Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Hybrid View

What is ATLAB?

New Avatar series

Exclusive: The next Avatar animated series, featuring the earth Avatar after Aang & Korra, is coming in 2025 from Paramount and Avatar Studios

We have a ***HUGE*** Avatar News exclusive for you today.

It’s happening.

Avatar Studios is working on the next Avatar after Aang and Korra. An original animated streaming series set in the future after The Legend of Korra, following the next earth Avatar in the cycle, is coming to Paramount+ in 2025.

But there’s more. An animated movie featuring this Avatar and their era is coming to theaters in the years after the show comes out. (I can’t reveal more specific dates yet, but it won’t be an insanely long wait.)

Currently we don’t know how far in the future this Avatar’s era will be set, but a very rough approximation based on previous Avatars is that if it’s set ~100 years after Korra’s time, it will be in the Avatar world’s equivalent of our world’s present day.

2025 is going to be a HUGE launch year for Avatar Studios’ animated universe, with the adult Aang movie coming to theaters on October 10th, 2025, as well as this new series streaming in the same year. This isn’t a mistake on my part, they’re intentionally releasing both in the same year– part of a much bigger plan. Currently it’s implied that the movie is Avatar Studios’ first project of any kind, which would imply that this series would come out after that, at the very end of the year, likely in November or December 2025. There could, of course, be delays, but they’re absolutely working on multiple projects in parallel right now.

This is the second Avatar original streaming series coming soon, with the live-action young Aang series premiering next year in 2023. Season 2 of live-action ATLA can be estimated for two years later in 2025 as well, joining the adult Gaang animated movie and next earth Avatar animated series to form the biggest year of Avatar EVER.

More news tomorrow.

(Note that the above artwork is an Avatar News mockup for illustrative purposes only, it’s not official and we have no idea what the next Avatar will look like yet.)
    The-Legend-Of-Korra
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Oh, I thought it was http://www.atlab.com/

and thought, wow! I had no idea that an animated show required such advanced tech.

4. Anybody see Book 3 trailer on www.avatarspirit.net?
    Last edited by Sicilian Tofu M; 08-28-2007 at 12:31 PM.

i just watched the last two seasons on dvd i can't wait for part three they got ang looking like a real shaolin monk.

6. One thing I saw was ang's glider was blue (he must of made a new one). I hope the show does not get to dark(my boy 4 ) with the war.

its disney so you know it can't get too dark. that being said i hope it does a little darker, cause american cartoons went to crap after 9-11. verything is too inocent like we're trying to hide something from our kids. while i do understand shielding thm from some things, but war is something you learn about in the first grade even before that. you learn about war when you get your first 99 cent back of army men.anyway this season looks really good and chock full of magical kung fu. question anyone else think that fire should've been xing yi instead of just northern shaolin. it has all the charcteristics of xing yi just the movements. anyway just a thought.

Season 3 looks tasty!

I just love that kids have a vegetarian Ba Gua hero in this show. Pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    its disney so you know it can't get too dark.
    I don't think it's Disney.