Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: White Crane & Hung Ga

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    Hendrick,

It's best and good practice to cite the source of the items you are re-publishing here.

Could you give an actual reference to which "Fujian WC books" you have taken this from and the author/publisher of same???

As I have cite the name of the ancient book in the previous post of mine.
    <白鶴仙師祖傳真法> which you some how didnt see.
    you can start with that.

since you are a Minghe guy, show my posts' writing to your contact in China I am sure they will be able to point you to the proper direction. it is just a common WC writting for Fujin WC practioner passed down by the ancestors. I would not go into details and long story here.

or even those who knows Dr. Yang, Jwing Ming. Show it to him and he will sure be able to help giving direction.

For me, discussing Fujian WC got to go to this root level.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-20-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Rik, we weren’t worthy of a response, because we are huhng men.

I got some Fujian Crane Kung Fu books in Chinese for sale that I got from Hong Kong from CS Tang 1 is from a Sifu NG Hong a rare private book .

Blog Entries
    hung men for life!
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

TenTigers wrote:

Well, since no one is mentioning the elephant in the room, I guess it's, up to me:
    Hendrick,and anyone else who insist on posting text in Hanzi-Without providing the translation, KNOCK IT OFF!
    Realize this: What you are doing is (besides being pompous) extremely rude.
    If you are so lacking in simple social skills to understand this, then they shouldn't.be participating on a public forum.
    Because it isn't really participating , is it?
    Totally agree. I can post away forever heaps of Hanzi without translation. That would just make it look like I am trying to show my "self-superiority" and so-called "knowledge" over that of others. To do so it is silly and self-glorifying.

Hendrick, as I understand it you are a Wing Chun guy correct? Please tell me what training you have done in Fuzhou Fujian White Crane???

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Firehawk wrote

I got some Fujian Crane Kung Fu books in Chinese for sale that I got from Hong Kong from CS Tang 1 is from a Sifu NG Hong a rare private book .
    Firehawk,

Please give me more info on these books, copies of the covers, who by, what they cover, prices etc. my email:

baihe@whitecranefist.com

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    Totally agree. I can post away forever heaps of Hanzi without translation. That would just make it look like I am trying to show my "self-superiority" and so-called "knowledge" over that of others. To do so it is silly and self-glorifying.

Hendrick, as I understand it you are a Wing Chun guy correct? Please tell me what training you have done in Fuzhou Fujian White Crane???

you want to investigate Beetoven music, get a copy of his real music. you want to investigate real Fujian Crane, Go to the source, even the Japanese karate ka go for Hanzi as it is.

What is using the source got to do with self superiority? instead of appreciate some one shows the source and the direction to deep reseach?

2, I dont do Fuzhou Crane.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-21-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    you want to investigate Beetoven music, get a copy of his real music. you want to investigate real Fujian Crane, Go to the source, even the Japanese karate ka go for Hanzi as it is.

What is using the source got to do with self superiority? instead of appreciate some one shows the source and the direction to deep reseach?

Going to the source is fine. Responding by posting said source without a translation is not.
    Why do you not get this?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Going to the source is fine. Responding by posting said source without a translation is not.
    Why do you not get this?

Go read you previous posts,
    beside attacking me with all means, what have you contribute in this thread?

This is a forum with lots of people read Chinese. This is a public discussion forum, not a forum to serve you only ; no one is obligate to teach you on anything you dont know.

if you are sincere and like to learn you can always ask others politely to help you, instead of keep doing personal attack and complaining. Who the hell with help you with those type of personal attack and demanding attitude. it is you who dont know not others. so get your position clear.

Not to mention, those who be able to clearly explain the original writting of Fujian White Crane will be some one who really know the subject; and the in depth material cannot be learn in the web or understand via just reading some translation in a forum. So, if one know it one know it if one dont it is a years long project learning from those who knows. it is not an easy topic at all.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-21-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Dude, you have some serious issues.
    one-l did not attack you, I simply pointed out that you were being extremely rude and condescending.
    Two-simply because you don't agree withj_ my viewpoints, does not mean that I am not contributing to the discussion. You need to check your ego...seriously.
    In fact, by posting on an ENGLISH SPEAKING FORUM in hanzi without providing a translation,
    It is YOU who is not contributing to the discussion.
    Your behavior on this forum is inexcusable.
    Not an attack, just a statement of fact
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Original Beethoven (as opposed to your "beetoven" - sic)??? I didn't know that original recordings of his music was available on CD!

What knowledge of Nihon Karate and or Uchinadi do you have? Have you trained in either of these forms? Does this knowledge include "Hakutsuru?"

You don't do Fujian Fuzhou Crane? then why do you offer comment on same with some "form" of authority? Is this not a little self-aggrandizing and disrepectful to those who may?

This is a forum with lots of people read Chinese. This is a public discussion forum, not a forum to serve you only ; no one is obligate to teach you on anything you dont know.

if you are sincere and like to learn you can always ask others politely to help you, instead of keep doing personal attack and complaining. Who the hell with help you with those type of personal attack and demanding attitude. it is you who dont know not others. so get your position clear.

Not to mention, those who be able to clearly explain the original writting of Fujian White Crane will be some one who really know the subject; and the in depth material cannot be learn in the web or understand via just reading some translation in a forum. So, if one know it one know it if one dont it is a years long project learning from those who knows. it is not an easy topic at all.
    Again you imply that you have some knowledge of Fuzhou / Fujian Crane yet you stated earlier that you "don't do Fuzhou Crane" ... I am a little confused then as to your actual connection to same and have to agree with Ten Tigers here.

You are posting Hanzi from God knows where (unverifiable) as if you have actual knowledge of the subject?

This is NOT a Chinese speaking forum. By and large the majority who post here do so in English. Ten Tigers has pointed that out. So to continue to post just Hanzi without proper translation is simply a case of you trying to "show your so-called self superiority". It is demeaning to others and certainly NOT the way to make friends and influence people.

I'm not trying to be a smart guy here but your attitude is somewhat unbecoming. Please try to be a little less of a "full cup" and respect others. Then they will, in return, respect you.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Hendrick,

You cited the book "白鶴仙師祖傳真法" as being the source of the Hanzi posted by yourself.

Can you provide a copy of the front of said book, the name of it's author and publisher and the ISBN please?

I await your reply.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Well, since no one is mentioning the elephant in the room, I guess it's, up to me:
    Hendrick,and anyone else who insist on posting text in Hanzi-Without providing the translation, KNOCK IT OFF!
    Realize this: What you are doing is (besides being pompous) extremely rude.
    If you are so lacking in simple social skills to understand this, then they shouldn't.be participating on a public forum.
    Because it isn't really participating , is it?
    This is Hendrick's MO, well know in the WC forum.
    LOL !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

As
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Go read you previous posts,
    beside attacking me with all means, what have you contribute in this thread?

As usual, NO ONE is attacking you Hendrick.
    It's just that, as usual, you don't know what you are talking about BUT think you because you can, supposedly, read Chinese.
    It doesn't work for you in WC forum and won't work for you here.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    This is Hendrick's MO, well know in the WC forum.
    LOL !
    after a simple search on chinese google, hendrik actually copy and pastes his "insider chiense info" from blogs, random websites.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC