Thread: Wu Dang

Hybrid View

I enjoyed the movie. I saw it on YouTube.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

HH Review-The voice of reason

Think Indiana Jones meets Shaw Bros. The protagonists are in search of an ancient magical sword and items from the Tang dynasty using a treasure map. I was hoping for some more scenery around Wudang and perhaps some discussion of Daoist thought. Those were all superficial covered as to be expected, more of teenage orientated audience from my perspective.

Some decent martial sequences and a few not so much. The version I saw had poor English subtitles...definitely some lost in translation moments. Gene covered the storyline but a couple of great highlights for me:

1)When they arrive at Wudang, the head Daoist priest apparently is found dead, shortly there after only to find out he was actually just 'hibernating' and he gets right up after being found face down not breathing in the temple.

2)The young Daoist acolyte has brought his paraplegic mother to Wudang, I guess it has curative powers??? Anyway the once dead/hibernating priest cures his mom (not sure how) so the Acolyte can participate in the kung fu tournament. Its hilarious, the Mom after being paralyzed for years gets up and starts walking.

An odd story line. I completely agree with Gene about the crappy CGI effects...that's where they were channeling the Shaw Bros.

I give it 5 Bawangs out of 10.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Just watched it.

Nothing especially special, but an entertaining fantasy nonetheless, and the Indiana Jones vibe was something a bit fresh anyway.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.