Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DVD review

FYI: This is the information on Shifu Patterson's website in relation to the DVD in question.

http://www.hsing-i.com/Merchant2/mer...egory_Code=IEx

Regular List Price for this title is: $39.95

For a reduced size sample clip of a small portion of the content found on this video, click the link below:
    Internal Force Dynamics Optimum clip size is 640x480; Sample clips are not designed for full screen.

This video is the first in the much anticipated "Real Training Series" and can be useful to any martial artist from any style seeking to cultivate real internal power. This video teaches you how to develop Internal "fah jin" (********y explosive power) ability, sometimes known as "shockwave" ability, in your strikes! Utilizing digital slow motion of actual live speed movement and picture in picture technologies combined with multiple camera angles has created an in-depth and multi-faceted educational experience that is truly unique and revealing. You can actually see the origin and transmission of the wave like force as it ripples through the body. If you want to develop the kind of power that Internal Martial Arts have become famous for, this is a must have video for you!

Running time = 35 minutes.

All performances on video are of Shrfu Mike Patterson; two time All Taiwan Full Contact Chinese Kuoshu Fighting Champion; Trainer of 25 International & World Kuoshu Full Contact Champions 1994 - 2000; Chosen as Inside Kung Fu Magazine's Hall of Fame Coach of the Year 1996.

You are getting some serious material broken down using high level tech.

Again this DVD for the price is a steal.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    FYI: This is the information on Shifu Patterson's website in relation to the DVD in question.

http://www.hsing-i.com/Merchant2/mer...egory_Code=IEx

Regular List Price for this title is: $39.95

For a reduced size sample clip of a small portion of the content found on this video, click the link below:
    Internal Force Dynamics Optimum clip size is 640x480; Sample clips are not designed for full screen.

This video is the first in the much anticipated "Real Training Series" and can be useful to any martial artist from any style seeking to cultivate real internal power. This video teaches you how to develop Internal "fah jin" (********y explosive power) ability, sometimes known as "shockwave" ability, in your strikes! Utilizing digital slow motion of actual live speed movement and picture in picture technologies combined with multiple camera angles has created an in-depth and multi-faceted educational experience that is truly unique and revealing. You can actually see the origin and transmission of the wave like force as it ripples through the body. If you want to develop the kind of power that Internal Martial Arts have become famous for, this is a must have video for you!

Running time = 35 minutes.

All performances on video are of Shrfu Mike Patterson; two time All Taiwan Full Contact Chinese Kuoshu Fighting Champion; Trainer of 25 International & World Kuoshu Full Contact Champions 1994 - 2000; Chosen as Inside Kung Fu Magazine's Hall of Fame Coach of the Year 1996.

You are getting some serious material broken down using high level tech.

Again this DVD for the price is a steal.
    Patterson has proven he has the fighting ability. You might have to wait years in a school to be exposed to this info.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I'm not always politically correct.
    Sometimes, I'm just correct!
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    to hell with wude. you try not eating for three days straight because you have no monies.

if anyone wants i can sell my instruction vcd (im too poor to make dvd) for only 15.99
    or video casette for only 10.99
    lol!!!

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Internal Force 1 & 2

I read this thread with some bemusement.

We are quite proud of both Internal Force Dynamics 1 & Internal Force Dynamics 2. A great many hours was spent both in filming and post production. Vol. 1 uses picture in picture and very slow motion technology to accurately demonstrate wave force, something that as was pointed out, was not explained to me for many years when I studied. Vol. 2 uses animation overlay to depict ground path and both the load and release phase, again in slow motion. Something that again, took me years to learn.

This is my new direction in video.. bringing things out that are real. I see many people today, even teachers, that do not understand so much.

At the end of the day, I am trying to both archive and help to raise the level of awarness in the internal arts, something that is very dear to me.

Btw, we DO have sample clips for each video which are an amalgum of actual scenes from the video in question. You can always look at those and try to determine if the video is for you or not. That's sort of the idea behind the clips?
    One of these days the world is going to become so politically correct that it will scare itself out of existence.

MP 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Patterson View Post

We are quite proud of both Internal Force Dynamics 1 & Internal Force Dynamics 2. A great many hours was spent both in filming and post production. Vol. 1 uses picture in picture and very slow motion technology to accurately demonstrate wave force, something that as was pointed out, was not explained to me for many years when I studied. Vol. 2 uses animation overlay to depict ground path and both the load and release phase, again in slow motion. Something that again, took me years to learn.

This is my new direction in video.. bringing things out that are real. I see many people today, even teachers, that do not understand so much.

At the end of the day, I am trying to both archive and help to raise the level of awarness in the internal arts, something that is very dear to me.

Btw, we DO have sample clips for each video which are an amalgum of actual scenes from the video in question. You can always look at those and try to determine if the video is for you or not. That's sort of the idea behind the clips?
    And for those of us the appreciate it, I say Thank You !
    Sometimes, in this world we live in, we tend to favor quantity over quality, so don't let it get you down.
    Stick to your guns and focus on quality.
    30 min of quality is better than 60 min of crap.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Shihfu Patterson, I wouldn't be too bothered by the silliness. This guy also trashed my DVD and his comments showed that he had pretty much only watched like 5 minutes of it

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Shifu Patterson,

Thank you for coming on and giving us the lowdown on the material in question.

As I had mentioned. What is being presented is incredible material using the latest tech to explain it and demonstrate it.

I thank you sir.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Thanks for the comments fellas. But I'm "not bothered by the silliness" nor do I feel "put down" as a result of such. I generally seek only to clarify when reading such things.

Frost raised a good point. A person is entitled to question whether or not a commercial product is worth the price. Many people seem to feel you cannot learn anything of value from a video. Or at least I have been reading such statements on the internet for as long as the internet has been here. Of course I disagree.

Most of us, when learning in a classroom, only get to look at what our teachers do or demonstrate once or twice. It is only the seniors who generally get to actually touch the teacher. And there is no question in my mind that touching is best. However, and this is a big however, as TenTigers wisely said in this thread... with a DVD video, you can pause, watch frame by frame, etc. , as much as you wish as often as you wish. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I learned, getting my teacher to demonstrate more than a couple times was a fairly impossible task.

When I first contemplated doing video in the 80's (yes, I'm older than I look), I wondered whether I should do it or not for fear of showing too much. This is how I was raised in the arts you see... keep it secret. But, too many have died in the last 30 years and these arts are fading. My own teacher passed right around that same time of contemplation and my senior student at the time convinced me on the merit of archiving the knowledge gained to start doing just that.

So for those naysayers out there, my contention would be that you can indeed learn much from video. And I would have given anything to have my own teacher on such media doing all the forms, applications and exercises I learned over the years spent with him. And for those who do indeed have the eyes to see what is being portrayed, it can often even beat the once or twice demos done in class.

Then take that knowledge gleaned back to the practice floor and hone it until it's ingrained and applicable.

Happy Training Fellas!
    One of these days the world is going to become so politically correct that it will scare itself out of existence.

MP 2007

The whole "show too much" thing is not something to worry about Sifu.
    Guro Marc Denny of the DBMA has the same feelings, but he is right on a couple of points about it being the right thing to do:
    1) Not everyone is lucky enough to have a great teacher and for those, giving up the goods not only keeps the good alive but allows those that can't get them, to get them.
    2) those that are undeserving are, in the grand scheme of things, irrelevant and because of them, one shouldn't let those that have a thrist for knowledge to go thirsty.
    Besides, as you know, showing is part of the package, DOING is the other part and anyone that can get it AND do it from video is as deserving, if not more so, than someone that gets it in person.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !