Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Thread Format: tell me what you know about taiji

New Thread Format: tell me what you know about taiji

To save some members a lot of time and enable responses to be about whatever aspect of taiji they like, here is a thread in which you may discuss anything you feel is important in taiji, and I will respond how you're wrong, and occasionally provide a link to videos of cute animals as proof.

As a demonstration of my superiority from moment to moment, my previous paragraph is already so inferior to my current one as to not being worth my time responding. If I had had a teacher such as myself for that paragraph, I clearly would have written this paragraph.

I don't expect you all to understand the complexities of this, I'm merely giving you the opportunity to learn from the tradition of smug negations.

Although it departs from the spirit of this thread, I will say that the member who was about to post, but didn't, was correct in doing so. I thank him for saving me the tedium of answering his misguided assumptions in the manner they deserve.

stages of understanding

here is what I was told to think about in the late 1970s about grand ultimate fist

there is the grand yang or tai yang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSkWli9NykQ

do the locomotion.

there is the grand yin or tai yin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3_yLPadDfY

listening to the rain

together you have tai chi. so tai yang + tai yin or interaction of both.

I was too young to understand both.

so I just do a litte bit of softness and a little bit of hardness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY9TbE0nG1I

whenever you find your balance

you find your tai chi.

here.

1. at first, we have to learn and understand how to be hard and harder, fast and faster--

2. secondly, we have to learn and understand how to be soft or yielding--

3. finally, we learn how to balance 1 and 2.

if the opponent is fast, we may be faster.

if the opponent is strong. we may be stronger

on the other hand, if, somehow, the opponent is intuitively or intrinsically faster and stronger than us.

we have to consider: dogding, avoiding, yielding

by moving away, we may be faster and in a better position in our next move.

---

after learning both 1 and 2, tai chi is then learned and understood.

---

sort of mashing 1 and 2 together

just like mashed potato

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQBKpV9emKc

---
    Last edited by SPJ; 04-05-2010 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    To save some members a lot of time and enable responses to be about whatever aspect of taiji they like, here is a thread in which you may discuss anything you feel is important in taiji, and I will respond how you're wrong, and occasionally provide a link to videos of cute animals as proof.

As a demonstration of my superiority from moment to moment, my previous paragraph is already so inferior to my current one as to not being worth my time responding. If I had had a teacher such as myself for that paragraph, I clearly would have written this paragraph.

I don't expect you all to understand the complexities of this, I'm merely giving you the opportunity to learn from the tradition of smug negations.
    Although it departs from the spirit of this thread, I will say that the member who was about to post, but didn't, was correct in doing so. I thank him for saving me the tedium of answering his misguided assumptions in the manner they deserve.
    Did your sifu put you up to this?

Wouldn't it just be easier to criticize us all BEFORE we post so we won't have to go to all the effort of posting non-sense first?

here

1. harder and harder would be shaolin fist or ba ji fist

2. faster and faster would be praying mantis.

3. softer and softer---

---

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Did your sifu put you up to this?

Wouldn't it just be easier to criticize us all BEFORE we post so we won't have to go to all the effort of posting non-sense first?
    The problem with your post is twofold:

1) It's wrongness

2) It's incorrectitude

If I criticized you beforehand, you might suggest I was less infinitely wise than Hendrick.

Clearly I am twice as infinitely wise as he.

However, your link is helpful for others struggling with lesser forms of taiji, and so I applaud you, despite my superiority, which goes without saying, though I will still say it.
    Last edited by KC Elbows; 04-05-2010 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    here.

1. at first, we have to learn and understand how to be hard and harder, fast and faster--

2. secondly, we have to learn and understand how to be soft or yielding--

3. finally, we learn how to balance 1 and 2.

if the opponent is fast, we may be faster.

if the opponent is strong. we may be stronger

on the other hand, if, somehow, the opponent is intuitively or intrinsically faster and stronger than us.

we have to consider: dogding, avoiding, yielding

by moving away, we may be faster and in a better position in our next move.

---

after learning both 1 and 2, tai chi is then learned and understood.

---

sort of mashing 1 and 2 together

just like mashed potato

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQBKpV9emKc

---
    Wrong. Taiji is not like mashed potatoes, just as when you are offered a "massagee" you do not get a neck rub.

However, do not feel bad, my superiority is a given, you have done well considering. I salute you for not falling into the self deceit of paragraphs.

Blog Entries
    you may discuss anything you feel is important in taiji, and I will respond how you're wrong,
    I have a feeling that you have just said that everybody have sin and you are the true saver. Since "my sin is my pride". The word "saver" has no meaning to me.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 04-05-2010 at 07:25 PM.

sometimes, KC is being ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I have a feeling that you have just said that everybody have sin and you are the true saver. Since "my sin is my pride". The word "saver" has no meaning to me.
    Although this thread is about taiji, I will digress to respond.

In order to save you, I would have to explain right to you, and that would lead us into words, and away from the tao that cannot be spoken.

Since that would require near infinite wisdom, it could take almost a third of my infinite wisdom to explain it, which could affect the quality of my own contemplation of my boundless superiority. Obviously, this would be a misappropriation of a portion of my limitless virtue.

By allowing you to discuss your taiji, you and others can encapsulate your words, and we all will see how each explanation, despite its relative good value, is not perfect in its correctitudinousness.

From this knowing, it is clear then that, when I say wrong, it is not me speaking the way that cannot be spoken, but my spesking, and it being the way. Where I to speak otherwise, that would not be the way.

Do not contemplate this, it is too dangerous at your level of cultivation.

I can't contemplate it because I don't understand it!

Thus demonstrating it truly IS the Way!!!

I just don't know which Way it is?

There is only ONE taiji, the rest are mere imitations !!!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    There is only ONE taiji, the rest are mere imitations !!!
    But which one? Hendrik's or KC Elbows's?

Which one has the attainment of true kung fu???

I am afraid I might choose a false prophet?