Thread: Tru-2-Form Sparring

Hybrid View

I coughed.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

There's not much that could be done.

These are grown men wearing ridiculous garb who think they're upholding a warrior tradition without so much as breaking a sweat or getting a slight bloody nose... almost all of the kung fu I have witnessed is not much unlike this.

A martial art tournament where no one really gets hit? Who would waste their time even participating in something like that....... total pu$$ies!Wackadoos! Losers! Misfits!

However, everyone is so quick now to label this so bad. This is an entire bulletin board (how many users?) devoted to CMA.... where is the good footage? These conversations go on back and forth everyday.... anyone training correctly should be able to use their cell phone to snap some video footage at class to show people they're training realisticly. The footage I posted of Taoist Knights students.... that shouldn't be special. That's minimum. In fact, that itself was below par but at least in the right direction.

Kung Fu is not dying. It's long time dead already. It's Ice Capades without the ice.