Thread: The Expendables II

Hybrid View

If they could get him, I think Seagal would make a good villain in Pt. 2.

its not if they can get him...cause they dont want him..stallone thinks both him and van damme are nuts.

i think jcvd would beat jet li in a real fight so i can understand it, as a martial artist, but as an actor its completely different.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I always thought William Forsythe played good villains, but I don't think he'd be considered a choice by Stallone, at least not as a main villain. It would be hilarious if Chuck Norris played the villain (doesn't even have to be a fighting villain, either). They could play on all the Chuck Norris jokes, and if they did it subtley, but still made him this super-bad@$$, it might work. I'm sure Chuck wouldn't do it, though.

What you talking 'bout Willis?

Sorry, couldn't resist that title....

Aug 30 2010 12:40 PM ET
    Reasons why Bruce Willis should do 'The Expendables' sequel
    by Mandi Bierly
    Categories: Middle-Aged Butt-Kicking, Movies

The-ExpendablesSylvester Stallone is moving forward with plotting a sequel to The Expendables, which has now grossed an estimated $82 million domestically. According to his Twitter page*, he’s busy thinking of the most dangerous places to set the film and trying to talk Bruce Willis into playing its super villain. Reasons why Bruce should say yes:

1. The Expendables ($35 million) outperformed 2007′s Live Free or Die Hard in its opening weekend ($33 million), and Live Free or Die Hard was Willis’ best live-action, non-cameo opening weekend since 1998′s Armageddon ($36 million). Moral: Audiences like to see Bruce Willis blow sh– up, and Stallone will most definitely hand him a detonator (or 20).

2. As much as we like the young guns in The Expendables, there was a different kind of electricity when Stallone and Willis shared the screen. They are equals. And that makes for a good antagonist.

3. We’ve already established that Bruce’s character in the Expendables world is bald. We like him bald.

4. We’ve been trained to root for Bruce in action films. Having to root against him — interesting.

5. If this kind of ensemble movie doesn’t live up to expectations, fans will be disappointed (see: 2004′s Ocean’s Twelve), but we will get over it (see: George Clooney’s career since then). You’ve really got nothing to lose. Have fun, Bruce. Go play with Sly in some jungle.

Feel free to add to the list below.

* Sly’s follow list is the world’s eighth wonder: In addition to Harry Knowles, Steve Austin, Jon Favreau, and Bill O’Reilly (all understandable), there’s Howie Mandel and Kim Kardashian.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

OMG, that would totally be awesome. Willis, Seagal, Van could team up as the bad guys but how about Mr Terminator?

There's 4 people that Sly needs to get onboard if he wants the second Expendables to be as successful as the first. Leo Fong, Ron Van Clief, Brigitte Nielson and Richard Harrison.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i think jcvd would beat jet li in a real fight so i can understand it, as a martial artist, but as an actor its completely different.

really????????

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    No way, Jet Li actually had a San Shou record when he was coming up.

Vandam was a Fraud, who never actually competed in the tournaments he claimed he won. His biggest role was playing the lead role in a movie, that was supposed to be a true story....that turned out to have been totally made up by the guy it was about in the first place.

So you had a real movie, about a guy who turned out to be a fraud, that was portrayed by another fraud, both with Ego's the size of the sun....

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    No way, Jet Li actually had a San Shou record when he was coming up.

Vandam was a Fraud, who never actually competed in the tournaments he claimed he won. His biggest role was playing the lead role in a movie, that was supposed to be a true story....that turned out to have been totally made up by the guy it was about in the first place.

So you had a real movie, about a guy who turned out to be a fraud, that was portrayed by another fraud, both with Ego's the size of the sun....
    jet li never had a san shou record...all his stuff was for wushu forms...dont even think they had san shou back in those days.

Doug is correct. Jet Li was a champion in forms, not fighting. In fact, Jet Li has admitted more than once that he does not know how to fight for real. He's a master of performance and film fighting, but that's a whole different ballgame.

As to whether Van Damme could actually beat Jet Li or vice versa, who cares?

dude we all know Dolph Lungran is the most bad ass mother on the set. couture wishes he could shoot on him... lol just trolling in here.