Thread: January/February 2010 issue

Hybrid View

dang man after reading that article and such, makes you really want to meet the guy. im never in cali but if i ever make it down there soon enough id like to meet him at a competition...probably wont happen but we can fantasize lol
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Talking Hey Gene

This one just came out at our Borders. Still have the last one at the Barnes and Noble. I asked them when this issue came out for them and they told me that the Nov/Dec was the latest issue.

That's wacky

Thanks for following up on that, ittokaos. It just goes to show what kind of hassles we go through with our distributors on the retail level...

Lucas, GM Novak will surely be at our next event, TCKMFCII. Ironically, it was our first TCKFMC event that made me pursue him as a cover interview. At one point, I saw GM Novak seated up alongside our cover masters in the VIP area and he was the only one there who hadn't actually been on our cover. I made sure to remedy that as soon as possible. Tiger Claw's KungFuMagazine.com Championship II & the 7th annual Shark City Nationals is June 12, 2010.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Unabridged article by Capt. Bibeau is now live

A Healing Journey by Robert J. Bibeau, Captain, USMC. We posted this one early because we're thinking about our troops abroad during the holidays.

We now have an alternate thread on the main forum about this issue, which I'll merge with this one someday. See ATTN Gene Ching - kungfu taichi
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

GM Novak article

Well done, Gene. I thought your introduction was amazingly good:

"As martial artists, we are unique in that we create ourselves. Through long years of rigorous training, sacrifice, denial, pain, we forge our bodies in the fire of our will."

Also, being a kempo practitioner, I'm fully aware of and don't disagree with much (if not most) of the criticism lodged against it. Especially regarding it's impurities, and in some cases questionable lineages. As such, I very much liked the objective American/Hawaiian perspective you placed on kempo and kajukenbo in your piece, and of their historical significance on the martial arts landscape of North America.

Thank you.

"As martial artists, we are unique in that we create ourselves. Through long years of rigorous training, sacrifice, denial, pain, we forge our bodies in the fire of our will."
    It was a great article, although I didn't get to finish it yesterday. That quote is from Enter the Dragon when the antagonist Han is addressing the group from the banquet scene.

Our cover story is now live

Great American Great Grandmaster

As an extra bonus, you'll find video footage of Great Grandmaster Novak reviewing some of his photos and memorabilia for us at our office.

This issue will be on the newsstands for two more weeks.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips