Thread: Shaolin at the Circus

Hybrid View

More Mulan

I'm just posting this because I like the photo.
    Enjoy a night at the circus

Chinese State Circus
    Published on Wed Feb 23 15:28:25 GMT 2011

THE Chinese State Circus will be performing their spectacular show at Derby’s Assembly Rooms on Sunday, February 27 and Monday, February 28, in the Great Hall.

The show is called Mulan and features the Shaolin Warriors.

Mulan is based on the legend of one of China’s greatest heroines. Although the tales have spread over the world in poems, songs, books and films, this is their first incarnation in the all-action world of international circus.

This is a chance to explore the inspiring heroic story of a strong-minded country girl, who joined the Emperor’s all-male army in place of her father. Through her warrior skills, she was promoted to the

rank of general, yet throughout her epic exploits, defeating all her enemies, no one was aware that she was a woman.

Witness a breathtaking fusion of precision acrobatics, Shaolin martial arts, dazzling circus skills, colourful characters from Peking Opera, physical theatre and drama choreographed to an original music score.

Tickets are £12 to £26, concessions are £14 to £24. For more information and to book tickets call the box office on 01332 255800.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

If only my wife could do that.