Thread: Anyone else ever play Shenmue?

Anyone else ever play Shenmue?

I'm just curious. A coworker of mine brought it up a few minutes ago.

I used to be frickin' obsessed with that game. And the second one. What sucks is there was supposed to be one more game that finished out the series, but it was cancelled.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    I'm just curious. A coworker of mine brought it up a few minutes ago.

I used to be frickin' obsessed with that game. And the second one. What sucks is there was supposed to be one more game that finished out the series, but it was cancelled.
    I loved that game!

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    I loved that game!
    Actually, I just googled Shenmue 3 and it seems to have turned up quite a few results.

Looks like there's rumors of a PS3 release, perhaps. I can't visit gaming websites at work so i'm not sure what it says.

Btw, was there ever any actual reason to master his moves? I'm pretty sure I only mastered his jab or something because it took FOREVER.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

im saving my money for SPECE MERINE

i am war

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT0EghvDK_c
    Last edited by bawang; 08-25-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

i did play both of the shenmue, i read taht the 3rd project was cancelled and not looking like it will ever happen, but that i read last year.

i download the demo of space marine but too busy to try it out yet, maybe today or tomorrow.

i think shenmue, mostly shenmue 2 was one of the best games, because you get to learn martial arts and have your own style really. and you can race with forklift and fight gangsters.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

i think you just learn the different moves to look bad ass when you fight the gangsters. i seem to remember at first i didnt understand it but then there was a trick to getting the training times or something to learn moves faster, but it has been so long.

forklift racing was fun

and the arcade play space harrier old old game.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

do u guys have steam

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

this is actually not off topic..

its martial arts in popular media...and yea that game was awesome..never played the second part thou.

the second one was pretty much the same just with more up to date graphics and more involvement.

i only have xbox360 now.