Page 32 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Ng chan wing chun

Mesmerising Wing Chun Kuen – Biu Jee

使人迷惑的詠春拳-標指篇

第三套拳。吾師講,以前你不是已學到標指,決不讓你看,實行標指不出門。而真正到學標指應有四年的練習拳齡 。而且得練習手指插沙[我練到插入到近手腕處,不能再深了。很痛苦,手指肉反剌,流血,很痛,各位可試試]。
    Mesmerising Wing Chun Kuen – Biu Jee

The 3rd fist set. My teacher said, in the past if you had not learned up to Biu Jee you would definitely not be allowed to see it, implementing (the rule) that Biu Jee 'does not go out of the door'. So when you learn Biu Jee for real you should already have had 4 years of training. Also need to train plunging the fingers into sand. [I trained until I could plunge up to near my wrist, couldn't get any deeper/further. Much suffering, stabbing into the finger flesh, bleeding, very painful, everyone can have a try].

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    there is no really web support on ng chan activity
    but people like po kin wah ,leon tin ,moy yat and others knew for sure that this discret man had a different approach than them.few of them was trying to ontain technics fron him
    i have anyway some pictures that i can put on the site
    i have been practising for more than 20 years ,and began by wing chun from vietnam ,than wing chun from china ,and met several sifu ,that the reason im direct in my way to describe it .when i made contact with the arms of ng chan and ki ping pun ,nobody had such strength ,sensation ,energy;i understoos how a women like wing chun could defeat men experimented in fighting.
    i dont want to offend anybody and plus im not selling any commercial but people who want to be objectives have to ask them this question :
    let say that what you see in a movie where people are perfoming wing chun is the reality
    ask yourself if a women practising the same way as you ,could perform in a such impressive way and defeat people from karate ,hung gar etc ...
    people are mistaking on one point ,to be soft during shi sao doent mean to be like light in contact and than physical when you want to enter
    how a women could do that !
    thats one part of the know how of wing chun ,both man and women have to have access to the same form of power ,there is no difference in the energy coming from a man or a women
    thats wing chun
    so if you train with women ,ask yourself if its possible for them to defeat you ?
    and you get the answer on the quality on wing chun your are practising
    thats not women who have to train like man but men to have access to a more natural strength of women
    that the origine of the style

Moshe, the whole mine is the only genuine wing chun claim thing is so eighties we've all moved on from there to a more enlightened era. If you are going to make claims at least make sure that your arguments are consistent with the teachings of your seniors. You claim above that the measure of true Wing Chun is whether or not it could be applied by a woman and then your sifu's writings claim that true training is made up of self mutilation by hitting the dummy and plunging ones fingers into sand until the hands and fingers bleed and that true masters have thick powerful wrists. Doesn't sound much like an art based around women, sounds more like traditional karate to me.
    I've kept my counsel whilst the various posts were translated as I've enjoyed reading them and am looking forward to hearing the rest out of pure curiosity.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    Moshe, the whole mine is the only genuine wing chun claim thing is so eighties we've all moved on from there to a more enlightened era. If you are going to make claims at least make sure that your arguments are consistent with the teachings of your seniors. You claim above that the measure of true Wing Chun is whether or not it could be applied by a woman and then your sifu's writings claim that true training is made up of self mutilation by hitting the dummy and plunging ones fingers into sand until the hands and fingers bleed and that true masters have thick powerful wrists. Doesn't sound much like an art based around women, sounds more like traditional karate to me.
    I've kept my counsel whilst the various posts were translated as I've enjoyed reading them and am looking forward to hearing the rest out of pure curiosity.
    It's a question of interpretation, this kind of training is totally matching woman capabilities
    We are not speaking about a transformation of the body by a work on the muscles but just a reenforcement of certain natural parts of the body
    That's the point
    Being curious in a good quality , it could drive to new horizon and to new perception

Regards
    Last edited by MOSHE; 08-22-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    ....... where the eyes go the hands go, where the hands go the legs go.......
    It should be 'where the legs go the hands go, and the eyes remain on the center'....

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    It should be 'where the legs go the hands go, and the eyes remain on the center'....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    About right but I don't know what Moshe's sifu wrote in Chinese.
    joy.

Maybe you should preface that with: "In the HKM way ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    About right but I don't know what Moshe's sifu wrote in Chinese.
    Direct quote: " 眼到手到,手到腳到 "

Where the eyes go (眼到) the hands go (手到),where the hands go (手到) the legs go (腳到).

Could be a case of 'hand leads body' (vs. body leads hand). There was a thread about this not too long ago: http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=59533
    Last edited by CFT; 08-23-2011 at 01:09 AM.

No
    Doing like you are not well engaged

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    Maybe you should preface that with: "In the HKM way ..."

Direct quote: " 眼到手到,手到腳到 "

Where the eyes go (眼到) the hands go (手到),where the hands go (手到) the legs go (腳到).

Could be a case of 'hand leads body' (vs. body leads hand). There was a thread about this not too long ago.
    I wasn't criticizing your translation chee. Just commenting on the subject from my perspective which is what a chat list is, right? I am thankful to you for the translation and appreciate the time you've taken with it.

No
    Doing like you are not well engaged
    Moshe I don't know what you mean by your comment?

I wasn't criticizing your translation chee. Just commenting on the subject from my perspective which is what a chat list is, right? I am thankful to you for the translation and appreciate the time you've taken with it.
    No worries I didn't take it personally. Even in YMWCK there are different ways, so personally I prefer to say "we do it this way" rather than "the right way is ...".

Moshe I don't know what you mean by your comment?
    Ok let s be nice and I explain part of it and only part because we are hinting and giving info but once again we don't teach through this forum

one simple explanation:

You face you opponent and you want to strike him
    Than if you move first you feet to make the gap in order to reach him and in a second time you launch your arm
    with this way he detects you easily because he is seeing your body moving before your attack and when your arm comes to him , it's very easy to deflect it

This is for the simple part but moving is quite complex and that's the last part that a master deliver to his successor whatever the style is

Ok let s be nice and I explain part of it and only part because we are hinting and giving info but once again we don't teach through this forum

one simple explanation:

You face you opponent and you want to strike him
    Than if you move first you feet to make the gap in order to reach him and in a second time you launch your arm
    with this way he detects you easily because he is seeing your body moving before your attack and when your arm comes to him , it's very easy to deflect it

This is for the simple part but moving is quite complex and that's the last part that a master deliver to his successor whatever the style is
    Moshe, I'll be nice in return too. One will have no structure if he gets deflected throwing the fist first. In our way, it doesn't matter if they see your body coming. What do you think ultimately glass technique is? We don't do anything other than seek their center otherwise you'll be chasing arms. We move in, guard up, angle if needed and only hit when in range. Whatever happens in between is geometry. In WC your supposed to play your game, not theirs, that's really the only way any of it works....

Meaning could be the hands and feet work together.
    eg:
    punch and step / step and punch (same action)
    rather than
    Punch then step / step then punch (different action)

Chee translates as “go” not “follow” ;-)

標指一直保密,馬要求坐得穩。動作不算多,可以講很筒單,今時今曰可以講標指視頻多如牛毛,中 外大師都有, 看似沒有秘密了。
    Biu Jee has always been kept secret, (it) requires stable sitting in the horse. There are not many movements, we can even say they are very simple. Presently we can say that the videos of Biu Jee are as numerous as the hairs of an ox. In China and beyond there are 'great masters'. It looks like there are no secrets.