Thread: Finally! A Twilight Saga thread

Hybrid View

I have found the cure for this Twilight madness...enjoy.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...IXMRvKSYYSWNvg
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

And the thread goes on

Sorry HH & DJ. It's martial arts pop cult news and worthy of repeating here. Gentlemen, meet BooBoo.

BooBoo Stewart: martial arts to 'Breaking Dawn'
    Wed, Nov 23 9:21 AM ET
    by Alex Prewitt

BooBoo Stewart may play a wolf on screen, but he moves like a ninja in real life.

The 17-year-old jack-of-all-trades stars as Seth Clearwater in "Breaking Dawn," the latest installment of the "Twilight" series. After hanging around his father, a stunt coordinator, on sets when he was younger, Stewart became hooked. At age 10, he did his first stunt, playing a little Indian boy who got hit over the head with a tomahawk. That's when he knew he wanted to get into the business.

Tommaso Boddi/FilmMagicBooBoo Stewart won the Junior Martial Arts World Championship in 2002 and 2003.

Never did he imagine things would happen so quickly.

"Yeah, it's crazy," Stewart said. "'Twilight' has been such a major thing for my career. I just got back from a premiere in Denmark, and after that night, I thought, 'Oh my gosh, this is insane. Being part of 'Twilight' is amazing. So many people are trying to do what I'm doing right now, it's really an awesome feeling."

"Awesome" only begins to describes Stewart's talents. Save his on-screen chops as a wolf, he plays guitar and sings in a band with his two sisters which got a record deal with Walt Disney records, and he'll star as Nick Young, a teenager with Asperger's Syndrome in the 2012 film "White Frog."

CGI took care of the fighting sequences in "Twilight," but Stewart could have probably held his own pretty well. He won the Junior Martial Arts World Championship in 2002 and 2003, but is fairly humble about his days wielding weapons and sparring.

"I don't really bring it up, people just find out. I just think it's cool," Stewart said. "They think it's crazy, it's so crazy to be a World Champion so young. I don't know what I really think about it. It's just … it's a really neat thing to do, so hopefully I can return to it one day."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

as per genes request!!!

so i took my niece to see this last night...and....i was bored out of my mind...not saying it was bad or good...just boring. up until the last 30mins. then it picks up and its over,lol...even if you dont really know the series too well like me you can piece it all together if you listen..i must admit kristen stewart has come a long way from the muttering studdering actress who looked like it was hard for her to breath. she seemed much more comfortable as an actress, which bolds well for snow white and akira, ill say this if she does well in snow white then i will see akira. my confidence in her as an actress is still shaky. the native actors and actresses in it were great and its too bad you dont see more native american actors in movies, sad actually. the male leads hold there own in the film in terms of acting i cant really fault any of them...watching my niece watched the movie and her cringing at parts and covering her eyes at others i realized that its more about the characters then the people who play them, to see them on screen is what excites fans. to be honest harry potter was a much better series for me, much more interesting and watchable. i guess i would give this a 3 out of 5. because the last 30 mins was really good. also if you are going to see this stay during the credits as their is a really interesting cut scene with some dastardly looking villains.