Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did Eric Cantor (R) Pledge Allegiance to Israel over the US?

Why did Eric Cantor (R) Pledge Allegiance to Israel over the US?

"I'm with you, not my president," Eric Cantor told Israel's Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu [Gallo/Getty]

Soon-to-be House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) is desperately trying to explain away the promise he made to Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu last Wednesday.

http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth...343388841.html
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

So now you're using Al Jazeera as a source to attack people with (R)s next to their name.

So why are you upset with what Congressman Cantor did/said? Can you explain why?

Obama bowing to the Japanese PM is a scandal, but Cantor pledging allegiance to the ruler of another nation doesn't phase you?

I can't remember an opposition leader telling a foreign leader, in a personal meeting, that he would side, as a policy, with that leader against the president. Certainly, in statements on one specific issue or another -- building in Jerusalem, or somesuch -- lawmakers have taken the sides of other nations. But to have-a-face to face and say, in general, we will take your side against the White House -- that sounds to me extraordinary.Ron Kampeas, Jewish Telegraph Agency
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 11-18-2010 at 01:44 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    So now you're using Al Jazeera as a source to attack people with (R)s next to their name.
    Are you saying that didn't happen because Al Jazeera was the media source?
    Are you? Really? Is that what you're implying?
    Are you saying that he did not make that statement?
    Are you saying that because he has an (R) he is beyond corruptions?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Cantor should have impeachment proceedings leveled at him right away in light of this gross and flagrant treasonous statement.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Obama bowing to the Japanese PM is a scandal, but Cantor pledging allegiance to the ruler of another nation doesn't phase you?
    Again, please explain why you're upset with Congressman Cantor. I don't see that quote he said as an "allegiance" myself, that's why I want you to explain in more detail why you're upset with the man.

Cantor should have impeachment proceedings leveled at him right away in light of this gross and flagrant treasonous statement.
    Please explain what he did that's treasonous. Is it just the statement alone?

Again, please explain why you're upset with Congressman Cantor. I don't see that quote he said as an "allegiance" myself, that's why I want you to explain in more detail why you're upset with the man.
    Who said I'm upset? I'm just curious why a Republican is telling the leaders of other countries that he will side with them over his own president.

Who said I'm upset? I'm just curious why a Republican is telling the leaders of other countries that he will side with them over his own president.
    Ok, but are you saying he is wrong to do what he did? Or he is overstepping his bounds? Do you disagree with what Mr Cantor did, and if so, why?

"I can't remember an opposition leader telling a foreign leader, in a personal meeting, that he would side, as a policy, with that leader against the president. Certainly, in statements on one specific issue or another -- building in Jerusalem, or somesuch -- lawmakers have taken the sides of other nations. But to have-a-face to face and say, in general, we will take your side against the White House -- that sounds to me extraordinary.Ron Kampeas, Jewish Telegraph Agency"

I can remember it. I believe it was in 1984.

The pic below must be news to Mr Kampeas:

Ok, but are you saying he is wrong to do what he did? Or he is overstepping his bounds? Do you disagree with what Mr Cantor did, and if so, why?
    "Several leading legal authorities have made the case that recent diplomatic overtures ran afoul of the Logan Act, which makes it a felony for any American 'without authority of the United States' to communicate with a foreign government to influence that government's behavior on any disputes with the United States.--Eric Cantor (in regards to Nancy Pelosi's 2007 trip to Syria)

Anticipating that the extreme austerity measures which his party is demanding might sweep up foreign aid -- and therefore threaten the billions of dollars every year in American taxpayer money transferred to Israel -- Cantor last month proposed that money to Israel not be classifed any longer as "foreign aid" -- in order to shield it from all cuts.

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/gl...0/11/13/israel

Please explain what he did that's treasonous. Is it just the statement alone?
    Ok. But MK is saying it for me!

Boom there it is.

"Several leading legal authorities have made the case that recent diplomatic overtures ran afoul of the Logan Act, which makes it a felony for any American 'without authority of the United States' to communicate with a foreign government to influence that government's behavior on any disputes with the United States.--Eric Cantor (in regards to Nancy Pelosi's 2007 trip to Syria)
    Boom there it is.

Anticipating that the extreme austerity measures which his party is demanding might sweep up foreign aid -- and therefore threaten the billions of dollars every year in American taxpayer money transferred to Israel -- Cantor last month proposed that money to Israel not be classifed any longer as "foreign aid" -- in order to shield it from all cuts.

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/gl...0/11/13/israel
    Boom there it is.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

"I can't remember an opposition leader telling a foreign leader, in a personal meeting, that he would side, as a policy, with that leader against the president. Certainly, in statements on one specific issue or another -- building in Jerusalem, or somesuch -- lawmakers have taken the sides of other nations. But to have-a-face to face and say, in general, we will take your side against the White House -- that sounds to me extraordinary.Ron Kampeas, Jewish Telegraph Agency"

I can remember it. I believe it was in 1984.

The pic below must be news to Mr Kampeas:

can you explain that pic, i am not familiar. thanks.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.