I just finished it and I have to say that it was one of the better books that I've read recently, textbooks notwithstanding. Anyways, I started reading it after my finals were over, and it was really entertaining. Honestly, I found Matthew just as relate-able in this book as I did in American Shaolin. Like Matthew I spent 2 years of my early twenties in a Buddhist monastery (not Shaolin, though) and found certain aspects that reminded me of my time there.

As I enter my thirties, I have recently married and found it entertaining to read Matthew's adventures in getting married himself, as well as getting engaged. Matthew describes things that happen in a light and witty that made me laugh and wake up my wife while she was sleeping.

While your predominant hardcore MMA fans who are into big trucks, tattoos, and drinking Monster energy drinks will probably not find it so interesting; those of us martial arts geeks will find it enjoyable and light read especially when you're wife wants you to stop bugging her about training.

I highly recommend this autobiographical presentation of MMA training, as it gives a close personal touch to some of the well-known names in the MMA world, and especially the UFC. I hope this gets a big plug from the likes Randy Couture, Joe Rogan, and Dana White (hallowed be his name ).