Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
I appreciate the sentiment of wanting to help.

But Japan is really taking care of business.
The problem is not goods and services, it's logistics.

Japan has lots of food, lots of shelter and lots of doctors.

What they need are hundreds of evac choppers and sartechs on the ground in effected areas.

It is still assessment phase and there are many people who are actually attempting to capitalize on this with funds and so on. It's ridiculous.

It's a big problem and throwing money at it is not a solution. There's lots of money.
Logistics, bureaucratic mess-ups are there aplenty too. But if you think they have enough money... please get a job running a major economy, and you should have the whole financial world back on its feet within days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
I live on the jet stream in the pacific nw...people here are freaking out kind of.....all of the potasium iodide are sold out lol
BTW, most medicines, mouthwashes etc containing potassium iodide do not contain stable iodine and so are no use at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
yes. i dont hate the war criminals.i hate their children. because they want to pretend the war never happened, but enjoy the first world luxury the war brought them.
You know I almost agree with you there. I have a lot of resentment against my parents' generation: they ALL became too wasteful, complacent, selfish on the backs of other people, be it former colonies or their ancestors' hard work. But you're still talking about a generation heading into their seventies, bro. There are two, three, four more generations after that.

And even then, think about the logic here: how can you blame them for pretending atrocities didn't happen? They don't know about them, so they can't suddenly say, "Hey, teach us about this." because... they don't know 'this' exists. It's not like their fathers came home and said, "Look what I did in China, son," like the Chinese have had that oral history.

Now, of course I'm not naive enough to believe there isn't a lot of a collective head-in-the-sand approach to life in Japan... they could've educated themselves, but in that case they're different from the Germans. The Germans could swallow what their grandfathers had done to some extent, and could learn from it. In Japan, with that kind of shame, it would only meet up with their culture of suicide. Of course, maybe that was what should've happened after the war - mass suicide. But they were reeling from atrocities too, and waking up and smelling the coffee after years of Imperial Government indoctrination and dehumanization, so they weren't even going to get close to owning up to their responsibilities.

And guess what? I'm from Britain, which along with the US, is possibly the most adept at glossing over their atrocities and wrongdoings even as it happens in many cases.

It's part of human nature... just as it's human nature to hold grudges. But it's a part that we should try to overcome.

I repeat: the new generations of Japanese are not generally racist until they face hate from other places. Forget the old ****ers stinking the place up! It's the same everywhere these days: grumpy old men duping the younger generation of working stiffs so they can make more money off their backs! Welcome to the pensionless temporary contract generation, pal.

u guys brought this up. its not like i wake up in the morning and fantasize nuking japan. except on thursdays.
Lol, that second bit was funny. But yeah, somebody else brought it up... and you didn't have to jump in with your "feeling nothing" ****. you obviously don't "feel nothing" or you wouldnt have commented.

my point was its unfair japan gets more news coverage over brown people countries. in real life i can hear the difference in peoples tone when they talk about japan, compared to haiti disaster last year. it sickens me.
No argument there. I can't believe we're sitting around watching another dictator kill off a rebellion we should be supporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
Many are either disbelieving me at first (until I show them photos or video tapes), or they never heard of it ever.

I made a girl cry once, LOL.
That was a hobby of mine, I must admit. I got over it. There are better ways.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
And?