any other sport. I'm well aware of India's historical connections with Yoga and martial arts again, last time I checked yoga was not a competitive sport and maybe you could point out some famous Indian athletes what sports they've won renown in?

I'm not trying to disrespect my Indian brothers...I'd love to see them succeed in any sporting endeavor...but they suck at the olympic competition, most team sports (aside from cricket apparently), golf, soccer, tennis etc. I have yet to hear of any Indian Martial arts champions be it boxing, wrestling, full contact fighting whatever.

When you mention the word India-let me know the first sport that comes to people's minds when you associate the two. Oh yeah...I forgot Cricket. Have I made my point.

Frost the only one sh*tting you, is yourself, you ought to chill out and get over yourself a little bit Princess.
princess, LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t

they s*ck at the OL games because they dont care about it, you dont get it do you not everyone cares about the OL games, just like they dont care about american football, or baseball cricket is the second biggest sport in the world after football and they are very competitive in that. Tennis, polo, weight lifting and golf are four other sports you can associate with India and they have had people do well in those sports on an individual basis, now unlike other countries they dont have the finances to throw around to have full time athletic teams sponsored by the state, but just because they dont compete on the world stage doesn't mean they dont do those sports, and since its a country of 1 billion im sure they get enough competition in house and dont need to go abroad

IF you have ever been to the country, met the people from it or got you head out of your b*tt long enough to read a book on the country you would know they are known for their athletic ability in the areas they find important, cricket, wrestling being two, not those the west or you think of as important

you have made your point you are right ...just probably not the one you are thinking about