Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Reasons to do TMA

Titusville, Florida (Floridas East Coast)

Top 10 Reasons to do TMA

10. I look great in silk PJ's.
    9. It gives me something to do between episodes of Caprica and Dancing with the Stars.
    8. I get a great workout without even sweating!
    7. It gives me self-defense skills for real world applications (by using toy replicas of 500 year old weapons many of which weren't even very effective back then).
    6. I mimic the movements of animals in order to gain their mental and physical attributes....I especially like the "donkey" style. Oops, that was a typo, I meant "monkey" style.
    5. I get a great sense of accomplishment. It's only gonna take $5,000 and/or 15 more tests until I reach my black belt. The same is true for my 8 year old nephew.
    4. It teaches 27 different ways to escape a double lapel grab. I'll show you....grab here...and..oops. I wasn't ready. Try again to grab me....oops...aw shucks.....
    3. It teaches goal setting. For example, this year I set two goals: 1) to move out of my parents house and 2) to actually kiss a girl. Yes I do know it's October and I haven't done either one yet. Yes I do know I'm 43 years old. What's your point?
    2. Internal TMA is a complete system- it's all you need. Practice it and you don't need a job, you don't need money, you don't need a girlfriend, you don't need a life....
    1. It's a hell of a lotta fun!!!!

Eric Hunstad
    www.OldSchoolKungFuNow.com

10 reasons that I did TMA

1. I had motor function disorder when I was a kid.

tan tui made me have steady gait and step

2. My cousins always shuai jiao me

need to learn shuai jiao, so that I did not eat dirts all the time

dirts eating gave me diahrea.

3. I was weak and feeble

long fist made me "strong", basically stretching arms and legs.

4, a getaway after household chores

do something different

5. something to do in the park

6. the humid weather made me sweat a lot, do some qi gong to cool me down

7. what silk PJ? it was a pair of cotton sweat pants and shirtless but a towel and a bucket of cool water, my body would be covered with sweat soon.

8. China had culture revolution, no tma practice. In Taiwan, there was a cultural renaissance. Must practice to preserve physical culture.

9. understanding what other people are doing in the park every morning

10. my health dictated me to do some physical exercise every day.

to get a girl to kiss you, may be a brocade of roses and a card

some tried chocolate or sweet green bean cake with a message hidden inside

or just whisper that you luv her

or

TMA had nothing to do with wooing a girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hunstad View Post
    10. I look great in silk PJ's.
    9. It gives me something to do between episodes of Caprica and Dancing with the Stars.
    8. I get a great workout without even sweating!
    7. It gives me self-defense skills for real world applications (by using toy replicas of 500 year old weapons many of which weren't even very effective back then).
    6. I mimic the movements of animals in order to gain their mental and physical attributes....I especially like the "donkey" style. Oops, that was a typo, I meant "monkey" style.
    5. I get a great sense of accomplishment. It's only gonna take $5,000 and/or 15 more tests until I reach my black belt. The same is true for my 8 year old nephew.
    4. It teaches 27 different ways to escape a double lapel grab. I'll show you....grab here...and..oops. I wasn't ready. Try again to grab me....oops...aw shucks.....
    3. It teaches goal setting. For example, this year I set two goals: 1) to move out of my parents house and 2) to actually kiss a girl. Yes I do know it's October and I haven't done either one yet. Yes I do know I'm 43 years old. What's your point?
    2. Internal TMA is a complete system- it's all you need. Practice it and you don't need a job, you don't need money, you don't need a girlfriend, you don't need a life....
    1. It's a hell of a lotta fun!!!!

Eric Hunstad
    www.OldSchoolKungFuNow.com

Dude, you support tcma right? Your post points clearly at what is wrong with it. Unless you meant it as a parody. I have not read the mma one yet.

Titusville, Florida (Floridas East Coast)
    I meant it to point out that we all have things we can laugh about ourselves and we all shouldn't take ourselves so seriously (myself included). TMA/MMA I love it all, but the endless bickering here is driving me crazy....

Eric,
    LOL! Good post!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Blog Entries
    I meant it to point out that we all have things we can laugh about ourselves and we all shouldn't take ourselves so seriously (myself included). TMA/MMA I love it all, but the endless bickering here is driving me crazy....
    i agree. good post too
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

I only have one reason

It pays the bills.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Blog Entries
    I like TCMA:

1. equipment training. Even today, I still cannot find any modern training method that can replace the TCMA "tree hanging". I like modern Kelly Bell training but I like TCMA stone lock training better.
    2. 5 elements combat strategies.
    3. general combat theory.
    4. set up combos.
    5. body unification principle.
    6. body guide limbs principle.
    7. 2 men drills training.
    8. speed traing.
    9. power generation training.
    10. black hands training.

This may sound like serious response but this is a serious subject. I may lost faith in God but I will never lost faith in TCMA.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-19-2010 at 03:18 PM.

what is black hand training?

you mean hidden hand or very tenacious hand method?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    what is black hand training?

you mean hidden hand or very tenacious hand method?

黑手之意,為隱而未現,難於察覺,走奇峰,用巧招,直攻人性暗理處的弱點,用式講求精妙神絕,為古人摔跤無 數先聖先賢的心血結晶,絕對不是心狠手辣,歹毒陰險,下毒手之意。

This is not a proper subject to be discussed on the internet. The 黑手(black hand) was used in the ancient time to deal with "unfriendly challengers". The purpose is to cause some serious (even permenate) body injury on your opponent, so your bad reputation will spread out, and discourage other challengers to knock on your door. Those moves look like regular moves but you add few tricks into it. It's hard to detect and most of the time your opponent may think it's just an accident, and nobody may even know that you did it "on purpose".

You will find some "black hand" in these 2 clips.

http://johnswang.com/sc19.wmv
    http://johnswang.com/sc23.wmv
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-19-2010 at 08:12 PM.

you know who, at 38 seconds we actually have that shua chiao throw its called bung tiao. cool clip
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    黑手之意,為隱而未現,難於察覺,走奇峰,用巧招,直攻人性暗理處的弱點,用式講求精妙神絕,為古人摔跤無 數先聖先賢的心血結晶,絕對不是心狠手辣,歹毒陰險,下毒手之意。

This is not a proper subject to be discussed on the internet. The 黑手(black hand) was used in the ancient time to deal with "unfriendly challengers". The purpose is to cause some serious (even permenate) body injury on your opponent, so your bad reputation will spread out, and discourage other challengers to knock on your door. Those moves look like regular moves but you add few tricks into it. It's hard to detect and most of the time your opponent may think it's just an accident, and nobody may even know that you did it "on purpose".

You will find some "black hand" in these 2 clips.

http://johnswang.com/sc19.wmv
    http://johnswang.com/sc23.wmv
    what movie is that

i wanna see it.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Blog Entries
    Jiao Wang - Wrestling King, If you understand Chinese, you can watch it online.

http://v.sogou.com/series/jiaowang.html

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Jiao Wang - Wrestling King, If you understand Chinese, you can watch it online.

http://v.sogou.com/series/jiaowang.html
    John, i am from Liaoning....
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    John, i am from Liaoning....
    No Kidding? I'm from Liaoning too. Just send you a PM.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-20-2010 at 03:51 AM.