Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TCMA reality - MIA

TCMA reality - MIA

When I get a moment, less and less now as the school grows so big, I read the board here. Honestly, it depresses me (sorry Gene) because more and more the reality of what TCMA was is missing in action (MIA)

A few of us on here apparently still have had contact with the "old timers" and may have actually trained in a Chinatown and seen first hand what really was going on

But I know at least one person who DID that and yet their posts still spew the kool-aid infected drivel that frauds are selling the stupid

I think in a few years, all that will be left is this "new age" kung fu, out of the kung fu movie box, with wushu razzle dazzle, kung fu TV series fake philosophy and la-la larping

I must say the only thing that gives me hope is Kennedy's books, which unfortunately the trols will never read
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Brian's stuff is excellent, both of them.
    But you do have a point.
    Thing is, YOU are as much to blame as everyone else.
    Why you ask?
    because you DIDN'T open a practical Kung fu school did you? nope, you opened up a "kick boxing gym".
    Sorry bro, but you took the easy and profitable way out and in dong so, are as much to blame as others.
    Sure your MA is practical, no doubt.
    Look at Mike, he is passing on TCMA in a practical way.

Don't mean to bust your balls and you know I love your kosher ass ( in a non-spartan way), but I do have a point, don't I?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

You don't need to apologize to me, lkfmdc...

...especially if you're the one who's depressed. You should be Happy. There wasn't a dwarf named Weepy, was there?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

pwned by Paul....
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    must say the only thing that gives me hope is Kennedy's books, which unfortunately the trols will never read
    what is this book you speak of? seriously i might pick it up if I can find it.

No need to be depressed. We all look at the past and say, "wow them were the good ol' days" just the facts of life, things change, for better or worse they change.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    thanks.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Brian's stuff is excellent, both of them.
    But you do have a point.
    Thing is, YOU are as much to blame as everyone else.
    Why you ask?
    because you DIDN'T open a practical Kung fu school did you? nope, you opened up a "kick boxing gym".
    Sorry bro, but you took the easy and profitable way out and in dong so, are as much to blame as others.
    Sure your MA is practical, no doubt.
    Look at Mike, he is passing on TCMA in a practical way.

Don't mean to bust your balls and you know I love your kosher ass ( in a non-spartan way), but I do have a point, don't I?
    I can name ten people on here who were inspired by you and others to modernize their approach. All have wider experience due to it, and are becoming better fighters. And are just started at it, but are at the cusp of being sifus(or already are), and are better for it.

Comments like these above are cutting their legs out from under them as well. If you're not reading the forum that much, odds are you're not in a position to comment on it much, either.

I'll own up to being one of those people. There is definately a core of individuals on this forum whos advice/experience I read closely and consider heavily.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Yes, I've become more and more aware of the other guys in the same boat as me, and it's not a bad boat. Sure, it's got its tools, but they're just there in case we run out of sirloin to feed us on the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I'll own up to being one of those people. There is definately a core of individuals on this forum whos advice/experience I read closely and consider heavily.

definitely. There are people here whose posts I look forward to, because you know something insightful will be in it.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Yep, its pretty much the only reason I continue coming here....that and the witty repertoire.

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I think in a few years, all that will be left is this "new age" kung fu, out of the kung fu movie box, with wushu razzle dazzle, kung fu TV series fake philosophy and la-la larping
    In a few more years THIS will be traditional kung fu because tradition is nothing more that something that has been done for a long period of time!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    In a few more years THIS will be traditional kung fu because tradition is nothing more that something that has been done for a long period of time!
    yes, pretty soon we'll be distinctulating between traditional across-the-street stalking and new-fangled, cross-streeting, mixed-modern-stalking with no respect for how the old-timers did it...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    yes, pretty soon we'll be distinctulating between traditional across-the-street stalking and new-fangled, cross-streeting, mixed-modern-stalking with no respect for how the old-timers did it...
    YEAH!!!!! What's that all about??? Kids these days! They just don't know proper stalk......er.....I mean surveillance technique!!!!!

Its because of all these new Mc-surveillance schools in every strip mall down the street making you sign contracts and offering Dora the explorer maps and backpacks and monkeys and stuff like that!