Thread: FOB monks

Hybrid View

FOB monks

I gave up keeping track of the new monks coming to America. At our last TCKFMC, about a dozen monks came in. You can see their performance in our DVD. I didn't even bother to learn all their names. Last Saturday, I saw a small troupe of about half a dozen new monks at Berkeley CMAT 18. I didn't bother to engage them. There's just too many now.

But still, all that being said, I feel there's a place for this thread now and will start to list new monks as I get to know them here. I hope some of you other Shaolin family will help me in this endeavor.

I'll start with the new one at our school, USA O-Mei Kung Fu. We once had three wuseng: my coach Yan Fei, Yanxing (Su Xing - who went to Yanran, and recently went independent) and Yanming (not the NY Yanming, but Tong Mingguang who is with He Tao now). And this is just our school. Now you see why I can't keep track of everyone else here in the Bay Area. We just got a new one - Yantuo (Wang Lu). I hope we can keep him.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Alright, as mentioned we now have Shi Yongfei at our school in Houston, bringing the Houston area to five. He is disrobed and goes by Zhang Xue Fei, his given name.

I wish we had a Shoalin monk in Az, I'd hire him as my schools head coach and let him run classes. Then I could go and get the extra training I want.

Shaolin

Hi Shaolin how is everything going for you? Are you still training for MMA fights? I was wondering since you were a student of Shi Yan Ming if you ever had a chance to learn any of his praying mantis?

Quote Originally Posted by sha0lin1 View Post
    Alright, as mentioned we now have Shi Yongfei at our school in Houston, bringing the Houston area to five. He is disrobed and goes by Zhang Xue Fei, his given name.
    so then that makes five what?

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    so then that makes five what?
    Monks. But I guess you can't really call them that, I think that my Shifu is the only one who remains a true monk.

Shi Yantuo

Shi Yantuo was by our office yesterday. Here's a pic.

He came over with a troupe of a dozen monks last year for our inaugural tournament TCKFMC. He said most of that troupe is now in L.A. and the S.F. Bay Area.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Shi Yantuo was by our office yesterday. Here's a pic.....
    I like her dress!