Thread: Ninja Kids!!! 2 忍たま乱太郎 夏休み宿題大作戦!の段

Ninja Kids!!! 2 忍たま乱太郎 夏休み宿題大作戦!の段

A sequel. And I still haven't seen Ninja Kids 1....
    Oshin, Ninja Kids revived at Sedic Int
    By Patrick Frater
    Thu, 14 February 2013, 08:30 AM (HKT)

Production gets underway tomorrow (Fri 15 Feb) on Oshin おしん, a big screen retelling of Japan's most successful TV series.

Newcomer HAMADA Kokone 浜田ここね (pictured) has been confirmed in the title role as Oshin, a little girl who in 1907 is traded by her natural family and is sent to live with a merchant family. The film tracks her life story and its many ups and downs. UETO Aya 上戸彩 will play the mother, while IZUMI Pinko 泉ピン子 and KOBAYASHI Ayako 小林綾子 (the original Oshin) return from the original TV series.

The film is directed by TOGASHI Shin 冨樫森 with production by Departures おくりびと (2008) and Thirteen Assassins 十三人の刺客 (2010) producer NAKAZAWA Toshiaki 中沢敏明.

Principal photography will run to the end of March, with a wide theatrical release set for October through Toei Company Ltd 東映. International sales are handled by Sedic International Inc セディックインターナショナル.

The original TV series was produced by NHK and ran as 300 15-minute episodes between 1983 and 1984. It was licensed in over 60 territories and was partially retold as an anime film in 1984, produced by Hello Kitty licensor Sanrio.

Sedic is also finalising Ninja Kids!!! 2 忍たま乱太郎 夏休み宿題大作戦!の段, a sequel to Ninja Kids!!! 忍たま乱太郎 (2011). Where the previous film was directed by MIIKE Takashi 三池崇史, the new episode is directed by experienced TV director TASAKI Ryuta 田崎竜太. Toei will release it in July.

Nakazawa is also producing I am Ichihashi: Journal of a Murderer I am Ichihashi~逮捕されるまで~, a drama based on real events about a Japanese man who went on the run for two and a half years after murdering a British woman teacher. Taiwan-based actor Dean FUJIOKA 藤岡靛 directs himself as a film-maker researching the crime and its aftermath. Release in Japan is pencilled in for November.

Sedic expects to give both Ninja Kids!!! 2 and I am Ichihashi market screenings at next month's Hong Kong FilMart.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Well I definitely need to check out the first one, this sounds pretty interesting.