Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choy Lay Fut Fist

Blog Entries
    whats Chow Lee Fut?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

It's a hybrid style with some added capoeira for flash.
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)

Wow, looks like it is full of some bad@ss scenes
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

geek hat...............on.

My only complaint is the camera work. Its digital HD. Which is a bit of a pain for focus art. They would have done better with a film solution or a better lighting scheme. Its too "T.V."

That is what they said - it is a movie based on true stories of some modern time CLF masters. But the movie season is very crowded. So I will also be very selective, and pick other movies to watch in the theatre. According to current movie release rate on TV, it will probably available in the local TV stations two years later. I do not mind to watch it on TV then.

KC
    Hong Kong

Yeah, but it still doesn't have to look tv. And by tv I mean these stark, flat focused, single point in the room, scenes. Like soap operas. Camera movement is very important. Even more so are the lighting issues in HD. The picture is just too perfect. lighting has to be way more subtle.

the movie is very low budget and bad. a much better indie kung fu movie that came out this year is the gallants

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Choy Li Fut Fist

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Is this the beginning of a trend to bring back traditional kung fu to cinema? I hope so.
    Gene ,

Do you know when this movie is scheduled to be released ? I would ' nt mine seeing it . I like Ip Man , Ip man 2 , and the new hero was born . A good wing chun movie ,
    I did ' nt even know that they were producing a choy li fut movie until I read this thread , but gene thanks for the information .

Thanks ,
    Lance

Choi Li Fut Movie

http://www.qiyi.com/dianying/2011071...33f658b48.html

Enjoy.

Small part by Sammo Hung in there. Also that guy who played the husband of that landlady woman in Kung Fu Hustle is playing the main Choi Li Fut teacher.