Just had an MRI, which shows a herniated disc at C6 (Yellow Arrow) pressing into my spinal column. I also have a bone spur at C5 (Red Arrow), and two other discs that are compressed and slightly extruded at C3 and C4 (Blue Arrows).

The C5 bone spur was likely from a football injury as a kid, which has caused me headaches and stiff necks/shoulders since I was 15 or so. I had an MRI done in 1999 to diagnose this issue. The slightly protruded discs at C3 and C4 are probably a side effect of this injury, as well, though they did not show in the original MRI from 1999.

The C6 herniation, in all likelihood, was caused from my training. I've taken a few hard falls over the years, and had my neck cranked just about every way imaginable.
But I have no idea when it occured, or if it was something that just progressed over time, because I have no symptoms other than the normal neck pain associated with the C5 bone spur.

Regardless of treatment, I've been told by two orthos that I need to quit sparring/rolling. I'm still running classes, but I can only drill lightly. I'm currently researching my treatment options, but at 39, even with surgery, I don't think it's worth trying to get back into fighting shape.