Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Shaolin Kempo Karate... Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
    Webmaster is currently building a new site. I've always hated the term kung fu but my partners out voted me. They're now realizing how a simple term will limit clientele.
    Eh... wushu pretty much notates PRC based performance oriented material nowadays.

To parrot TenTigers I never heard wushu when I was in China (mainland), San Fran or locally. From native speakers...

The ONLY time I hear "Chuan Fa" is from the Ken(m)po crowd.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

I agree, that's why we're trying to get away from styles and just call it martial arts.

Alright...I was actually trying to discuss actual forms and techniques...you know, trying not to fuel fires for once. Guess that didn't work. Oh well. I'll just try my discussion elsewhere.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    what exactly does Han suki mean? What language, dialect is it? Do you have the hanzi/kanji for it?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    what exactly does Han suki mean? What language, dialect is it? Do you have the hanzi/kanji for it?
    Good question, I have heard one person say that it translates to "small opening" talking about how the form creates larger openings in an opponents guard.

To be honest, if the name came from Prof. Chow, it may not have a literal meaning. Prof. Chow called his system "Kara-Ho", which he got in a dream, but karaho is a slang term in spanish for something derogatory.
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin73 View Post
    Good question, I have heard one person say that it translates to "small opening" talking about how the form creates larger openings in an opponents guard.

To be honest, if the name came from Prof. Chow, it may not have a literal meaning. Prof. Chow called his system "Kara-Ho", which he got in a dream, but karaho is a slang term in spanish for something derogatory.
    Dont know what it means but one of the few cool forms in villaris shaolin kempo.

Anyone know if Z or ussd has added any real shaolin forms to their system?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    where would they find it...?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.