Thread: Chinese hopping vampire

Threaded View

Chinese hopping vampire

Hello people of kung fu magazine im making this thread to accumulate information on the Chinese vampire here is a little info i got on it please everyone share your knowledge

J
    iang Shi (traditional Chinese: ½©ŒÆ or š™ŒÆ; simplified Chinese: ½©Ê¬; pinyin: ji¨¡ngsh¨©; literally "stiff corpse"), sometimes called Chinese vampires by Westerners, are reanimated corpses that hop around, killing living creatures to absorb life essence (Æø/šâq¨¬) from their victims. ji¨¡ngsh¨© is pronounced geungsi in Cantonese, gangshi in Korean, and "kyonsh¨©" in Japanese. They are said to be created when a person's soul (ÆÇ p¨°) fails to leave the deceased's body, due to improper death, suicide, or just wanting to cause trouble. Generally their appearance can range from plain ordinary (as in the case of a recently deceased person) to downright horrifying (i.e. rotting flesh, stiffness, rigor mortis, the like commonly associated with corpses that have been in a state of decay over a period of time) An unusual feature of folklore is their greenish-white furry skin; one theory is this is derived from fungus or mould growing on corpses. They are said to have long white hair all over their heads.[1] The influence of Western vampire stories brought the blood-sucking aspect to the Chinese myth in modern times. In fact, Dracula is translated to Chinese as "blood-sucking ji¨¡ngsh¨©" where the thirst of blood is explicitly emphasized because it is not a traditional trait of a ji¨¡ngsh¨©

i got this information from land of fu forum if you need an invite pm me thank you all an enjoy the info
    Last edited by holdenwuchi; 08-27-2010 at 10:16 PM.