Thread: Last Minute Alittle Advice Needed None Political

Exclamation Last Minute Alittle Advice Needed None Political

There's 2 schools 2 chose from..LT and Kenneth Cheung (Ben Der) San Jose Cali 25 to 95 min drive respectively.

I don't have enough knowledge or insight but speed being what "can be" a killer. Delivering a ground rooted committed strike with power is equally important.

I'm sure alot of u r well verse with LT but what about Kenneth Cheung, he teaches out of Sanford University in Palo Alto Cali but Sifu Ben Der oversees the San Jose school.

I don't mind the distance but I always believe in making the 1st step whenever possibly. I'm in this for the long haul, no rush, fame, fortune or politics applies here.

Thanks

My lineage and footwork are different from both-but given what you list I would pick Kenneth Chung or Ben Der over the LT schools.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    My lineage and footwork are different from both-but given what you list I would pick Kenneth Chung or Ben Der over the LT schools.

joy chaudhuri
    It depends, go to each school and see... But in general knowing nothing I'd agree with the above.

What do you want to get out of it?
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

There are a bunch of schools in the bay area, and they all have something different to offer. I myself study with Ken and pop into Ben's from time to time. Feel free to drop by either class to check us out, or send me a private message if you have any questions.

Alan

Sifu Ken and Sifu Ben are both amazing. I was particularly impressed by Sifu Ben's students' combination of mobility and rootedness, as well as their soft hands.
    JK-
    "Sex on TV doesn't hurt unless you fall off."

Why are you starting WCK in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post

joy chaudhuri
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    Why are you starting WCK in the first place?
    I assume because he is smart and intelligent, and he knows what he wants for a good reason!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    I assume because he is smart and intelligent, and he knows what he wants for a good reason!
    Congratulations, HD108! That was the best post you've ever written. Straight up, honest, to the point, with none of your other soapbox grandstanding.
    If you keep on posting like that, people will start to take you seriously.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post

Thank u))))

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Congratulations, HD108! That was the best post you've ever written.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers
    Straight up, honest, to the point, with none of your other soapbox grandstanding.
    All my but all my posts are honest!

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers
    If you keep on posting like that, people will start to take you seriously.
    Some people here do take my mosts seriously, and "some" is a good number in a world, and a forum filled with Mcdojo "kung fu-ists".
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 07-06-2010 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas82555 View Post
    Thank u))))
    You are very welcome.

I don't have enough knowledge or insight but speed being what "can be" a killer. Delivering a ground rooted committed strike with power is equally important.
    LT schools tend to be, well...controversial at times but it does depend on the school.
    So it may not be fair to right off ANY school right off the bat, try them all and see which YOU feel more comfortable in, in the end THAT will be the deciding factor in how long you stay.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !