Thread: 1st Shaolin Summit & SANA

Hybrid View

It was quite the spectacle. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I have since come to the realization that I am one of my school's token laowai! Even so, it was an honor to make a few nervous remarks at the Abbot's banquet.

Gene, it was great meeting Gigi and you! I hope my manners were not to anxiously perfunctory.

I'll put up some photos after some post processing; the white balance settings on my camera were all messed up so I have to adjust each one.

A short video of Saturdays event.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJYDRFSpXiY

Rapidly Diminishing Hairline!

We'll be bald monks soon, wenshu. Maybe even our next lifetime!

Nice find on the vid. Did he say 'idealistical'?

It was a real pleasure meeting you and your girlfriend. I must say that it is very refreshing to meet a forum member who is very active and enthusiastic in the arts and approaches it intelligently, as opposed to the flame-flinging we get around here so often. No worries about being the token laowai. You can actually get ****her on that than I could. No Chinese school needs a token ABC.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

A teaser

For our e-zine summit report, we're going to showcase the videos of Greg Lynch Jr., our L.A. reporter and the mastermind behind Bad Ass Bunny Productions. Here's a taste.

KungFuMagazine.com Presents the 1st Shaolin Summit 2011
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    For our e-zine summit report, we're going to showcase the videos of Greg Lynch Jr., our L.A. reporter and the mastermind behind Bad Ass Bunny Productions. Here's a taste.

Thank you Gene and Greg for this video from the banquet. KungFuMagazine has my deepest respects as honorable media ! It was great pleasure in meeting you , Gigi and Greg that day.

Bad Ass Bunny Productions?! I LOVE that name as much as your blue bag!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

The comment section has erupted into a flame war between the Temple City, Sherman Oaks and USSD schools. It is just like here, only without the pedantic erudition and absurdist humor.

Someone actually said they were going to report another's behavior to the Abbot. That's very funny.

Bodhidharma created qi gong and kung fu. TRUE FACT.

@ShaolinDiva & Wenshu (STCC LA reps!)

@ShaolinDiva: It was great meeting you too. The name Bad Ass Bunny comes from the Grandmaster Tu documentary project. Tu is a ****phone for bunny in Chinese (but I know you already know that). As for my blue bag, I have dozens of monk bags from Shaolin. That's the only one that has a zipper that has survived. You know how Chinese zippers can be. The blue one actually has really cool side zippers.

@wenshu: Glad you pointed out that flame war to me. It's our first YouTube vid to go there. It actually seems kind of tame compared to some of the ones here. Noobs.

We'll have a full video report next week, courtesy of Bad Ass Bunny. We were just to swamped this week with our our tournament preparations.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips