Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Skin Grabbing/Ripping

We do lots of finger conditioning from grabbing steel shot bags and tiger claw push ups. It's also good to strengthen your wrists also. In Gung Gee the part where you do the three Tiger Claws you rip down and pinch your fingers together in a fist. All seizing and grabbing techniques.
    My sifu has demonstrated the pinch on me many times and yes I whimpered like a girlie man. The underside of the arm, sides of your stomach and lower ribs area hurt especially. It does help to have a rock hard body I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    it would be interesting to see the claw used in that setting....
    ya... all those wannabe tough guy's would be squealing like a stuck pig wanting to run down the hill and drown themselves in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    Holy Cow!
    Lately I've been fighting a man who is expert at grabbing skin in the triceps and chest area then pulling and twisting.
    After he makes the grab, I lean in so he has less force/angle/length to pull. When that happens he twists the skin.
    This is new to me.
    I believe that grabbing the skin is just another expression of Chin-na. A rich and profound art that needs to be studied and explored further by aspiring TCMA-ists.

Once you study further then the necessary defenses become more and more apparent.....
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 02-03-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    ya... all those wannabe tough guy's would be squealing like a stuck pig wanting to run down the hill and drown themselves in the water.

that would be hilarious to see a tap by purple nurple LOL

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

" And Goju wins his Amature MMA debute by....submission via purple nurple? "
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

and i would intimidate my other opponents by standing across the cage from them during the announcements cringing and making a clawing twisting motion in the air LOL

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    and i would intimidate my other opponents by standing across the cage from them during the announcements cringing and making a clawing twisting motion in the air LOL
    in horse stance of course.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

adding the dimension of clawing and ripping would effectively nullify the McMA's ground game... LOL... i really don't understand how people actually believe McMA is considered "real" fighting - in a real fight i am going for the throat and it ain't for a choke hold... perhaps we can called the technique, transplanting the adams apple.

to be fair...

i am sure everyone thinks i believe myself to be some kind of super hero, this is not the case(although i am sure i can fight my way out of a wet paper bag)

i spout these concepts and ideals as a measure of counter-response to what currently exists in order to keep myself sane. by exposing the oppositional ends of each stick, i believe i help to bring balance to the paradigm of martial arts. it is simply an intentional mentality, a way of being and exisiting... anyhow, i am sure there are plenty of people out there that would like to choke the living sh!t out of me, but it's all fun and games mate.

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    Holy Cow!
    Lately I've been fighting a man who is expert at grabbing skin in the triceps and chest area then pulling and twisting.
    After he makes the grab, I lean in so he has less force/angle/length to pull. When that happens he twists the skin.
    This is new to me.
    if someone grabs on you, you use your other hand to press on his grabbing hand and bend his knuckles or wrist joint by lowering your posture and moving either forward or backward

the pain would make him let go

qin na 101

---

grabbing the chest skin and twisting is a ancient technique called the purple nurple

if do right
    no can defend
    Last edited by bawang; 02-07-2010 at 03:24 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

me - bjj blue belt went up against a kung-fu guy who did the skin grabbing ripping.. that ****s a *****!! at the end of the match I submitted him but I had black/blue's everywhere - under my arm.. my love handles.. everything.. only thing that prevented me from laying elbows on the guy is cuz he's my friend.. dirty kung-fu guy

p.s. certain areas they grab u - you jump.. he even went for my fun bag ..

seems to be a great time to bring up part of an interveiw with Marcus Brinkman about Hong YiXiang. this excerpt dives into a bit of detail about another level of "gripping."....

JAMA: Could you elaborate as to his sticking and adhering skills?

MB: Hong's sticking and adhering skills were unlike anything i had previously seen. Upon contact, he was able to grab the skin and use it as a body handle. This kind of body handle affords exceptional control over an opponent. The underlying fascia, which weaves into the supporting skeletal frame, may be accessed with a flesh entwining hand maneuver similar to that used by Chinese bonesetters and masseurs. The entwining begins with a vigorous rub which quickly changes to a tight winding up of any excess , loose flesh. Hong would use this as a set up, and, in mid-course change the skin handle to a short, open-handed palm strike. Just as easily he would lead his victims to and fro, paralyzed in his grip. He was able to grasp the flesh on most any part of the human anatomy, including under the arms, around the chest and even on the face and cheeks. He claimed to be able to tear flesh in this fashion, and, though i had never witnessed such, i believe he possessed the power to do so.
    Last edited by KTS; 02-07-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    if someone grabs on you, you use your other hand to press on his grabbing hand and bend his knuckles or wrist joint by lowering your posture and moving either forward or backward

the pain would make him let go

qin na 101

---
    You are correct, when you're fighting slow motion.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    to be fair...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am sure everyone thinks i believe myself to be some kind of super hero, this is not the case(although i am sure i can fight my way out of a wet paper bag)

i spout these concepts and ideals as a measure of counter-response to what currently exists in order to keep myself sane. by exposing the oppositional ends of each stick, i believe i help to bring balance to the paradigm of martial arts. it is simply an intentional mentality, a way of being and exisiting... anyhow, i am sure there are plenty of people out there that would like to choke the living sh!t out of me, but it's all fun and games mate.
    are you drunk? or is hell freezing over for an admission of hey i don't know everything coming from you?
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.