Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Baduanjin (8-section brocade)

Hybrid View

More 8 brocades

Here is a Shaolin Poster version that we just got in stock.

Here is video version that is quite martial. Low stances, tougher than most brocades. It also comes with an extra feature, as you'll see.

xingy xing long?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

http://www.whitecraneinstitute.com/videos/

Some 5 element qigong too.

there's more to it than meets the eye I think.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Eight Brocade (Dao style)

Interesting, the Ba Duan Jin I learned from Luo Dexiu is quite profound. I have heard that this set was developed by the same man who developed the Complete Reality school of Daoism. We do similar movements as what I see here but somewhat more elaborate.
    Buddy

Another 8 section

There's one title the Octupled brocade - I love that title - in the 5 volume Taguo set, but it's quite an investment if that's the only form you want out of there.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

yet another version.

some elements same as what ive learned in two variations of that qigong.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    yet another version.

some elements same as what ive learned in two variations of that qigong.
    David beat me to it. We also do an 8 brocade set. Fundamentaly the same with a few variations of stance.

I have a very old video from our family and yes you guessed it! its different, I will someday get around to figure out how to post it from VHS
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

It is also very similar to the one I know. I actually like the differences in this one, I may play with it next time I do the set.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon
    I have a very old video from our family and yes you guessed it! its different, I will someday get around to figure out how to post it from VHS
    Get Dr. Divx then hook up your vcr to your computer. Its prettey easy. Or if you would like send me a copy and I'll do it for you. I can do it in about an hour.

Eight Section Brocade

Anyone practice regularly? and have you seen any benifits? I'm debating focusing less on my 24 form (I've been doing it twice a day for 9 years) and more on Eight Section Brocade. Any thoughts.

I practice both the Eight Section Brocade and the Yang Short Form daily. However, I practice the Eight Section Brocade only once while I go over the form at least three times.

Have I seen any benefis? Honestly, I'm not really sure but I'm told that it builds up "protective chi" so why not practice it?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dharmastudent View Post
    I practice both the Eight Section Brocade and the Yang Short Form daily. However, I practice the Eight Section Brocade only once while I go over the form at least three times.

Have I seen any benefis? Honestly, I'm not really sure but I'm told that it builds up "protective chi" so why not practice it?
    I love my Tai Chi and will always practice it. But with everthing else in my schedule "Church, family, fitness and work) I have to spend my time wisely. I have no doubt my 24 form helps me but in order for me to begin more practice of something else like "Eight Section Brocade" It will have to be a sure bet like the 24form is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg fu young View Post
    I love my Tai Chi and will always practice it. But with everthing else in my schedule "Church, family, fitness and work) I have to spend my time wisely. I have no doubt my 24 form helps me but in order for me to begin more practice of something else like "Eight Section Brocade" It will have to be a sure bet like the 24form is for me.
    It is a sure bet. Initially the only benefits from doing Ba Duan Jin (Pa Tuan Chin) will be how alert and 'alive' it makes you feel, but there are more benefits later on. Also it only takes a short time to do it, so it will not be a much of a burden to add it to your daily schedule. I usually do it once in the morning on the back porch before I leave for work. If you have five minutes (10 minutes, tops) you can handle it.