Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Shaolin Xin Yi related sets

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Still sounds very much like the ālaya and manas-vijñāna.
    Indeed it is! But in a more accessible terminology. I have to learn a few more of these buddhist terms....

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    Previously I never thought of interpreting 'Ba' as to control but it does make sense. Although Rett (from the forum) thought of it like this in a conversation we had last year in DengFeng.
    Somewhere on youtube I saw an interview with abbot Yongxin where he expressed this same interpretation as the goal of practicing martial arts in Shaolin, making mention of the style name of "Changhuxinyimen" and then Xinyiba.

Ti Long Pao Quan

Okay then here again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFNJeYcfFgQ

The name is Rising Dragon Canon Fist ?

What about the set ?LFJ mentioned it is more related to Ji Longfeng.

Kind regards,
    Xian

Not just related, it's said to have been created by him. I haven't seen this set in Shaolin, but the relation to Xingyiquan and Shaolin Xinyiquan is quite apparent throughout. And the performer is amazing!

Not just related, it's said to have been created by him. I haven't seen this set in Shaolin, but the relation to Xingyiquan and Shaolin Xinyiquan is quite apparent throughout. And the performer is amazing!
    Yeah I had to see it a couple of times to see what you mean. I mean the relation to Xingyi Quan. So The Canon relates here more to the way with which energy he performs the set ? Like a other translation was given by RenDaHai I think it was "Energy Boxing".

Kind regards,
    Xian

No one else can say anything about the set ?

Kind regards,
    Xian

Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    No one else can say anything about the set ?

Kind regards,
    Xian
    I can't watch it, YouTube is still banned in China.

A few bucks a month tells me otherwise, RDH.

Found the whole thing on youku though: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA0Njg5MjM2.html

A few bucks a month tells me otherwise, RDH.

Found the whole thing on youku though: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA0Njg5MjM2.html
    Always found proxies more trouble than their worth... But PM me the name of the one you use and I'll check it out.

Cheers for the video! Yeah, I thought I recognised the name.

Firstly this is not a Shaolin set. But as you guys say, the relation to XinYi is obvious. Which is pretty awesome because its not referred to as Xin Yi. (Pao Quan is fairly common name to call a stye or a form, even those not belonging to the styel Pao Quan. It means explosive, explosive fist). Why this is awesome is it means the history presented with the set may well be accurate.

i would definately like to see more sets from this style. But Sechuan is a long way.....