Thread: San Soo and five families

Hybrid View

Thumbs up woo

IMFMDC is 100% correct in everything he said. I was the in Los Angeles in those days , I studied from Ark Wong , I knew all of these guys. Jimmy Woo ( San Soo) came around Ark Wong's but he didn't study anything from Ark or Parker. Ed Parker did his own thing which was his kempo Karate,
    San Soo is a mixture of odds and ends. James Wing Woo taught Kung Fu - he not related to Jimmy Woo.

erbilly;1288295]That is in correct. James Wing Woo taught Ed Parker at Parkers school along with Parkers students. That was not San Soo.

James H. Woo ( Jimmy Woo ) never taught Kenpo ever. Parker wanted to learn San Soo but refused to put on a white belt. Jimmy got sick of his **** and ran him out of his school.
    Last edited by SIFU RON; 11-06-2015 at 03:26 PM. Reason: OGG
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIFU RON View Post
    IMFMDC is 100% correct in everything he said. I was the in Los Angeles in those days , I studied from Ark Wong , I knew all of these guys. Jimmy Woo ( San Soo) came around Ark Wong's but he didn't study anything from Ark or Parker. Ed Parker did his own thing which was his kempo Karate,
    San Soo is a mixture of odds and ends. James Wing Woo taught Kung Fu - he not related to Jimmy Woo.

erbilly;1288295]That is in correct. James Wing Woo taught Ed Parker at Parkers school along with Parkers students. That was not San Soo.

James H. Woo ( Jimmy Woo ) never taught Kenpo ever. Parker wanted to learn San Soo but refused to put on a white belt. Jimmy got sick of his **** and ran him out of his school.

There are 2 James Woo's. I believe they were also cousins. Not particulary close.

I believe most in San Soo believe San Soo is some form of Choy Lay Fut. I know nothing about some asking to recieve rank from others. It may be correct. Most I do not believe ever sought out anyone else for rank unless they wen there to study as beginners.

Grasshopper covered this. Oops.

Side note- Rudy Terlinden used to teach San Soo for Jimmy Woo at one of his schools. This clip says Silat. It is not. This is San Soo ! Very end is a little Silat. That is Rudys brother I believe. They both taught for Jimmy Woo. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-xzqajezrw
    [/QUOTE]

Kool, I suspect James Wing Woo told you that. " No relation" ?

Thank you very much.

Bill

Ps. Sifu Ron, please check your pm box.