Thread: king of fighters

king of fighters

this one was totally under the radar, i didnt even no about till variety reported maggie q joining the cast. the film is already filming in vancouver gordan chan of all people is directing. dont know much kinda dont care much about it either. but i did love the game and the comics.

oh sweet news. im betting on lots of action.

king of fighters was the bomb back in the day.

there was this game that came out a few years ago, SVC Chaos. was like street fighter vs SNK, had some king of fighters on it and some samurai showdown guys.

was pretty fun, till the teenagers would come and steal my quarters by whooping my arse
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Glad you brought this to our attention

Gordon Chan, Sean Faris, Ray Park, Will Yun Lee and David Leitch... Françoise Yip too according to IMDB... innerestin...

Maggie Q is queen of "Fighters"
    Written by Patrick Frater
    Thursday, 18 December 2008

HONG KONG -- Action star Maggie Q ("Live Free or Die Hard") has joined the cast of "King of Fighters," an English-language, live-action adaptation of a bestselling Japanese vidgame now lensing in Vancouver.

Helmed by Hong Kong's Gordon Chan, pic also stars Sean Faris, Ray Park, Will Yun Lee and David Leitch, who doubles as action choreographer.

The $12 million actioner is a co-production of Taiwan's Double Edge Entertainment, Japan's Micott & Basara, Inferno Entertainment from the U.S., the U.K.'s Scion Films, Axis Entertainment, Convergence Entertainment and Singapore's Innoform Media.

Production will wrap in mid-January, with the pic skedded for delivery in the third quarter of 2009.

Micott has rights in Japan and South Korea, Innoform has rights in Singapore and Malaysia, and Inferno takes the rest of the world. Sony has a first-look deal with Inferno for North America.

Q, who began her movie career in Hong Kong, is the first film star to feature in a vidgame by Electronic Arts. She fronts "Need for Speed: Undercover," the latest version of EA's street racing game.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Q, who began her movie career in Hong Kong, is the first film star to feature in a vidgame by Electronic Arts. She fronts "Need for Speed: Undercover," the latest version of EA's street racing game
    thats incorrect ray liotta was the voice and pattern for grand theft auto vice city.

plus the first need for speed underground no original xbox had some famous chick too. dunno if she was a super famous actress though.

carmen something or other ... i think
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

oh and also patrick stuart has been a voice actor in numerous games.

im sure there are tons more.

So is this who Maggie Q is going to be playing?

A production trailer

King of Fighters
    Ray Park is in Heroes now. Took him a long time to be able to be on screen without make up....
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Haha. I was right, Maggie Q is the Mai.

King Of Figthers

I have wasted many many coins and hours on this game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_of_Fighters_(film)

you gotta do some search fu, man. cause we started this thread already...well apparently i started it, two years ago.

http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52781

i feel the force of gene's merge fu even as we speak.