Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: this board sux

this board sux

seriously what happned to this website?
    it used to be a great place to share, help others, discuss and learn about other martial artists and other styles.
    I really met some great people from here over the phone and a few in person and leanred a lt about other arts that I would probably never have the pleasure to be exposed to.

But lately OMG its like children fighting over the toys in a toy box. I find myself not actng like myself and calling names to peopel like knife, ross and frost who might be in real life pretty cool people but they say things to me and others that just really pi s ses people off and these guys I have never met, this doesnt make sense to me at all to let others change my character. how do you get mad at someone you dont know???? this is insanity

last week my wife came into the office and said what in the heck are you doing thats so important youve been on ther nternet for an hour... I sadi fighting with people about how they shoudl fight! and she looked at me like ..... are you serious? with grown men or new teenage students? I said umm grown men mostly above 30.. LOL she shook her head and said you and your internet buddies need a better hobby, do you see how silly this
    is?

I thougth its was just me but it seems like there are a ton of people who dont like each other and talk bad about one another and they have never met each other? how did we let this site deteriorate into slander and name calling. lets all try to get along share and discuss what we all come here for.......... the love of martial arts whatever that art may be...... truce?
    Last edited by EarthDragon; 11-03-2010 at 06:18 PM.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    seriously what happned to this website?
    it used to be a great place to share, help others, discuss and learn about other martial artists and other styles.
    I really met some great people from here over the phone and a few in person and leanred a lt about other arts that I would probably never have the pleasure to be exposed to.

But lately OMG its like children fighting over the toys in a toy box. I find myself not actng like myself and calling names to peopel like knife and frost who might be in real life pretty cool people but they say things to me and others that just really pi s ses people off and these memebers I have never met, this doesnt make sense to let others change your character. how do you get mad at someone you dont know???? this is insanity

I thougth its was just me but it seems like there are a ton of people who dont like each other and talk bad about one another and they have never met each other? how did we let this site deteriorate into slander and name calling. lets all try to get along share and discuss what we all come here for.......... the love of martial arts whatever that art may be...... truce?
    LOL... you are just mad because you can't get away with lying and making stuff up anymore.

BTW, you've been having flame wars with people before I ever even started posting here (hint: "Where's my keys?").

Pot meet kettle.

LOL so the first post is from knife dale franks who i had to put on the ignore list and I am 100 %sure its a negative one... this is exactly my point. WTF?
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Blog Entries
    hey first thing is not let the board get to you. i will admit, at times i'm like WTF is going on here? but then at other times i realized this board loves to mess with the weak minded. we all have confidence in what we do. then we have some who are just over confident. this can inhibit many people's thinking cause what some don't realize is that if someone is afraid of you he will find an equalizer to level the playing field. Who cares what you use to get the job done as long as it gets done.

bro, this place is fully of negative vibes, but i think some find it addictive and perhaps even use it to release some of their hateful vibes. don't let them get to you cause none of them are showing up on your doorstep making trouble for you. walk away from the forum for a few days come back with a fresh mind and good defense against the no good hooligans.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

thanks brother HSK
    it is frustrating me, and I find myself imposing these same negiative vibes that you speak of towards others and I am not like that at all, gets me out of character. I really like to discuss MA and everythgn about its my life and my livelyhood so why not talk about it with others adn share wisdom and insight? trouble is not much wisdom and insight, more slander and belittling.. sad really, but thanks for the kind words I know there a ton of great martial artsits out here and good natured people all round
    you are one of them.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Blog Entries
    look, just know even knifefighter, he's not gonna show up on your door. heck, what if he's not really dale franks and is one of these udda knuckle heads here. they all know what buttons to push and as long as you react to the button pressing they will keep doing it. push back, have fun, stand up for yourself but in a playful manner. who knows off the forum people may actually like each other here.

use your defenses man. don't let their bs get to you and things will be fine. also, don't go putting nothing of meaning to you on here...it means nothing to everyone else. if you do, expect to be hit with the bs.

keep your head up dude.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

LOL so the first post is from knife dale franks who i had to put on the ignore list and I am 100 %sure its a negative one... this is exactly my point. WTF?
    Nice to know I can still annoy you even on ignore.

last week my wife came into the office and said what in the heck are you doing thats so important youve been on ther nternet for an hour... I sadi fighting with people about how they shoudl fight! and she looked at me like ..... are you serious? with grown men or new teenage students? I said umm grown men mostly above 30.. LOL she shook her head and said you and your internet buddies need a better hobby, do you see how silly this
    is?
    I'd say ED has been caught lying again... because all he would have to do is post a clip of him training his guys the way he says they train (full contact, without boxing gloves, with throws and grappling).

The fact that he doesn't do that to shut us up pretty much proves one of two things:

1- Either he is lying about not wanting to argue with us.
    or
    2- He is lying about the way he trains at his school.

Life is all about the back and forth interplay between opposing, yet complimentary, forces. It is the way of Tao, it cannot be avoided or eliminated. It is one of the foundational principles of Tao/Life.

There has been a lot of whining and complaining the past few days on this topic on the Forum. But it is no different than everything and everywhere else in life. There is mostly dross with a few pearls from time to time. Again, this is nothing other than the natural process of Tao.

The "Can't we all just get along!" people are no better or worse than the pot stirrers. Some are even worse, because they seek to impose the way they "THINK" life should be on to others.

The FACT is, "NO WE CANNOT ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!" It has never been that way in the history of mankind and it NEVER WILL BE THAT WAY!!

The problem isn't that OTHERS can't get along, it is with those who wish to impose THEIR OWN IDEA of getting along on to others.

It does not work, because it goes against the processes of TAO. The problem is with YOU! NOT OTHERS!!

This post and my emphasis should not be taken as hostile. I am not angry, upset or even saying the complainers should not complain. I am merely trying to explain what is occurring in terms of the natural processes of Tao and as a student of the processes of Tao, I am seeking to help some examine their own unrealistic thoughts and expectations and help them to understand that problem is not with the board, or the lack of moderators, or the state of our society. It is with your own unrealistic expectations and desire to impose your own ideas of "fair" and "reasonable" on to others. What occurs here is a natural, normal process of Tao that is has been present within every culture, during every time in the the history of man.

Each person certainly has the right to fight the natural processes of Tao, but Tao is bigger than all of us, and the processes will continue on their own regardless of our "feelings" about it.

So, it would seem advantageous to understand the natural process and accommodate ourselves to it, rather than fight it! Tao is bigger that you, you cannot win!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    I'd say ED has been caught lying again... because all he would have to do is post a clip of him training his guys the way he says they train (full contact, without boxing gloves, with throws and grappling).

The fact that he doesn't do that to shut us up pretty much proves one of two things:

1- Either he is lying about not wanting to argue with us.
    or
    2- He is lying about the way he trains at his school.
    yeah, ok. we heard it. So what. let it go and move on. nobody cares, and it just detracts from the forum when you guys go back and forth for pages and pages.
    Sheesh...
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

My opinion is ED is a compulsive liar and just can't help himself, the latest episode with Prof De La Riva was downright embarassing and he wouldn't even let it drop no matter how bad he looked....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Blog Entries
    Did someone once said that if you don't have any enemies, your life may not be worth of living.

Those are my favor cartoons:

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/8789/argue3.png

http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/1702/argue1.jpg

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/7302/argue2.jpg

Yeah, seems like you have to wade through a lot of nonsense and crap to find much meaningful here.
    Prefer talking to peeps in PMs sometimes.
    Just happy for ignore button. Easy to see who posts ideas and those who post baloney. I just put the sandwich makers on ignore.
    Some threads have more ignored posts than active ones.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Did someone once said that if you don't have any enemies, your life may not be worth of living.

Those are my favor cartoons:

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/8789/argue3.png

http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/1702/argue1.jpg

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/7302/argue2.jpg

Great!

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    Yeah, seems like you have to wade through a lot of nonsense and crap to find much meaningful here.
    Prefer talking to peeps in PMs sometimes.
    Just happy for ignore button. Easy to see who posts ideas and those who post baloney. I just put the sandwich makers on ignore.
    Some threads have more ignored posts than active ones.
    If the functional training crowd put the fantasy, theoretical non-fighting guys on ignore, there would be no discussions here and the forum would close down in a couple of months.