Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about Chi

Question about Chi

When holding the Yee Gee Kim Yeung Posture(Stance) the Kuit Kuen says:

Fill the Tan Tien with chi and distribute the strength to all parts of the body.
    How does one fill the Dan Tien?

How do you distribute chi???

Please share your opinion....
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

The Dan Tian is filled with good sleep, proper nutrition, less stress, healthy emotions, proper exercise and avoiding activities that drain the Dan Tian (Excessive sex, strong emotions like hatred, jealousy, etc., injury, prolonged illness).

Qi is distributed naturally through the training process and with the good health.

"Distribute the strength to all parts of the body" also refers to using the intention (Yee Nim), to make movements - these in turn move the qi and blood.

These are exactly what the Kuen Kuit mean in the Chinese medicine/metaphysical sense.

Is chi released when you f@rt?

How does one make movements of the Chi using the Intention or Yi Nim?

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    "Distribute the strength to all parts of the body" also refers to using the intention (Yee Nim), to make movements - these in turn move the qi and blood.
    Last edited by Yoshiyahu; 10-28-2009 at 10:43 AM.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by IRONMONK View Post
    Is chi released when you f@rt?
    Yes, foul Chi...aka Xie Qi (Evil Qi).

In some, it is more foul than others. It depends on your diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Its automatic.

No Qi = no life energy.

The Yi Nian (Yee Nim) is guided by the Shen (spirit) which is housed in the Heart. Heart is the like the Emperor or Ruler.

Shen is clear = clear purpose, good life, clear mind.

Shen not clear = poor purpose in life, wandering about aimlessly, mind unclear.

You can clearly see how people fit in life.

if you are impotent then you dont have enough Chi even if you have intention.

If you are not impotent, then you dont have to ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    if you are impotent then you dont have enough Chi even if you have intention.

If you are not impotent, then you dont have to ask me.
    I am asking Robert actually...

So Robert how does one direct the chi flow by use of Yi(Yee). Please explain what the Yi is. What does it mean by intention? Is it simply thinking or meditating on the energy traveling to your limbs and and other extremities?

I am not asking about Chi cultivation or storing Shen. But what I am asking about is actually making the chi move to where you want it to go via the intention (YI).

Please give detail to how this is accomplish?

So Robert how does one direct the chi flow by use of Yi(Yee). Please explain what the Yi is. What does it mean by intention? Is it simply thinking or meditating on the energy traveling to your limbs and and other extremities?

I am not asking about Chi cultivation or storing Shen. But what I am asking about is actually making the chi move to where you want it to go via the intention (YI).

hahaha, I have already told you the answer. Why think too much?

Just will it . It is a simple nature phenomenon and why makes it sooo complicated.

what is it

hahaha, I have already told you the answer. Why think too much?

Just will it . It is a simple nature phenomenon and why makes it sooo complicated.
    how do you Will it?

Please explain by what is meant by Will or Intent?

is it really that simple?

how do you Will it?

Please explain by what is meant by Will or Intent?

is it really that simple?

I keep telling you you just speculate too much with you mind.

Reality is not as what your complicated logical thinking.

If things are not simple how the heck is one going to use it in a high speed martial art action where you have no time to think.

I keep telling you you just speculate too much with you mind.

Reality is not as what your complicated logical thinking.

If things are not simple how the heck is one going to use it in a high speed martial art action where you have no time to think.
    So simply tell us the answer Hendrik..instead of saying go basai tell us the answer?

So simply tell us the answer Hendrik..instead of saying go basai tell us the answer?
    This is the last time I am going to tell you.

The analogy is as for those who know how to swim. they just swim. and answers and ideas for those who have never going down to the sea means nothing at all.

You need to Baisi because from Zero to be able to Swim in the Sea, there are lots of effort spending in practice that simple stroke.

cocentrating breathing with your stomach instead of your chest focuses chi down to your dan tien doesnt it?

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Hendrik is very clear with his answers.

The Shen (Spirit) clear, you manifest your intentions. You want Tan Sao, you do Tan Sao. You want Pak Sao, you do Pak Sao.

The Shen wills, intention follows, intention brings forth Qi and blood in movement automatically.

Yi is intention, thought, idea. You have the idea of a Tan Sao, and your body moves into Tan Sao. You don't have to think or concentrate, you just do.

A person comes to me with a headache, I put a needle in the body and have intention to clear the headache. The patient's body immediately responds, and has Qi and blood flow to the area I intend.

Is your intention in the wrist, palm, fingers? Where do you will it? Unless you have some neurological disorder, you just move.

Hope this helps.

And there's nothing wrong with asking your sifu. If they are a sifu, they understand the metaphoric language of Chinese Medicine physiology.