Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Real life Michelle Yeoh SuperCop

im still waiting for a real police officer to comment on this...thats the opinion that matters. most of us are civilians even if there are some soldiers up here your opinion kinda doesnt count because you are not law enforcement your job is not to protect and serve no offense...i mean it is but more on the protect and serve the country but not as local law enforcement officers. but i want to hear a real officers opinion on the matter.... should she have shot to kill him or was the shots that put him down enough? i think once the girl was out of harms way that was enough, after that the guy has a bunch of guns in his face he isnt mentally disturbed or anything plus his body would begin to go in shock from the bullet wounds he sustained im no expert on the subject but how much of a fight can he put up?

chinese martial arts need the spirit of that woman. i hope she gets a promotion

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    im still waiting for a real police officer to comment on this...thats the opinion that matters. most of us are civilians even if there are some soldiers up here your opinion kinda doesnt count because you are not law enforcement your job is not to protect and serve no offense...i mean it is but more on the protect and serve the country but not as local law enforcement officers. but i want to hear a real officers opinion on the matter.... should she have shot to kill him or was the shots that put him down enough? i think once the girl was out of harms way that was enough, after that the guy has a bunch of guns in his face he isnt mentally disturbed or anything plus his body would begin to go in shock from the bullet wounds he sustained im no expert on the subject but how much of a fight can he put up?
    Key point, the man was stabbing the woman with scissors according to the video. He crossed the line of "negotiations" the moment he began cutting her.

He got what he had coming. Even in America they would shoot a guy who is stabbing someone in front of cops.
    I have a signature.

I was a training member of the Prison SERT team for 6 months.

Once a hostage is injured it is "open season".

There is no visual evidence to tell us whether the guy was "permanently" down with the first shot or not!

Not everyone reacts to being seriously injured the same way. It isn't like the movies where you get shot, stabbed or struck and you immediately fall down and don't get up, or curl up into a ball and cry, especially with the mentally deranged.

I had an inmate pull his bed out of the wall about 3 inches during a psychotic episode one time, the bed was cemented into the wall!

When in doubt, the safety of the officer and the hostage come first, worry about the assailant after he is permanently down.

We were trained, "two to the chest" and then "one to the brain" if the assailant did not stop approaching during an assault!

i dont think it wouldve went down like that...in the states because thats a lawsuit right there, but honestly the one was shooting to kill, because after the first shot or two the hostage was clear the tactical team couldve moved in and subdued him...but the women office was aiming to kill the man...and then was laughing about it, which is a true sign of a sociopath.
    Spoken like someone who has no idea how hard it is to STOP shooting.

If I am in fear of my life or the life of someone else and I get to the moral place where I deliberately clear leather and fire two quick shots only a UTTER FOOL is going to count on me stopping till at least half the clip is gone.

As far as her laughing.. I'm sure she will wake up screaming at night in the future.
    That "OMG I'm alive and only the bad guy died" feeling will quickly give way to dreams and nightmares where "she" is the "bad guy" and is begging some faceless figure in her dream not to shoot as she's gunned down.

Good for the lady cop. The definition of a "peace officer" (as opposed to a LAW enforcement officer.. who everyone here knows I ain't so fond of) is to "enforce the peace". If someone is "breaching the peace" in a potentially lethal, continuing and volitional way then "justice" is that they be stopped. Period.

Again.. he "breached the peace". She "restored the peace". It was a righteous shooting no question.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Hostage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsPaqWTLUN4

Has this been posted yet in here??? took a look, didnt see it... crazy video of chinese police work... well executed... but this woman will never forget that feeling...

also did anyone see that clip of the guy with a gun in a chair all surrounded and aggravated... and then sharpshooters shot the gun out of his hand... he just sat there all dumbfounded... i'll try to find it if no oones seen it... pretty sure it was viral tho...

Well done.
    Superbly executed, pardon the pun.

Snipers are the bets bet for those situations, there are a few shut-down points that when hit there is nothing the hostage taker can do, regardless of what he is holding, gun or otherwise.
    She deserves a commendation, that was just superb work.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    haha well timed indeed. Waiting for him to take his eyes down for one second and then she went for it. Capped his a$$ 4 times, lol making sure he wasn't getting back up.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

hey i didnt see this thread... and i looked too...

yeah it was pretty well executed... takes cajones to do that, esspecially in the way she did it... no messing around... one to take down and a few more center mass to be sure... eerie stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by PHILBERT View Post
    And in America they would give him everything he wanted before arresting him, giving him a fair trial, etc.
    where in america would that be? lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Excellent work. Laugh was "Spontaneous", emotional release from relief from stress. Can also "erupt" from sexual release. Natural occurance in this situation. Judge not.

yeah i think that once she decided to fire her weapon, him dying was going to happen by any means necessary... if you threaten some persons life like that you pretty much give up any right to personal safety you had prior to the attack... i think nerves and adrenalin are screaming and its not a matter of stopping before he gets more hurt than needed, its a matter of him just not getting up at all, ever, no matter what...

all law aside... if its me and you have a hostage, you forfiet(sp) your right to live... a dead criminally mentally disturbed person is better than a dead inoscent victim... and if they arent crazy, they should already know that what they are doing pretty much seals their fate... if things are so bad you take hostages out of selfish fear after being cornered, you dont deserve to live... property crimes are fogivable... taking anyone off the street and threatening their life in order to save your own a s s after you already done f u c k e d up your situation beyond redemption is simply unforgivable... i dont really care if you couldve changed or not later on in life... if you wanna live, give yourself up... simple... if it has to end any other way, saving the perp isnt really anyones first concern, i dont think...

Hey doug - what happens is .. even if he's down.. he can still pop back up do a full 180 and stab you before u pull the trigger - just do a pushup hard and see how fast u can get up .. here's an american cop who wasn't properly trained R.I.P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PSE-...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by ChinoXL View Post
    Hey doug - what happens is .. even if he's down.. he can still pop back up do a full 180 and stab you before u pull the trigger - just do a pushup hard and see how fast u can get up .. here's an american cop who wasn't properly trained R.I.P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PSE-...layer_embedded
    daamn... what was he thinking??? the guy shouldve been dead by 1:45... sooner would have been completely justified...

cops shouldnt ride alone PERIOD... i dont care about the money aspect... to ask somebody to potentially end up in a situation like this alone is rediculous... even if he followed procedure it wouldve been a tough call... and had he went after the guy in the first place he still had to worry about the other guy in the truck, who had the rifle at that time... how do you handle that alone? insist they stay where they are till you get help??? two guys will usually win against one, thats just how it is...

i didnt condemn her...i just pointed out that killing someone and having no remorse what so ever is a sign of being a sociopath...you know how many people are sociopaths in this world? the number would alarm you... i mean honestly whether she did the right thing or not depends on how you view it...in the US. the rule for police is perserve life...., there is a reason why we have trained hostage negotiators and guess what they work, we see it on the news all the time..sometimes it ends tragically but thats after every option was explored...was every option explored in this situation? idk it just seems like they asked him to let the girl go for an hour or so kept giving him water then finally said **** it this **** is taking to long and put a couple of hot ones in him...then after the officer was laughing, and im sorry but that wasnt a nervous laugh.. im not condemning im making an observation.
    have you ever been in a similar situation ?
    thought not

Guess by you standard all soldiers in the field are sociopath