Thread: What forms are in your Shaolin regimen now?

Hybrid View

lol:P

Well, it is just that I prefer to go deeper into one style instead of having many at the same time.
    As i said, if i cant get one done right i will not bother searching for something else

My regimen has changed

We've picked up another Shaolin monk at O-Mei Kung Fu Academy. Joining Yan Fei is Yantuo. Yantuo is more into conditioning, so we've been doing more push ups, sit ups, medicine ball work, that sort of stuff. That's been reducing my form rotation, which isn't quite as much fun, but better for me in the long run. We haven't been working lohan much lately. I still do baduanjin and xiaohong on my own. We've also swapped out the weapons forms. Both the sisanqiang and meihuadao are quite different than the versions I initially learned from Decheng in the late '90s, but that's just as well as I forgot those.

baduanjin
    xiaohongquan
    dahongquan
    qixingquan
    changhu xinyimen
    taizu changquan
    qixing tanglang
    yinshougun
    sisanqiang
    meihuadao

Yanchen was by last night for a visit from Chicago. He came over for the 2009 Shaolin Temple Day . He was just visiting his kung fu brothers. I joked with Yantuo that I could barely take training under two monks. A third one would kill me.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I generally do

1. Wu Bu Quan - although it's various sub sections of Cha Fist number 5 done in a different order and not actually a Shaolin set.

2. 32 posture Tai Tzu Chang Chuan.

3. Lao Hong quan 4 roads.

4. A very short Hou Quan related to Lao Hong Quan.

I am also playing with Guandong's form as well. Not deeply mind you, just roughing out the basic pattern for now.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a