Thread: Finally! A Twilight Saga thread

Hybrid View

Gene there are some things grown men shouldn't do...and Twilight is foremost amongst them. Please lock this thread asap!

Now if you wanted to start a Sokie Stackhouse thread...thats an entirely different story.
    Last edited by Hebrew Hammer; 07-02-2010 at 06:20 AM.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Now, now, HH, I didn't even know who Sokie Stackhouse was until you mentioned her.

Actually, Google tells me it's Sookie. Design Sifu has been talking up True Blood a lot lately, but frankly, I'm just not that into vampires. I suppose Sookie might be an exception.

I thought about putting this on the Airbender thread, but I'm hoping someone here will bite the bullet for us here and review the kung fu fighting in the Twilight saga.
    Jackson Rathbone - Kung Fu training for previous flick helped him with Eclipse
    By Sophie Eager Jul 1, 2010, 18:55 GMT

Eclipse star Jackson Rathbone said his Kung Fu training for a previous movie helped him with his stunts in the new flick.

Rathbone, 25, plays the role of vampire Jasper Cullen in the popular film franchise and admitted he trained in Kung Fu for two months for his previous movie Airbender, which helped him film Eclipse.

He said to J-14 magazine: 'I did Airbender before Eclipse. That was really handy because by the time we filmed Eclipse, I had lots of Kung Fu training behind me.

'I was able to keep going with movie stunts that I had already been exposed to. I had done a lot of movie stunts so it was very serendipitous.'
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

According to IMDB, Isaacs is the voice of General Zhao in Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Admiral Zhao, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    So does Lautner do any decent martial arts in Twilight? Werewolf fu? I guess I'm on Team Jacob.

Hold the phone, Isaacs is Malfoy? Malfoy vs. Jacob? If only I could get a kung fu Harry Potter thread going...if only... Do we need an Abduction thread?
    airbender while it was a critical mess, actually it is the worse reviewed movie of the year thus far...its like i been saying kids dont read reviews...my 14 year old nephew actually enjoyed the movie(note he has only been to a movie theater three times in his whole life so idk how credible his assessment is) it made almost half its original budget of 150mil(give or take) so we can expect a sequel to the film, even if it suffers a30-40% drop off next week(my current projection) this film is on its way to making a profit....paramount was smart to put this film in 3d even thou its useless, 3d tickets are almost 20bucks, twice the amount of a regular movie ticket(basing it off the average ticket price in new york city, so it may vary). we can expect sequels lets just hope M.night wont be at the helm of them.

as for twilight, im not really a fan of the series. but i will admit to renting them on netflix when they come out just to stay current, plus i have control and can fast forward when it gets boring or if kristen stewart god forbid has a monologue(talk about gawd awefull acting, bleh) if she is the standard for young hollywood its no wonder they got the new spider man from england. anyway i think the second part was better then the first and i heard the third is better then the second, hopefully so ill find out in a few months,lol.

when did kfm become a bathhouse?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    when did kfm become a bathhouse?
    who wants to take a bath with me??