Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ng chan wing chun

Hybrid View

Thanks Chee, we treat the pole drills as essential development of a rounded VT fighter for the by-products and correlation to hand use. I have mentioned before that VT fist striking method is similar to 2 poles alternating to strike...using short ballistic parries of the lead as the pole while not deviating by 1cm for certain death ...
    The rotation drill with the bucket is the covering dang gwan idea, to us, it is hard to get both rotation to cover and ballistic displacing force, just at the tip, and not make a ridiculous circle with thigh and hand....Then try to do on another pole sparring
    All said and done, the accuracy with a pole I find to be remarkable, the accuracy and force generation on a solid surface leaves you in no doubt about its ability to stop someone with one hit.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 08-31-2011 at 05:04 AM.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17731131@N00/6100023098

這個就是從雙頭棍改成的刺刀術,鏡頭正中的人就動作純正,槍身合一,其他就不成了。
    This (picture) is from the double headed pole altered into bayonet art. The central figure is performing the correct action, spear and body in union, the others are inadequate.

六,七十年代的中國刺殺術,把伏槍,攔槍,漏槍,刺,挑運用得非常好。所以我總有一短棍放在車 上,以備所需 ,因我專門研究過刺殺。
    The Chinese assassination art of the 60s/70s (translator note: must be 1860/70 !) used the fuk spear, lan spear, lau spear, chi (stab), tiu (rising stroke) very effectively. Therefore I always had a short pole in the car, just in case, because I especially researched assassination.

雙頭棍在嶺南拳術中除詠春外,幾呼都有,這裡不討論。
    Double headed pole in Lingnam fist arts, other than Wing Chun, are practically everywhere, no need to discuss here.

雙夾單,以蔡李佛的最具代表。
    'Seung gap dan' (double and single) most representative in Choy Lee Fut.

詠春六點半棍練習,有三點chi棍,割,攔,挑,打上,中,下.並且有刀對棍對練.
    Wing Chun 6.5 point pole training has: 3-point sticking pole, got (cut), lan (bar), tiu (rising stroke), hit high, middle, low. There is also knife vs. pole training.

棍大至如此.有機會可以談淡拳,椿.
    The pole is largely like this. If there is opportunity we'll talk about fist, jong.
    Last edited by CFT; 08-31-2011 at 06:21 AM.

Ng Chan wing chun

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    first, try, regarding what we posted ,why we are doing that;

principally to inform people about wing chun from leung bik and

secondly if you read carefully this thread, it will help people to evaluate their wing chun

both ki ping pun and me were living in france,and i was his lone student the last years

a long time ago ,when i started ,there was others students but they stopped after they learned some very basic wing chun,and nothing advanced

the last two years ,ki ping pun was teaching in budapest .
    Now he left there and he is living near canton ,china

myself ,im leaving now in israel ,and im teaching to few people there

never you can learn from a dvd

people are thinking that everything is a question of movements, thats not the case ,even if its important.

To develop the feminine strength is the more important and to catch the know its only when you are practising with you sifu because he is giving back to your arms the feeling and experience that he received from his master ,which is the same thing that his master received from his own master ,like that up to wing chun

the students of ip man never heard about that and ip man never shown it to them it
    he did to kwok fu and to ng chan

now the readers of the thread are informed about it
    Moshe , I did read all the posted , but it ' s still information , I want to see some ,
    examples of how your WC is different from Ip Man ' s other students . Do you have a website . Sure you can ' t learn from a DVD , but it gives people an idea of what your WC looks like . It ' s more saying that you have the pure WC teachings , which comes directly from Ip Man himself , and if anybody would like to learn it , then they ' ll have to go to israel to learn it . Because you won ' t travel around to give seminars .

I don ' t know moshe it seems that maybe Sifu Ng chan or his student the one you
    also learned from , is also influencing you to keep low profile . Well , if you ' re going to be like that then , just let it be . What a waste of your teaching talents .
    Why are you just teaching a few people ? If you ' re WC is from Ng Chan lineage , then it should be good . Or maybe people in israel don ' t know anything about WC .

中國兵器有雲;單刀看手,雙刀看走。即是講,使用雙刀,走馬很重要,走不出馬,就無法施展雙刀。例如對手拿 把關刀或櫻槍,怎樣去斬到對手?所以,接近對手發揮短兵器長處,必須靠走馬靈活,順著對方兵器而進,幾乎都 是短兵器使用原理。另外是力因素。現時流行開口寸勁閉口寸勁,八斬刀就真的要全部使用’寸勁’了。一樣刀不 出身,標,斬,耕,圈,捆,拍,扣,綁,每種變化都在身內進行,馬不好,力不出,怎樣打?何況 要加上腳法攻 擊。
    There is a saying in Chinese weaponry: 'dan dao hon sau, seung dao hon zau' (single broadsword watch the hands, double knives/sabre watch the movement (feet)).

That is to say, using the double knives, the running horse is very important. If your horse does not run then you have no way to utilize the knives.

For example the opponent is holding a guan dao or tasselled spear, how are you going to slash the opponent? Therefore to get close to the opponent and realize the advantages of the close range weapon requires a nimble running horse, following the opponent's weapon to enter; this is the principle of almost all close range weapons.

The other factor is power. Currently it is popular to open and close the talk with 'inch power', it is really true that 'baat jam do' (8 slash knives) entirely uses 'inch power'. The same (as the fist) the knife does not extend beyond the body, biu (dart), jam (chop/slash), gaan (cultivate), huen (circle), kwan (bind), pak (slap), kau (hook), bong (tie), all types of variations occur within the body (translator note: i.e. do not extend beyond the body). If the horse is not good, the power cannot be expressed, how do you fight? Let alone adding leg attacks.

[QUOTE=lance;1130366]Moshe , I did read all the posted , but it ' s still informatiON

examples of how your WC is different from Ip Man ' s other students .

[I THINK WE HAVE DONE MORE THAN GIVING INFORMATION
    Do you have a website .
    NO
    Sure you can ' t learn from a DVD , but it gives people an idea of what your WC looks like . It ' s more saying that you have the pure WC teachings , which comes directly from Ip Man himself , and if anybody would like to learn it , then they ' ll have to go to israel to learn it . Because you won ' t travel around to give seminars .

I GO TO FRANCE
    IM ONLY BETWEEN 3 AND 5 HOURS FLY FROM EUROPEAN CITIES
    SOMETIME TO NEW YORK

Why are you just teaching a few people ?
    [I DID TRAIN IN A VERY DIFFERENT WAY COMPARED TO COMMERCIAL SCHOOL
    ONE EXPLANATION RECEIVED FROM KPP THAN I WAS TRAINING ON MY SIDE
    PEOPLE ARE QUIET IMPATIENT TO GO THIS WAY,

ANYWAY WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED ?
    Last edited by MOSHE; 09-01-2011 at 04:35 AM.

[QUOTE=MOSHE;1130375]
    Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Moshe , I did read all the posted , but it ' s still informatiON

examples of how your WC is different from Ip Man ' s other students .

[I THINK WE HAVE DONE MORE THAN GIVING INFORMATION
    Do you have a website .
    NO
    Sure you can ' t learn from a DVD , but it gives people an idea of what your WC looks like . It ' s more saying that you have the pure WC teachings , which comes directly from Ip Man himself , and if anybody would like to learn it , then they ' ll have to go to israel to learn it . Because you won ' t travel around to give seminars .

I GO TO FRANCE
    IM ONLY BETWEEN 3 AND 5 HOURS FLY FROM EUROPEAN CITIES
    SOMETIME TO NEW YORK

Why are you just teaching a few people ?
    [I DID TRAIN IN A VERY DIFFERENT WAY COMPARED TO COMMERCIAL SCHOOL
    ONE EXPLANATION RECEIVED FROM KPP THAN I WAS TRAINING ON MY SIDE
    PEOPLE ARE QUIET IMPATIENT TO GO THIS WAY,

ANYWAY WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED ?
    When you come to NY please let me know so we can meet , it would be great to feel first hand and discuss further.