Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: St. Louis "YKS" WCK

St. Louis "YKS" WCK

http://www.youtube.com/user/stan4900#p/a

Remember 'Yoshi' and his so-called YKS WCK (headed by Eddie Ma and Lee McField) group in St. Louis? This will give you a good idea of what they do.

Yoshiyahu YKS Wing Chun

Yes that is my Senior Brother in the Wing Chun. I believe this video is just a basic beginner drill. Or as we say Basic self defense techniques. But I am sure my brother would love to demostrate with you that his Wing Chun is battlefield ready anytime you want to meet at forest park. I will also tell him that you liked his videos.

Thanks for the publicity!

This video is just a prelimary run before actually putting quality videos up. Also please check the Sil Lim Tau videos!

If your in St.Louis and wish to spar him let me know. I will pass the word on!
    Last edited by Yoshiyahu; 08-12-2010 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Giving Paul Neihoff and open invitiation
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Dude, just one word of advice:
    NEVER, EVER reach for or teach reach for punches, EVER.
    It's just wrong.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

question?

Define what you mean by reach for punches? What does this mean?

The guy is defending against punches he is not reaching out to intercept them!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    It's just wrong.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

It's just wrong.
    That's the least of their problems.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    I will give you that. Unfortunately, you are going to provide us with an alternative solution that will be equally unworkable so the conversations is dead here.

It would be entertaining to compare a vid of St Louis "CSL" WCK against the one provided of St Louis "YKS" WCK.
    Last edited by anerlich; 08-12-2010 at 08:30 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    It would be entertaining to compare a vid of St Louis "CSL" WCK against the one provided of St Louis "YKS" WCK.
    Well, you won't see a video of St. Louis CSL WCK as there is no St. Louis CSL WCK.

http://www.youtube.com/user/stan4900#p/a

Remember 'Yoshi' and his so-called YKS WCK (headed by Eddie Ma and Lee McField) group in St. Louis? This will give you a good idea of what they do.
    Did a woman say, have you seen my .38? around :40 in the clip? I've heard that St. Louis is a rough town. . . . lol
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Well, its the easiest to fix, LOL !

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Define what you mean by reach for punches? What does this mean?

The guy is defending against punches he is not reaching out to intercept them!
    He is reaching out to "block" and that is a big no-no.
    In other words, his defending hand is moving TOO far away from his body, leaving him open to counters, fakes and being hit by flying woodland creatures.

Dude, basic defense 101: Never do more than you have to, to defend against anything.
    Extending your defense to "block" or "intercept" brings your limb to far out where it can be contolled, trapped and immobilised and leaves your body and head open for strikes, not to mention that if the initial strike is a fake, your "block" will be blocking nothing and you will be more open.

He is reaching out to "block" and that is a big no-no.
    In other words, his defending hand is moving TOO far away from his body, leaving him open to counters, fakes and being hit by flying woodland creatures.

Dude, basic defense 101: Never do more than you have to, to defend against anything.
    Extending your defense to "block" or "intercept" brings your limb to far out where it can be contolled, trapped and immobilised and leaves your body and head open for strikes, not to mention that if the initial strike is a fake, your "block" will be blocking nothing and you will be more open.
    He reached for a couple, the real issue isn't so much reaching is that they were being stationary, probably for the camera. WC parries require footwork. Something is lost when you just stand there. This is where the debate about peopled adding hard blocks and covers to WC comes in. If you get caught stationary like that the WC parries no longer work the way they are supposed to.

Those punches were pretty sloppy. It could be the result of realizing that he could not give real energy if they were to just stand there stationary. How much of that would have been on camera if real energy were given? However, the way that he was dropping the wu sao/guard while punching and leaving their chins up ridiculously was loosing him some credibility.

Well, you won't see a video of St. Louis CSL WCK as there is no St. Louis CSL WCK.
    That's for sure, at least not from you!
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    That's for sure, at least not from you!
    Of course not from me. CSL WCK is a curriculum, and I don't teach so I have no need for a curriculum.

Best quote in a long time. Flying woodland creatures painted a wonderful and funny picture in my head.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels