Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Power Point Exploding

Blog Entries
    Can you apply "leg moves first, followed by the body" in roundhouse kick?

I believe "hand moves first, followed by the body" is a none commited move. Since it's a none commited move, it can be anything. Trying to compare a none commited move to a commited "body push/pull limbs" Fajin may be just like to compare orange and apple.

Can you apply "leg moves first, followed by the body" in roundhouse kick?
    Sure.

I believe "hand moves first, followed by the body" is a none commited move.

Since it's a none commited move, it can be anything.

Trying to compare a none commited move to a commited "body push/pull limbs" Fajin may be just like to compare orange and apple.

yes, those are different stuffs. type 1 and 2 are commited for sure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Sure.
    The "leg leads body" may only apply to the Karate roundhouse kick.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CC4Q9QEwAQ

It won't apply to the MT roundhouse kick. The MT roundhose kick is clearly "body leads leg".

http://www.flashmavi.com/muaythai_sp...use_kick.shtml

There is big difference between these 2 different power generation methods.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 01-19-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    The "leg leads body" may only apply to the Karate roundhouse kick.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CC4Q9QEwAQ

It won't apply to the MT roundhouse kick. The MT roundhose kick is clearly "body leads leg".

http://www.flashmavi.com/muaythai_sp...use_kick.shtml

There is big difference between these 2 different power generation methods.

1, there is a different between round horse kick and spinning round horse kick

2, in real life kick are dynamic one doesnt need to follow rules to 100%

3, applying leg followed by body is just a small adjustment for different purpose, most people dont even be able to see that if it is not tell. it will look like ordinary roundhorse kick at the execution point.

4, unless one is a kicker. speculation just confuse one.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    You don't put your body BEHIND the punch, instead you hit WITH your body structure. There is a difference.
    Can you define the distinction between the two?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Hendrik

This video is for you - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHnL7wqtQLs

Here is perfect video dealing with putting your body behind a punch.

Now take into account WC body mechanics are different and shorter. They are made to fight closer and use more speed than power of a boxer.

But if your interested in training to add this sorta of power to your WC you have to mix it up with boxing body mechanics. In other words you have to switch from one form of fighting to another.

But its cool to understand the philopshy behind why this techniques works. I don't think the guy who is doing the punches has the knowledge you have. But he has the experience from fighting and the conditioning from building up the power from

-push ups
    -weight lifting
    -hitting a punching bag

An what ever else I didnt mention.

Instead of telling us about this theory and that theory why not talk about how one develops it. Dont go mystical. Simply speak about the training that it takes phyiscal training that is to develop power like...

In your Mythical Chi video of the japanese guy making his energy pass through three guys. Whats the purpose of that skill? Why would you use that in a fight? Also how do you train to develop it? Dont say its chi. Because chi has to be trained by chi kung,strechting, hitting objects hard. To be able to manifest chi you must do both Soft or Yin exercises as well as Hard or Yang exercises. If you simply practice forms in the air with no Yang your chi wont be strong. If all you is stretch an never punch or kick anything than you will be flexible but will lack power(chi) to actually allow the chi to flow through your meridans to distrupt your opponents meridens and damage his chi flow.

A guy who can punch a 200lbs and make it move has more chi in punching that a guy who only does SIL LIM TAO

Oh by the way the guys doing Muay Thai delievering the knock outs. I betcha your long winded discussion on momemtum would go way over his head. He would have no idea what you mean! nor do i...reason being because it doesn't tell me how to develop it. I dont really care about how chi has the ability to knock someone out. Show me how to develop it properply and teach me how to apply against someone fighting me back.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Can you define the distinction between the two?
    No -- that is my point, you can't verbally explain these things or how to do them. But you can FEEL the difference. And you can be taught how to do it (if your instructor has the skill himself).

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    No -- that is my point, you can't verbally explain these things or how to do them. But you can FEEL the difference. And you can be taught how to do it (if your instructor has the skill himself).

That is totally NONSENSE and BS. I cant believe this come from a person who claim to know fighting and Qi is not scientific....etc. Now, looking at it. That is just totally double standard and NONSENSE.

Yes, one can verbally explain these things including giving a PROCESS to develop the skill.

One simply cant develop something one's mind is not clear.

And one cannot become a master of the field if one doesnt know different type of momentum generation and be able to do it, such as the type 1, 2, and 3.

Again, body and body structure is NOT momentum. Momentum has to have a Speed or accelation comes with it. So that show how Terence's level of scientific is ; it is far from the standard / level of TCMA IMA or Internal art; even though Terence keep pushing Internal art is NONSENSE and nonscientific. He just simply doesnt know.

NO matter how is the body or body structure. if one cant tell you how the heck s/he get the speed or acceleration. He is BSing and doesnt know what he is doing. if one cant control this speed or acceleration of the momentum generation, then one cant fight well.

So the question is will Mike Tyson or any very rare nature figther have to know about momentum as in Physics? they doesnt have to know.

But, Look at their clips, they knows how to handle the speed and acceleration naturally. and Momentum analysis is very good to see what they NATURALLY can do and we could learn from them on their way of doing it.

However, Terence is not a Nature and not Mike Tyson class? Why because he is doing WCK which means it is not a Nature Skill, but a learning Skill. and it is a problem if one who claim to have the skill but cannot clearly know what is the core elements and the process clearly.

So, dont tell me those BS fighting fighting when one cant even have a precise handling on momentum generation.

hahaha, see, I can acting to put on a hat and behave like Terence using Critical thinking too. hahaha.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-20-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    That is totally NONSENSE and BS. I cant believe this come from a person who claim to know fighting and Qi is not scientific....etc. Now, looking at it. That is just totally double standard and NONSENSE.
    No double standard and it is not nonsense.

Yes, one can verbally explain these things including giving a PROCESS to develop the skill.

One simply cant develop something one's mind is not clear.
    No, you can't. THAT is what you want to believe -- you want to believe that you intellectually "understand" it and so can tell others how to do it. But you don't.

You can give someone instructions for practice, but it is through their own practice that they learn -- find out how to do it themselves. The instruction is only a finger pointing to the moon.

And one cannot become a master of the field if one doesnt know different type of momentum generation and be able to do it, such as the type 1, 2, and 3.
    How do you know what it takes to be a "master"? LOL! All that is nonsense.

Again, body and body structure is NOT momentum. Momentum has to have a Speed or accelation comes with it. So that show how Terence's level of scientific is ; it is far from the standard / level of TCMA IMA or Internal art; even though Terence keep pushing Internal art is NONSENSE and nonscientific. He just simply doesnt know.
    The "standard" for TCMA IMA is bullsh1t. That is why there are not TCMA IMA people who can fight their way out of a wet paper bag. That is why you can't name ONE -- ONE mind you -- person who has any significant fighting skills using IMA. IMA was created by the nonfighting gentry who, like you, were trying to explain what they did not and could not do.

NO matter how is the body or body structure. if one cant tell you how the heck s/he get the speed or acceleration. He is BSing and doesnt know what he is doing. if one cant control this speed or acceleration of the momentum generation, then one cant fight well.

So the question is will Mike Tyson or any very rare nature figther have to know about momentum as in Physics? they doesnt have to know.

But, Look at their clips, they knows how to handle the speed and acceleration naturally. and Momentum analysis is very good to see what they NATURALLY can do and we could learn from them on their way of doing it.

However, Terence is not a Nature and not Mike Tyson class? Why because he is doing WCK which means it is not a Nature Skill, but a learning Skill. and it is a problem if one who claim to have the skill but cannot clearly know what is the core elements and the process clearly.

So, dont tell me those BS fighting fighting when one cant even have a precise handling on momentum generation.

hahaha, see, I can acting to put on a hat and behave like Terence using Critical thinking too. hahaha.
    You wouldn't know what critical thinking was if it bit you in the ass. All you are describing is Hendrik's magical fantasy fu.

Take your magical fantasy fu into a MMA gym, and after they spank you, tell them about your three different types of momentum.

1, disregard of how you words it since you are the expert of wording and wording only. you still doesnt have the speed part of the momentum. Thus, lips service doesnt do any good to against law of physics.

2, all these using MMA gym as your seal BS nonsense.

hey a gym is gym. that is not even good enough compare with going to the Zoo. and Zoo is not even good enough to go to the jungle to test out with the survival animal or in the street of un law region. That is real fighting, get it?

So,
    a, you cant do it by the law of physics.
    b, even Gym is far far away with Amazon survival. not to mention mma gym got nothing to do to you and are you discussing WCK here ?

Those are how much your words worth in the reality.

BTW.

dont give me the following Zen type of finger pointing to the moon BS for your convernient. you dont even know what is a moon and a finger.

and it the reality is a technology as in Internal martial art technology is like driving a car, everyone can drive a car without need to think and doesnt have to find out how to do it themselves. with the technology it is only a matter on some can drive better then others but EVERY CAN DRIVE without need to find out HOW.

You can give someone instructions for practice, but it is through their own practice that they learn -- find out how to do it themselves. The instruction is only a finger pointing to the moon.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-20-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Ok, Today is my egoistic and love to have fun day.

How many of you would seriously like me to guide and lead you to experience the key points the momentum of type 1, 2, 3? so you know what is what when it comes to momentum generation. I would NOT show you how to fight or applied to hurt others because that is against my vow of compassionate as a buddhist.

But I can lead you to physically know and experience what it is. after that you will be clear as you are driving a car. it is pure TCMA IMA stuffs no magic but all common sense.

My only request is please dont use the car to hurt others. if you give me your promise, I do it today.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-20-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Thanks for your Tyson clip, like a few Nature, he is a nature. and all the explanation on momentum is for the people like myself who is NOT a nature to learn how a Nature does things which I cant and dont know how to do it naturally.

Notice I dont talk Qi in this thread, I bring up momentum.

Also, I dont talk fighting or how to use it in fighting because I dont like fighting,
    but I love to discuss the phenomenon of momentum.

it is like we can discuss what is the power of neuclear but dont have to link it to war.

[QUOTE]

Now take into account WC body mechanics are different and shorter. They are made to fight closer and use more speed than power of a boxer.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-20-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Also, I dont talk fighting or how to use it in fighting because I dont like fighting,
    but I love to discuss the phenomenon of momentum.

it is like we can discuss what is the power of neuclear but dont have to link it to war.

Im sure youll find some friends.... http://www.physicsforums.com/

[QUOTE=Hendrik;1073692]Thanks for your Tyson clip, like a few Nature, he is a nature. and all the explanation on momentum is for the people like myself who is NOT a nature to learn how a Nature does things which I cant and dont know how to do it naturally.

If your mean "natural", no, you are wrong

Yes, Tyson had physical attributes that certainly helped get him to where he got, but it was his technique, discipline and training that put it all together

I guess you think he hard hard because he is strong?

If your mean "natural", no, you are wrong

Yes, Tyson had physical attributes that certainly helped get him to where he got, but it was his technique, discipline and training that put it all together

I guess you think he hard hard because he is strong?

But if your interested in training to add this sorta of power to your WC you have to mix it up with boxing body mechanics. In other words you have to switch from one form of fighting to another.

But its cool to understand the philopshy behind why this techniques works. I don't think the guy who is doing the punches has the knowledge you have. But he has the experience from fighting and the conditioning from building up the power from

-push ups
    -weight lifting
    -hitting a punching bag

An what ever else I didnt mention.

Instead of telling us about this theory and that theory why not talk about how one develops it. Dont go mystical. Simply speak about the training that it takes phyiscal training that is to develop power like...

In your Mythical Chi video of the japanese guy making his energy pass through three guys. Whats the purpose of that skill? Why would you use that in a fight? Also how do you train to develop it? Dont say its chi. Because chi has to be trained by chi kung,strechting, hitting objects hard. To be able to manifest chi you must do both Soft or Yin exercises as well as Hard or Yang exercises. If you simply practice forms in the air with no Yang your chi wont be strong. If all you is stretch an never punch or kick anything than you will be flexible but will lack power(chi) to actually allow the chi to flow through your meridans to distrupt your opponents meridens and damage his chi flow.

A guy who can punch a 200lbs and make it move has more chi in punching that a guy who only does SIL LIM TAO

Oh by the way the guys doing Muay Thai delievering the knock outs. I betcha your long winded discussion on momemtum would go way over his head. He would have no idea what you mean! nor do i...reason being because it doesn't tell me how to develop it. I dont really care about how chi has the ability to knock someone out. Show me how to develop it properply and teach me how to apply against someone fighting me back.
    Tyson was a freak, that is a given also a by-product of hard work and excellent training.
    Funny that number 2 KO is a carbon copy of how HE got Ko'd by Lewis.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !