Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Knight Rises

Hi TenTigers,

That is definitely Lee Meriwether.

Newmar's relpacement was so seamless, hardly anybody noticed. Lee made Newmar look like an anorexic version of herself. The was similarly done with the actors who played Darren in the show "Bewitched". It was hard to tell the difference between the two.

mickey

Lee, is it?

Know your catwomen.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene and TenTigers,

I stand corrected (kneels, raises arms up, and bows down).

mickey

I got to met Julie Newmar a few years back. A very dignified lady who considers her role as catwoman an acting honor. She also did a hilarious imitation of Michelle Pfieffer's catwoman.

But we would be remiss to not mention Eartha Kitt

who played the role after Julie Newmar. She was replace with Lee Meriwether for the BATMAN movie when she spoke out against the Vietnam war AT A WHITE HOUSE LUNCHEON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eartha Kitt
    "You send the best of this country off to be shot and maimed. No wonder the kids rebel and take pot. The children of America are not rebelling for no reason. They are not hippies for no reason at all. We don’t have what we have on Sunset Blvd. for no reason. They are rebelling against something. There are so many things burning the people of this country, particularly mothers. They feel they are going to raise sons—and I know what it’s like, and you have children of your own, Mrs. Johnson—we raise children and send them to war.”
    As for Selina Kyle's Origin, some interesting tid-bits:
    As an orphan girl she survived an attempt on her life that involved her being trapped in a bag and thrown into a river.
    Returning to the orphanage she steals all records of her existence but leaves behind enough evidence to have the orphanage shut down and its managers arrested.

From there she spends time on the streets until BATMAN: Year One. Her catwoman antics allow her to buy her way into high society as Selina Kyle.

Speaking of Julie Newmar...

"She's going to be marvelous," Newmar said, even as I questioned Hathaway's sex appeal. Now Newmar, she understood sex appeal. She made her own Catwoman costume, and was especially keen to have the belt at her hips, instead of her waist, to highlight her hourglass figure, she said. (The costume is now in the Smithsonian Institute).

Told ya!

Follow DS's link.

Julie = Catwoman.

Looks like she has a new book coming out. Check out her official site.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Just in: BATMAN's ass Kicked.

And we thought Gotham City was tough, who knew the Dark Knight would face defeat in the City of Sin; Las Vegas.

LMAO !!!
    Only in Vegas !!!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

so what you're saying is that for training we should don the cape and cowl and head to down town las vegas?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    so what you're saying is that for training we should don the cape and cowl and head to down town las vegas?
    I wouldn't presume to offer advice on anyone's training. But if you do this, make sure Robin is filming.

hmmm, i forgot about lil robin...ill make cat woman film cuz robin has to take the brunt of the damage so i can look good cleaning up his mess.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

In related news

batman-arrested-on-roof-in-michigan

Posted so I can repost this from the comments section. . .

Hahahahahahahah

Slightly OT

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Bane